PDA

View Full Version : My 1st and Final Mock Draft of the Year

Sportsuser101
04-26-2006, 12:12 PM
1 Houston - RB Reggie Bush - USC
Best player in the draft. Period.

2 New Orleans - DE Mario Williams - NC State
Will Smith, Charles Grant and Mario Williams? Scary. Williams could end up being the best player in the draft.

3 Tennessee - QB Matt Leinart - USC
Chow and Fisher want Leinart. Him and Volek will compete for the starting job out of day 1.

4 Oakland (from NYJ) OLB AJ Hawk - Ohio State
Oakland moves up to get ahead of Green Bay to grab AJ Hawk. The organization loves this kid.

5 Green Bay - S Michael Huff - Texas
Green Bay is sent scrambling as Hawk goes off the board. They acquire their biggest need and go to the secondary.

6 San Francisco - TE Vernon Davis - Maryland
With Ferguson on the board the 49ers felt with young Alex Smith that it was more important to get the big target at TE.

7 New York Jets - DT Haloti Ngata - Oregon
The Jets shock everybody by taking DT Haloti Ngata. The Jets are enamored with Ngata and his fit in the 34 scheme and the new guys over in New Jersey love defense.

8 Buffalo - OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson
The Bills couldn't get to the podium faster. Ferguson was considered from picks to 1 to 7 and somehow fell to the Bills at #8.

9 Detroit - OLB Ernie Sims - Florida State
Detroit gets a late offer from Minnesota so they can move up to get Young but the interdivision trade wasn't worth it. Sims will continue to help an improving Lions defense.

10 Arizona - QB Vince Young - Texas
Green loves both Young and Cutler but felt like Youngs athletic ability wins out. Young to Boldin and Fitzgerald has a nice ring to it for Arizona fans.

11 St Louis - QB Jay Cutler - Vanderbilt
The Rams should have probably went defense here but the higher heirchy wanted Cutler.

12 Cleveland - DT Brodrick Bunkley - Florida State
Cleveland feels that Bunkley can fit into their 34 defense. Some think he can, some don't.

13 Baltimore - OT Winston Justice - USC
Baltimore probably would have taken Ngata or Bunkley here but are happy to get Justice who will play RT and eventually replace a declining Ogden.

14 Philadelphia - OLB Chad Greenway - Iowa
Philadelphia loves Greenway and Carpenter. Both guys have played with other great LBs but Greenways superb tackling ability just edges out Carpenter.

15 Denver - WR Santonio Holmes - Ohio State
Rod Smith is getting old and both Lelie and Watts haven't lived up to expectations. They like Jackson but feel Jacksons production last year may be a result of Meyers offensive scheme.

16 Miami - OLB Manny Lawson - NC State
Big need at OLB here and Lawson is flying up the charts. Some say he may enter the top 10 but Miami is happy with Lawson here at #16.

17 Minnesota - OLB Bobby Carpenter - Ohio State
Minny tried to move up to grab their QB but end up staying at #17 and grab Carpenter who they feel can play middle and outside linebacker in their scheme.

18 Dallas - OLB Kamerion Wimbley - Florida State
Dallas is supposely enamored with Wimbley. Boom or bust pick but if he is a boom look out! Ware and Wimbley can make the most dangerous pairing of outside linebackers in a long time.

19 San Diego - CB Antonio Cromartie - Florida State
San Diego is very happy to grab Cromartie. If healthy last year should have been a top 10, even top 5 pick. San Diego has a need at CB and Cromartie just helped fill it.

20 Kansas City - WR Chad Jackson - Florida
Edwards pushes to go defense but ultimately they felt the lack of depth at WR and the depth on defense that it was the right decision to go WR.

21 New England - CB Tye Hill - Clemson
Belichick passes on troublesome Jimmy Williams for Tye Hill. They like Hills toughness and take him here.

22 San Francisco - CB Jimmy Williams - Virginia Tech
Nolan goes defense in the 1st round for the 1st time since taking over the 9ers. Williams has been very productive in college and off the field issues probably pushed him out of the top 10-15. 49ers will take the chance on him.

23 Tampa Bay - OT Eric Winston - Miami
TB looks defense but ultimately decide that Winstons' upside to became a premier LT is too good to pass up.

24 Cincinnati - S Donte Whitner - Ohio State
Perfect fit for the Bengals. This team improves every year and with Whitner they continue to.

