PDA

View Full Version : interesting comment may be clue to who starts at QB.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060426/1054907.asp?tbd1054907.asp

"With Willis and our young right tackle Jason, we feel like we can help our quarterbacks mature, make the game a little easier for them, if we can run the ball successfully, play-action pass, keep some people really honest and fearful of what we're going to do running the football," Jauron said.

Mature? Make it easier for them? Sure sounds like JP or Nall to me.

Mr. Pink
04-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Or someone drafted come Saturday....be it Young, Cutler, Jacobs or Croyle.

EricStratton
04-26-2006, 01:45 PM
You've named two of the three so the chances of you being right is pretty good.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 02:01 PM
You've named two of the three so the chances of you being right is pretty good.

Well lets see, I thought posters might be smart enough to catch that Holcomb doesn't need to mature much more at nearly 34 years old. I guess I was incorrect.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 02:02 PM

We arent' taking a QB regardless of who is there. Marv doesn't like the first round stigma and isnt' willing to wait 3-4 years for a kid to develop. We have a guy that has been given a whole 8 games in two years, and Nall. We need to see if they get it or not. If not, its a Veteran brought in next year.

EricStratton
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Well lets see, I thought posters might be smart enough to catch that Holcomb doesn't need to mature much more at nearly 34 years old. I guess I was incorrect.

So you're pretty much just talking to hear yourself talk.

Thanks for the tip.

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM

oh please no....

bigbub2352
04-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I think JP will be starter so they can say we invested alot in him and we gave him the chance and he didnt work out so move on, Kelly will be on the bench and Nall will be in waiting at start of season, Craig Ochs will be on PRACTICE SQUAD and they might sigh a rookie FA after draft, i really dont see them taking anyone a t QB till next year

ublinkwescore
04-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm tired of drafting QBs.

let's just build up our lines, and bring in a young veteran who does 'get it' - even if we have to trade an arm and a leg for him - then we sign him to a long term contract.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Some interesting info on this year's top 3 QB that I heard on a local radio station where they had a scout from a local scouting service. I forgot his name so I'll call him The Scout.

1) Matt Leinart: played pro-style offense in USC. Most complete QB of the bunch except arm strength. The Scout actually compared him to Jon Kitna - that's right Jon Kitna - fundamentally sound, normally making good decisions, just not scaring a defense like Carson Palmer does. So he's a safe pick and most ready to play right away.

2) Vince Young: great upside but won't be ready for awhile. He needs to change his mechanics and more importantly needs to learn to play QB other than shot-gun. Does not have Vick's athleticism to get-by in NFL but has better leadership and decision making than Vick at this stage. A long tern investment.

3) Jay Cutler. Somewhere in between of Leinart and Young in style and a notch below. Will take a couple of year to be ready and some GM feel that he's the kind of QB that will throw/score a lot of TDs but also 20 INTs a year.

Somehow I see Losman fit in what they described about Cutler. The question is, will 2006 be the year for him?

Mitchy moo
04-26-2006, 02:58 PM

Holcomb was not going to be the starter anyways.