X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Donahoe on OTL

I was just watching ESPN and Outside the Lines was on talking about athletic QBs that are better off going into the draft in another position. In the show they Tom Donahoe on and he was talking about how GMs should be salivating over these players because of the athleism they possess.

My question is why would they have Donahoe on, were there no other credible GMs available or is it because he is out of work and available.
    BERNIAC!
  • eeyyeeddoogg
    • Jan 2005

Re: Donahoe on OTL

I was watching the a-hole and thinking the same thing. What the f does he know about drafting players. Just look at his record. He sucks and he is on tv acting like some freaking authority. I've always wondered what in his background made him a gm. If anyone knows please reply with these reasons.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hydrosmak
      I was just watching ESPN and Outside the Lines was on talking about athletic QBs that are better off going into the draft in another position. In the show they Tom Donahoe on and he was talking about how GMs should be salivating over these players because of the athleism they possess.

My question is why would they have Donahoe on, were there no other credible GMs available or is it because he is out of work and available.
      "Teams should be salivating over guys like Rashad Butler and Jay Culter. They are the next Mike Williams and JP Losman's and I would trade 4 first day picks just to get a chance at drafting them if I were a GM" - Tom Donahoe

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

The guy is a tool

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
          "Teams should be salivating over guys like Rashad Butler and Jay Culter. They are the next Mike Williams and JP Losman's and I would trade 4 first day picks just to get a chance at drafting them if I were a GM" - Tom Donahoe
          JF-- did he really say that or are you spoofing him?.... really.... with TD I am not sure?
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Save the postage Tom...

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Posturing for a job.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Donahoe might not have won games, but if this team is successful this season, a lot of his draft picks will have a big part in that. McGahee, Evans, Clements, McGee Peters(Undrafted), Crowell, Schobel and maybe even JP. So he wasnt as bad as some other GMs. Add to that the FAs that were brought in like Spikes and Fletcher. I think his mistakes were made in his coaching hires not draft picks and pro-personnel. Although we can all agree that the lines were not properly addressed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

The employed GMs are working feverishly on the draft. TD is a man of leisure, and deservedly so.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

The guy isn't here anymore, which is most important.

Next winter, some team will fire their GM and he'll be a leading candidate. So be it.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Same reason Rick Spielman is pontificating on the draft on another draft show on TV. He's been there and he's available.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        Same reason Rick Spielman is pontificating on the draft on another draft show on TV. He's been there and he's available.
                        OMG, I saw Spielman on the draft special, I think he's trying to trade our 1st away for someone's 3rd string punter. I loved it when they were talking about the Ricky situation he mentioned "when WE drafted Ronnie Brown...." he was just along for the ride, I don't think he had a lot to do with that pick. They say Spielman was a hard worker, but I wouldn't give him $20 to be my team's GM. You guys talk about your past negative coaching/GM situation, but they're nothing compared to the two headed monster called EL WANNSPIEL!

Comment

• IAG
                          • Jan 2005

And you have Marv Levy now....you are so much better off. At least the Bills will pick in the first hour of the draft next year.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

TD = assclown of the decade

Comment

• Kerr
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

I hear he's in line for a talk show.