PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis Video

RedEyE
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
You have to love this guy. The video has an interview with Butch Davis at the begining and while it's a little boring, it shows how articulate and intelligent the guys is as well as his range of humilty. He even seems more comfortable in front of a camera the ol' Butch does.

Now, the game footage tends to repeat alot, but if you don't think this guy is strong, you're nuts. Watch how is always moving his feet like a running back. Never stopping the motor, consistantly looking for the extra yard. He has amazing hands and shrugs tacklers like gnats trying to interupt his picnic.

One thing I'd like to point out; watch what he does to FSU's CB, #29. :rofl:

Enjoy:

http://www.15sports.com/vernon-davis-video-vernon-davis-nfl-draft

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I saw it when he did it, I was extremely impressed. Had we addressed LG, DT and LT in FA then I would be all about drafting him

Pinkerton Security
04-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Every time I see video of that guy, it makes it harder and harder to think we should pass on him. The man is a freak.

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 02:02 PM
damn!

His route running isn't great but his strength and athleticism are amazing. He literally threw those CB's off of him. Routes can be taught by a receivers coach.

I'd rather see OL or DL help but I would not be disappointed at all if the Bills end up with him (although my gut tells me SF will nab him before we get the shot).

Tatonka
04-26-2006, 02:39 PM
i think greenbay might even go after him since they will probably trade walker

Billsrock4life
04-26-2006, 02:58 PM
damn!

His route running isn't great but his strength and athleticism are amazing. He literally threw those CB's off of him. Routes can be taught by a receivers coach.

I'd rather see OL or DL help but I would not be disappointed at all if the Bills end up with him (although my gut tells me SF will nab him before we get the shot).

same feeling here i he looks more like a WR then a TE and for his size he can sure as hell move around, not 2 mention hes a ***** to tackle judging from the videos

jmb1099
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
The man is a beast. If he's there at 8 we shouldn't pass him up.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
The man is a beast. If he's there at 8 we shouldn't pass him up.

Are we going to get our 2nd DT, Starting LG and LT before then? If so I agree.

Gunzlingr
04-26-2006, 03:52 PM
He definitely knows how to manhandle

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 05:09 PM
I dont know a lot but this is one thing I"ve known for months.. Vernon Davis is the BEST player in this draft and in 2-3 years he will be the BEST PRO in this draft.

Not Brick, Young, Bush, Ngata or Williams.. but Vernon Davis. Other teams are realizing this as he will NOW likely be gone before the 8th pick.. I wish the draft was held two months ago, he would have been ours for sure.

If there is a run of QB's early (god I hope so) and this man is on the board, Marv Levy officially becomes a BUM in my book if he passes on him for a "need" player or to trade down (unless they get the farm).

He's going to be a better pro than any MID round pick AND a second rounder, COMBINED.

dplus47
04-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Are we going to get our 2nd DT, Starting LG and LT before then? If so I agree.

i would hope the bills are considering drafting a G with their first round pick, but i'm guessing they are smarter than that. ; )

Jeff1220
04-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I love when he tosses #29(?) from FSU off of him and to the ground after he caught that ball.

RedEyE
04-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I dont know a lot but this is one thing I"ve known for months.. Vernon Davis is the BEST player in this draft and in 2-3 years he will be the BEST PRO in this draft.

Not Brick, Young, Bush, Ngata or Williams.. but Vernon Davis. Other teams are realizing this as he will NOW likely be gone before the 8th pick.. I wish the draft was held two months ago, he would have been ours for sure.

If there is a run of QB's early (god I hope so) and this man is on the board, Marv Levy officially becomes a BUM in my book if he passes on him for a "need" player or to trade down (unless they get the farm).

He's going to be a better pro than any MID round pick AND a second rounder, COMBINED.

While Davis might be the "best player" out of the draft, there are still going to be some really good and effective players coming into the pros as well. Most of them on the defensive side of the ball.

It's game of necessity versus luxury.