PDA

View Full Version : Highlights of Ngata and Bunkley...

RedEyE
04-26-2006, 05:43 PM
The Ngata reel is difficult to see. Just really shows how big this guy is and how difficult it is to run around him. I think that he would instantly fill the gap Buffalo has on DL. When he tackles players, he engulfs them then rubs their noses in it. His attitude shows in his performance and I like it.

Ngata: http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=ec9e3d28-2714-4331-be2f-dce138092197&f=rss33

Bunkley's reel is more entertaining and easier to see. He actually looks like Triplett times 3. He rips through OLineman like a hot knife through butter. They know he's still there in the 4th qrtr. One thing I like about this reel, check out how he drives through the Gators OL to the RB.

Bunkley: http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=447e2a87-5082-4e2b-9e47-1abcf9f39692&f=rss33

A couple of things. It's quite obvious that Ngata is huge, I mean freakishly big and with Triplett using his size to get to the QB, the two will be a force to reckon with. My only concern is that a guy of this size will begin to tire quickly in those long defensive games. If the Bills grab Ngata 8 over all, look for them to also grab 2 other DTs through the rest of the draft. one probably in the 3rd and the other in later rounds.

Bunkley has the drive to punch through lines and I love how he stretches his body to get an ankle, a toe or just a fist full of turf beneath the ball carrier. Anything to force them to the ground. I worry that a Triplett and Bunkley combo might get pushed around by large offensive lines, but those lines are few and far between these days regardless. However, Triplett and Bunkley could run some defensive line stunts that will make any opposing offensive coordinator's head spin.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Schobel, Triplett, Bunkley or Ngata, and Kelsay for another year doesnt sound bad to me. I think we take another DT whether we take Bunkley or Ngata because I dont like Tim Anderson rotating in and out all game as much as I like Claude Wroten or Rod Wright rotating.

Devin
04-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Man Ngata has quick feet.

Sportsuser101
04-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Schobel, Triplett, Bunkley or Ngata, and Kelsay for another year doesnt sound bad to me. I think we take another DT whether we take Bunkley or Ngata because I dont like Tim Anderson rotating in and out all game as much as I like Claude Wroten or Rod Wright rotating.

Very hard for DT to crack a starting lineup in year 1 especially out of the gate.

Ed
04-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Just based on those video clips I liked the look of Bunkley a lot more. I wouldn't be too worried about him getting pushed around. He's still over 300 lbs, and was the strongest player at the combine. Or at least strongest D-lineman.

Mahdi
04-26-2006, 11:51 PM
I have to say after watching those videos I dont mind drafting Ngata anymore. He looks like he is fast enough to play a Cover 2 style of defense. Bunkley looks good too. Buffalo is sitting in great position, they'll either get one of 2 players they really need, or get one of the other top 5 players who may drop if Ngata and Cutler are taken ahead of them.

evol4276
04-27-2006, 12:21 AM
i am a big bunkley fan as of recently.. the dude is a pig on the field, not to mention scary as hell looking during the scout trainings..