PDA

View Full Version : I think Mike Mayock Nailed it last night

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 06:33 AM
On NFLN He was on going over picks 6-10. When he got to Buffalo it was DL. Bunkley then Ngata but he said he feels that the Bills are looking to trade down a few spots, grab more picks and still go DL.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-26-2006, 06:43 AM
I hope so that would be greaat for this team this year. I feel like there is a lot of depth at the O-Line in the draft so we could put 3 to 4 picks into that. I really hope they take either Max Jean-Gilles or Charles Spencer at some point, I think Gilles will have to be in the second round to get him. Bunkley in the 1st, Gilles in the second would be a really nice start for my money.

Night Train
04-26-2006, 06:48 AM
We need a partner to call us on the phone first but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills traded down and still had a shot at Bunkley or Justice .

Then pick a Guard who could start immediately ( Jean-Gilles, Joseph,Lutui or Spencer) in the 2nd round and the draft is off to a great start.

R. Rich
04-26-2006, 06:52 AM
I like the idea of trading down and getting a DL, then a guard in the 2nd. I don't like the idea of taking either Bunkley or Ngata w/ the 8th overall pick.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2006, 07:17 AM
The good thing with that plan is that the Bills would have 3 3rd's and could use one of the 3rds and their 2nd to try and move back into the late 1st and maybe get a guy like Eric Winston.

TigerJ
04-26-2006, 07:20 AM
I agree, that's probably what the Bills are looking for and expecting to happen, but then there are always things that happen in the draft that are hard to predict, like maybe D'Brick falling to the Bills, not that I expect that.

jdbillsfan
04-26-2006, 07:34 AM
I like the idea of trading down and getting a DL, then a guard in the 2nd. I don't like the idea of taking either Bunkley or Ngata w/ the 8th overall pick.

If the Bills trade down, even to just 13 or 14, there is a good chance Bunkley and Ngata wont be there.

Then the Bills will be stuck drafting a player that probably will not help them as much.

After the top 8 blue chippers, Bunkley and Ngata are probably the best options, so I don't think it is a reach at 8.

McGahee420
04-26-2006, 07:48 AM
If the Bills trade down, even to just 13 or 14, there is a good chance Bunkley and Ngata wont be there.

Then the Bills will be stuck drafting a player that probably will not help them as much.

After the top 8 blue chippers, Bunkley and Ngata are probably the best options, so I don't think it is a reach at 8.

Most likely Justice will still be there, and that wouldnt be that bad either.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 07:55 AM
See I don't see Bunkley or Ngata a reach at #8. We have a clear cut need, both can start and make an impact on the DL immediately as rookies.

DT is not a reach at #8. I still don't see anyone that is an 'expert' in the media or hear from any NFL personal that use that word 'Reach'. I think Mullet head mel might have once which is why fans use it.

Clear cut need, top 1-2 guy at that need, the rookie can make an immediate impact. I have no problem with staying at #8 and going DT.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 07:56 AM

I think Matt Millen bucks his trend of drafting offense round one and takes Bunkley or Ngata with #9.

RedEyE
04-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I like Mayock he expresses himself well and his opinions of prospects are usually right on.

jdbillsfan
04-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I think Matt Millen bucks his trend of drafting offense round one and takes Bunkley or Ngata with #9.

I agree. Lions, Cards, Rams, Browns could all be targeting DT.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 08:48 AM
I agree. Lions, Cards, Rams, Browns could all be targeting DT.

Gil Brandt this last week said Arizona will shock people and go defense. They will address QB in the later rounds.

NFLN showed a clip of Ozzie Newsome saying that a good QB can be found in this draft in later rounds.

Prediction...we take Brodie Croyle.

TigerJ
04-26-2006, 08:51 AM

That's possible. Shawn Rogers is in his prime now, but Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson is 33, and probably down to his last 2 or 3 years in the league. If Detroit keeps the same defensive system, I assume they would lean toward Ngata. Both Rogers and Wilkinson are big boys. Detroit also has holes at other defensive positions. They could go in any one of several directions.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 08:59 AM
That's possible. Shawn Rogers is in his prime now, but Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson is 33, and probably down to his last 2 or 3 years in the league. If Detroit keeps the same defensive system, I assume they would lean toward Ngata. Both Rogers and Wilkinson are big boys. Detroit also has holes at other defensive positions. They could go in any one of several directions.

It wouldn't shock me to see them contact buffalo and offer their 4th rounder to move up one spot to get Huff either.

If Mike Mayock is hinting Buffalo moving down I bet there has been word floating around the NFL about Bills getting trade offers.

I can see, Detroit, Dallas, Arizona, Minnesota etc all talking to Buffalo about moving up. I just don't see us moving so far down we miss on one of the DT's but then again, they might go Winston in the 1st and DT in the 2nd

TedMock
04-26-2006, 09:14 AM
I still think that Arizona would be willing to move up two spots to get a QB in fear that Detroit will have the last of the big three fall to them. Hypothetically, let's say Tennessee takes Leinart. I doubt the Jets take a QB, but I wouldn't be shocked if Oakland did at 7. We're up next. Detroit is behind us, and Arizona behind them. Both need to start looking ahead. If we swap firsts with AZ, and maybe get an extra 3rd. I'm perfectly happy with that. We still still land one of the top 2 DT's in the first. We now have the opportunity to go DB in round two. Vincent is old, and Clements may, or may not be around. With three picks in round three, we can easily land a decent guard, and probably a decent tackle.