PDA

View Full Version : Redrafting your own RFA

Ebenezer
04-26-2006, 10:45 AM
I have been asked if it is possible to redraft your own RFA...the answer is yes, as long as you have the cap room. His salary will be adjusted upward. You will also sacrifice that round pick next year.

I was also asked about cutting years off of existing contracts. The answer is again yes. You can cut years off of contracts but you will still be assessed a salcap penalty equal to one half of the year(s) cut in the cap year in which the cut was made.

Sabre Ally
04-26-2006, 10:59 AM
But.......if he's not on the RFA list...........then he's a UFA? And you pay him for whatever round you drafted him in?

I guess it would help if I knew the difference between the two. How does one become an RFA? I don't get it.

Ebenezer
04-26-2006, 11:24 AM
But.......if he's not on the RFA list...........then he's a UFA? And you pay him for whatever round you drafted him in?

I guess it would help if I knew the difference between the two. How does one become an RFA? I don't get it.
1. you can redraft your own UFA. his salary becomes the new price at which you drafted him.

2. you can redraft your own RFA if you are afraid of losing him. his salary becomes the new price at which you drafted him.

3. you needed to designate your RFA (up to two) when you turned in your contract sheet.

4. The difference is that an RFA can be plucked from your roster but if undrafted he automatically is yours. A UFA that you have cut loose has no strings to you at all.

Michael82
04-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for telling us this before. :sigh:

I would have moved up to get Donovan McNabb on Monday if I knew that. :mad: