PDA

View Full Version : Donahoe on OTL

hydro
04-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I was just watching ESPN and Outside the Lines was on talking about athletic QBs that are better off going into the draft in another position. In the show they Tom Donahoe on and he was talking about how GMs should be salivating over these players because of the athleism they possess.

My question is why would they have Donahoe on, were there no other credible GMs available or is it because he is out of work and available. :roflmao:

eeyyeeddoogg
04-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I was watching the a-hole and thinking the same thing. What the f does he know about drafting players. Just look at his record. He sucks and he is on tv acting like some freaking authority. I've always wondered what in his background made him a gm. If anyone knows please reply with these reasons.

Bill Brasky
04-26-2006, 01:04 AM
I was just watching ESPN and Outside the Lines was on talking about athletic QBs that are better off going into the draft in another position. In the show they Tom Donahoe on and he was talking about how GMs should be salivating over these players because of the athleism they possess.

My question is why would they have Donahoe on, were there no other credible GMs available or is it because he is out of work and available. :roflmao:

"Teams should be salivating over guys like Rashad Butler and Jay Culter. They are the next Mike Williams and JP Losman's and I would trade 4 first day picks just to get a chance at drafting them if I were a GM" - Tom Donahoe

jamze132
04-26-2006, 03:52 AM
The guy is a tool

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-26-2006, 05:44 AM
"Teams should be salivating over guys like Rashad Butler and Jay Culter. They are the next Mike Williams and JP Losman's and I would trade 4 first day picks just to get a chance at drafting them if I were a GM" - Tom Donahoe

JF-- did he really say that or are you spoofing him?.... really.... with TD I am not sure?

Historian
04-26-2006, 05:48 AM
Save the postage Tom...

YardRat
04-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Posturing for a job.

Mahdi
04-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Donahoe might not have won games, but if this team is successful this season, a lot of his draft picks will have a big part in that. McGahee, Evans, Clements, McGee Peters(Undrafted), Crowell, Schobel and maybe even JP. So he wasnt as bad as some other GMs. Add to that the FAs that were brought in like Spikes and Fletcher. I think his mistakes were made in his coaching hires not draft picks and pro-personnel. Although we can all agree that the lines were not properly addressed.

Jan Reimers
04-26-2006, 06:12 AM
The employed GMs are working feverishly on the draft. TD is a man of leisure, and deservedly so.

Night Train
04-26-2006, 06:28 AM
The guy isn't here anymore, which is most important.

Next winter, some team will fire their GM and he'll be a leading candidate. So be it.

TigerJ
04-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Same reason Rick Spielman is pontificating on the draft on another draft show on TV. He's been there and he's available.

!Papacrunk!
04-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Same reason Rick Spielman is pontificating on the draft on another draft show on TV. He's been there and he's available.

OMG, I saw Spielman on the draft special, I think he's trying to trade our 1st away for someone's 3rd string punter. I loved it when they were talking about the Ricky situation he mentioned "when WE drafted Ronnie Brown...." he was just along for the ride, I don't think he had a lot to do with that pick. They say Spielman was a hard worker, but I wouldn't give him $20 to be my team's GM. You guys talk about your past negative coaching/GM situation, but they're nothing compared to the two headed monster called EL WANNSPIEL!

IAG
04-26-2006, 09:01 AM
And you have Marv Levy now....you are so much better off. At least the Bills will pick in the first hour of the draft next year.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 09:04 AM
TD = assclown of the decade

Kerr
04-26-2006, 09:22 AM
I hear he's in line for a talk show.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2006, 09:55 AM
TD = assclown of the decade

I resent that. TOS violation

:)

Sportsuser101
04-26-2006, 11:07 AM
I was watching the a-hole and thinking the same thing. What the f does he know about drafting players. Just look at his record. He sucks and he is on tv acting like some freaking authority. I've always wondered what in his background made him a gm. If anyone knows please reply with these reasons.

Every team makes bad picks. TD has done a good job over the history as a GM of drafting good players late in the draft. Mike Williams is a bust but I find it hard to believe that Losman is a bust after not even playing a full year.

DynaPaul
04-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Donahoe used to work for ESPN when he was unemployed after Pittsburgh canned his ass years ago. No surprise that he's still on their payroll.

eeyyeeddoogg
04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Every team makes bad picks. TD has done a good job over the history as a GM of drafting good players late in the draft. Mike Williams is a bust but I find it hard to believe that Losman is a bust after not even playing a full year.

TD has not done a good job as a GM drafting players. When he left/fired from Pitt they were heading South due to bad drafting. His drafts in Buffalo cannot be labeled better than average at the very best. His late round picks have sucked outside of Mcgee. He flat out blew the Williams pick no matter what anyone say's.
I do give him credit for marketing the team, selling out the stadium, and the salary cap, but the draft and player personal were weak.
As for Losman, I am in his corner. I like him and think he will develop with proper coaching and a decent, instead of terrible o-line.

don137
04-26-2006, 06:16 PM
OMG, I saw Spielman on the draft special, I think he's trying to trade our 1st away for someone's 3rd string punter. I loved it when they were talking about the Ricky situation he mentioned "when WE drafted Ronnie Brown...." he was just along for the ride, I don't think he had a lot to do with that pick. They say Spielman was a hard worker, but I wouldn't give him $20 to be my team's GM. You guys talk about your past negative coaching/GM situation, but they're nothing compared to the two headed monster called EL WANNSPIEL!

Spielman & Wannstadt vs. Donohoe & Williams/Mularkey....eesh that's like comparing cow manure to horse dung...

Its hard to take what Spielman and TD say seriously on TV. They have no credibility in many viewers eyes...IF TD says he loves the QBs that should be the sign to draft another position in round 1

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Spielman & Wannstadt vs. Donohoe & Williams/Mularkey....eesh that's like comparing cow manure to horse dung...

thats pretty funny :)

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Donahoe might not have won games, but if this team is successful this season, a lot of his draft picks will have a big part in that. McGahee, Evans, Clements, McGee Peters(Undrafted), Crowell, Schobel and maybe even JP. So he wasnt as bad as some other GMs. Add to that the FAs that were brought in like Spikes and Fletcher. I think his mistakes were made in his coaching hires not draft picks and pro-personnel. Although we can all agree that the lines were not properly addressed.

Perfectly said. Though he did screw up the 4th overall pick with Williams.. You cant blow top five picks in this league.