25 New York Giants - DT Gabe Watson - Michigan
Giants supposely love this guy. With the addition of Arrington the Giants look at Watson and Moss. They feel Watsons upside is too good to pass up. Umenyiora, Strahan, Watson and Joseph make a strong front 4.

26 Chicago - TE Merces Lewis - UCLA
The Bears love Lewis and his production over his career. Lewis has played with inconsistant quarterbacks and still has been productive. Grossman needs a big target in the middle and Lewis is that guy.

27 Carolina - RB DeAngelo Williams - Memphis
Carolina needs a running back in the worst way. They also need an outside linebacker but the guys they covet are gone. Williams should give the Panthers a good running back for a full year.

28 Jacksonville - OLB Thomas Howard - UTEP
Del Rio supposely loves this guy. The guy is freakish. May be a bit of a reach here.

29 New York Jets - RB Laurence Maroney - Minnesota
Jets get their running back of the future with Maroney. Maroney is use to sharing time running the ball and should be a nice fit for the Jets for this year and the future.

30 Indianapolis - RB Joseph Addai - LSU
Colts love this guys versatility. He can run the ball, catch the ball and heck he can even throw it. Addai and Rhodes will help fill the void left by James.

31 Seattle - CB Jonathan Joseph - South Carolina
Joseph gives the Seahawks much needed depth at cornerback and may even start over Kelly Herndon by midseason.

32 Pittsburgh - RB LenDale White - USC
White is a beast and the Steelers form their version of thunder and lightning as White teams with Willie Parker. Steelers also looked at Moss here.

Comments welcommed.

BigGabes23
04-26-2006, 01:09 PM
pretty good......I too have been trying to rationalize Brick falling to 8, but it is not going to happen.

From what I have heard, all trade talks are dead in the top 5. Plus there is no way Raiders move to 4 and take Hawk.

I like how you have Jackson as the #2 WR (to KC #20). I think this will happen too.

Sportsuser101
04-26-2006, 01:20 PM
pretty good......I too have been trying to rationalize Brick falling to 8, but it is not going to happen.

From what I have heard, all trade talks are dead in the top 5. Plus there is no way Raiders move to 4 and take Hawk.

I like how you have Jackson as the #2 WR (to KC #20). I think this will happen too.

Yeah not sure if it'll happen but I have heard that Davis and the Raiders absolutely love Hawk. Ultimately if that trade does happen the Jets may take Ferguson over Ngata but figure why not give him to Buffalo?

Yeah I'm not impressed with Jackson all that much. I like Holmes better but in most drafts I think both of these guys would be 2nd round picks.

Billsrock4life
04-26-2006, 03:06 PM
i'd be happy if they picked up dbrick but i dont think he will fall that far

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-26-2006, 06:57 PM
I am guessing in your scenario Dewayne Robertson just became a Jets draft bust.

Sportsuser101
04-26-2006, 08:09 PM
I am guessing in your scenario Dewayne Robertson just became a Jets draft bust.

Robertson is a terrible fit for the Jets scheme. Would probably move to the end like he did a good amount of plays last year with Abraham gone and Thomas would help fill in as well.

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2006, 08:18 PM
GB would and will take a serious look at Dbrick if he falls. I also doubt NYJ would pass on Dbrick for Ngata.

Slim
04-26-2006, 08:55 PM
As much as i would love d'brick... Realistically, i never see it happening.

Sportsuser101
04-26-2006, 09:42 PM
GB would and will take a serious look at Dbrick if he falls. I also doubt NYJ would pass on Dbrick for Ngata.

GB needs defense not offense. They have some pretty damn good tackles in Clifton and Tauschner and even Barry as a strong backup. I don't even think they need to draft a tackle at all let alone in the 1st round. Linebacker, cornerback and still needing to replace Wahle and Rivera at guard are their needs. Too high for a guard and probably cornerback too so I think they grab Hawk if he's still there.

TigerJ
04-26-2006, 10:18 PM
I've seen a few other mocks that have D'Brick falling to #8. It still has to be considered a long shot, but chances of it happening may actually be closer to slim than to none.

Oaklandraider
04-26-2006, 11:36 PM
thats what would happen if matt is gone.

mikemac2001
04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
I think we all know anything can happen, just wait and see

Jan Reimers
04-27-2006, 07:52 AM
I love it, as I do any good work of fiction.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
I love it, as I do any good work of fiction.

If it were fact it wouldn't be called a mock draft. It would be called the after the draft results.