PDA

View Full Version : Espn Insider article about us trading down

Arod3619
04-26-2006, 07:10 PM
basically it says that we may trade with the rams because they want cutler very bad and it also says that the eagles want to trade up with us too. It says that we have high grades on cutler and huff and were not too excited with ngata or bunkley and that moving down could be beneficial for us. It also says that the coaching staff wants ferguson or hawk but levy doesnt want to trade up. players that it says we could get if we move down would be justice, jimmy williams, ernie sims who is an olb which i found weird. thought you guys might like to know and if it was already posted sorry. thanks

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Just saw NFL NEtwork said Philly wants to trade up with us too they want Ngata.

TO me.. if we're going to take Bunkley we are HORRIBLE if we cant trade down and do it.

Wait til your on the clock, see if Hawk or DAvis slip through, if not.. trade down and still get Bunkley, its pretty simple

acehole
04-26-2006, 07:28 PM
basically it says that we may trade with the rams because they want cutler very bad and it also says that the eagles want to trade up with us too. It says that we have high grades on cutler and huff and were not too excited with ngata or bunkley and that moving down could be beneficial for us. It also says that the coaching staff wants ferguson or hawk but levy doesnt want to trade up. players that it says we could get if we move down would be justice, jimmy williams, ernie sims who is an olb which i found weird. thought you guys might like to know and if it was already posted sorry. thanks

Erie Simms would be an awsome pic there would replace posey and give us a pass rush there as well would be happy with that pick.

acehole
04-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Just saw NFL NEtwork said Philly wants to trade up with us too they want Ngata.

TO me.. if we're going to take Bunkley we are HORRIBLE if we cant trade down and do it.

Wait til your on the clock, see if Hawk or DAvis slip through, if not.. trade down and still get Bunkley, its pretty simple

What would philly have to give?

2 and 3rd?

don137
04-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Sims is a perfect linebacker for the cover two because of his quickness...If we trade to the mid-teens I think he could be a possibility

MarvLevy
04-26-2006, 08:29 PM

2 and 3rd?

WHAT PICKS DOES PHILLY HAVE EXTRA?

Nighthawk
04-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Can't wait until Saturday, should be fun!

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 10:07 PM

2 and 3rd? Try third and maybe a 5th or so. From 8-14 I believe isn't that expensive on the trade chart

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Try third and maybe a 5th or so. From 8-14 I believe isn't that expensive on the trade chart

If we can get the 5th. It even be a 4th and 6th or so. Once you get past 4 or so, the picks between 5-15 are not that different in value.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
If we can get the 5th. It even be a 4th and 6th or so. Once you get past 4 or so, the picks between 5-15 are not that different in value.

Granted. I hate missing out on the top DT's in this draft though. I feel Bunkley will be an immediate impact for us and help anchor a good DL for quite some time.

I am at the point I want the damn thing over with.

Throne Logic
04-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Value is relative to how badly someone wants something you have. The trade value book may be a nice guidline, however, it's not the law. Especially if multiple teams are trying to make that trade. If Cutler and Ngata are both available when Buffalo selects at #8, there could very well be a bidding war for that #8 pick.

mikemac2001
04-26-2006, 11:46 PM
if we were higher it would be great but i think we have a really good position in the draft someone will want cutler and if one of our guys somehow slip we take them if not trade down...pretty simple

BillsFever21
04-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Here is a value chart.

www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp (http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp)

We would probably only get a 3rd if we traded with the Rams for the 11th pick. If we went down to 14th with the Eagles we may get a 2nd though.

If we can still get a player we want I'm all for trading with the Eagles and picking up a 2nd rounder. That would give us 5 out of the first 72 draft picks. We could pick up a lot of players.

For us to trade up to 4th or 5th to take Hawk or Ferguson it would cost us our 2nd round pick with maybe a 4th round pick in return with the other team.

I'd love to have them guys but I'm not sure if I'd wanna give up that much. If we happened to trade down instead that would be two 1st day picks we would lose.

Only time would tell if it would be worth it or not. If Ferguson or Hawk ended up being great players and that much better then the other player we select in the 1st round and the 2nd round pick isn't anything to write home about we would regret it.

mikemac2001
04-27-2006, 12:13 AM
if rams want cutler enough we get the 2nd espically if minny is bidding ....VALUE CHART overated

LifetimeBillsFan
04-27-2006, 01:39 AM
....Wait til your on the clock, see if Hawk or DAvis slip through, if not.. trade down and still get Bunkley, its pretty simple

Absolutely!

This is the kind of draft where nobody really knows who is going to pick who in the top 7. Even though everyone agrees that Bush and Mario Williams are the top two players, it isn't even guaranteed that they will be drafted by the teams currently holding the first two picks.

The only thing anyone can say for sure is that there will be at least one and perhaps as many as four top players still on the board when the Bills pick at # 8. The Bills are going to have to wait until they are on the clock to see just exactly which players are still there for them to choose from before they can decide if they would even be willing to field offers for their pick from other teams. It is almost certain that there will be at least one player still on the board when they pick that would be a fit for them and at least one that some other team picking in the middle or end of the first round will want. And, they are going to have a tough decision to make.

But, IMHO they would be foolish to make that decision before they are on the clock and they can see what players are available and what trade offers they receive.

if rams want cutler enough we get the 2nd espically if minny is bidding ....VALUE CHART overated

If a team wants a player badly enough and the Bills can get a bidding war going, you can throw out the value chart. As I stated in an earlier post, the Browns gave up 500 more value points a couple of years ago to move up one spot in the draft to get Kellen Winslow Jr. If you are talking about moving more than a couple of spots and risking missing out on a player that you have targetted, you can ask for a lot more than the value chart shows if you know that the team you are talking to really wants a particular player and has no chance of getting him without making a deal with you--and there's a fair chance that you may get it.

The problem with trading down with Minny and the Eagles is that Baltimore and Cleveland both are looking for DTs in this draft and trading down past the # 12 slot could make it hard to get either Ngata or Bunkley. A trade with the Rams might give them a shot at one or both, if the Rams move up for anyhone but a DT, but would probably net them less. Still, three third-round picks wouldn't be bad and would give them the flexibility to deal up later on. (Personally, I would see if I could get the # 11 pick and the Rams' second rounder for the # 8 and a # 5 if the Rams seem desperate enough--that would be less than a 200 point differential on the value chart).