PDA

View Full Version : Forget About VD (and Hawk/Cutler news)

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Take this with a grain of salt if you want, and NOBODY is more UNHAPPY about this than I am.. But my buddy Gregory Cox, who writes for the Oakland Raiders, advised me highly to "quit having my wet dreams about Vernon Davis because he aint going to be a Buffalo Bill."

He said that its becoming common knowledge in the Bay Area that if V Davis was to get past SF at 6 that Oakland is going to take him IMMEDIATELY, and it doesnt matter if M Huff or V Young, one or both are on the board.

Of course now, He's not Al Davis so we'll have to wait and see.. But he made it very apparent V Davis will NOT last til the 8th pick.

He also said that if there is one "projected top 6-7 pick" that could possibly fall to the Bills at 8 that it would be AJ Hawk, and that's if 2 QB were among the first four picks.

Lastly, apparently the rumor going around ESPN that the Bills are interested in Jay Cutler, according to Cox, is indeed true.. The Bills apparently are not interested in V Young.

Bombdiggity
04-26-2006, 07:48 PM
no more QB's :(

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 07:54 PM
If Davis, Hawk and Brick are all gone.. I really think the Bills will try to trade down 3-4 picks , pick up a third rounder and grab Bunkley (and then maybe package two of the 3rds to get in the 2nd round twice)..

OR

Trade down even further (Minnesota or Dallas 17-18) pick up another second rounder as well and target the best player at that spot.. IMO that would be a safety; either Whittner, Jason Allen or Jimmy Williams.. 17 is probably too high for Eric Winston, no other DT's (outside of Ngata or Bunk) are mid first rounders, there are no DE's with 1st round talent that high, and I dont think they take a LB in the 1st unless it was someone special like Hawk or ernie sims.

**NOTE** If Either Davis, Brick or Hawk are there at 8, do NOT even CONSIDER trading down, they BETTER take one of those guys if they are on the board.

Tatonka
04-26-2006, 08:04 PM
i have been saying all along aj could fall to us.. and if he is there.. he is a bill.. he will replace fletcher in the middle next year.. who is a free agent and over 30.. the bills are clearly going for youth.. they will not resign him.. someone will definately over pay for him.. and posey will be gone next year too.

our LB crew next year will be

spikes / hawk / crowell.

hell, it might be our starting line up this year.

Sportsuser101
04-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Why draft a guy that high and not play him? That only happens with QBs and for obvious reasons. Personally I think we have much bigger needs then linebacker. I'd take a CB before I took a LBer. Its all moot because I can't see him falling to us with both Green Bay and Oakland supposely all over this guy.

X-Era
04-26-2006, 08:21 PM
i have been saying all along aj could fall to us.. and if he is there.. he is a bill.. he will replace fletcher in the middle next year.. who is a free agent and over 30.. the bills are clearly going for youth.. they will not resign him.. someone will definately over pay for him.. and posey will be gone next year too.

spikes / hawk / crowell.

No way Hawk falls to us,if anything Davis falls before Hawk. To many teams need a stud LB to let him drop.

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 08:46 PM
There is ONE scenario I think where Hawk could fall.
1- Bush (duh)
2- Williams (ditto)
3- Leinart (ditto)
4- Young/Cutler (would be at least a mild surprise)
5- Brick (he aint lasting past 5 GB would take him)
6- Davis
7- Huff or Young/Cutler.. Would be a shock though if the Raiders passed on Hawk at seven.

That means basically.. Huff or Young/Cutler are the "top rated" players that we could get.. Not saying they are the best fits, but they'll be the top ranked players, unless somehow Oak took Huff or a QB over Hawk.

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 08:57 PM
If Davis, Hawk and Brick are all gone.. I really think the Bills will try to trade down 3-4 picks , pick up a third rounder and grab Bunkley (and then maybe package two of the 3rds to get in the 2nd round twice)..

if all those guys are gone, why the **** would anyone trade with us? Who would they want?

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 09:02 PM
if all those guys are gone, why the **** would anyone trade with us? Who would they want?
Cutler.. Maybe Ngata.. Maybe Huff.. Maybe even Vince young.

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 09:03 PM
The Rams are rumored to have a hard-on for Jay Cutler, that would be a perfect trade for us.. We'd still get Bunkley for sure at 11, and pick up an extra day one pick.

HAMMER
04-26-2006, 09:19 PM

spikes / hawk / crowell.

Good God that would be sweet, I love Hawk.

TigerJ
04-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Maybe Al Davis thinks Vernon Davis is his long lost cousin.

CAbills
04-27-2006, 01:40 AM
I rather take Huff since we have a need right now at safety, although I would NOT be disappointed with Hawk. I am nervous about the DTs seems 8 is a little to high for either...starting to make me nervous.

Jan Reimers
04-27-2006, 04:58 AM
Great news! Now we can take a player we actually NEED!

SquishDaFish
04-27-2006, 05:10 AM
Where we are drafting in the 1st round we cannot go for 100 % need! Jan I dont know how many times you need to hear this but in the top 10 of any draft you CANNOT go for need only. These are blue chip guys. And if one of the few drop to you and its not for your need pos you take him anyway and fill your need later. You CANNOT PASS ON A BLUE CHIPPER BECAUSE WE HAVE A NEED SOMEWHERE ELSE!! The only way u pass on one is if someone 3-6 picks below us wants to overpay to trade up into our spot THEN and only THEN we take our NEED pick.

YardRat
04-27-2006, 05:22 AM
I think they're targeting Bunkley or Justice.

X-Era
04-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Great news! Now we can take a player we actually NEED!

Yes, thats correct. Turns out Everett who is injured AGAIN and hasnt played and NFL down and our HUGE signing of Royal, makes us such STUDS at TE that we should pass up the next Antonio Gates. :coocoo:

Jan Reimers
04-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Yes, thats correct. Turns out Everett who is injured AGAIN and hasnt played and NFL down and our HUGE signing of Royal, makes us such STUDS at TE that we should pass up the next Antonio Gates. :coocoo:
No, let's just continue to ignore the D and the O line - as we did under Donahoe - and draft the glamour guy, so we can look really good going 5-11 again.

And why give up on Everett at this point? His injury is not career threatening, and he very well might turn into the fast, athletic tight end that you so badly want.

mysticsoto
04-27-2006, 08:01 AM
I think that's all bull*****. There is absolutely NO WAY that San Fran chooses Vernon Davis over Hawk. The 49ers need two...TWO LBs that they need to obtain in this draft to start. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they would let Hawk go by them for Davis!!!

Turf
04-27-2006, 08:33 AM
The Rams are rumored to have a hard-on for Jay Cutler, that would be a perfect trade for us.. We'd still get Bunkley for sure at 11, and pick up an extra day one pick.

If that's the case it's a perfect scenario.

justasportsfan
04-27-2006, 08:39 AM
But my buddy Gregory Cox, who writes for the Oakland Raiders, advised me highly to "quit having my wet dreams about Vernon Davis because he aint going to be a Buffalo Bill."

Is he wealthier than Skooby's friend? Money talks ya know .

MVP
04-27-2006, 08:42 AM

spikes / hawk / crowell.

1. Hawk is an OLB
2. Theres no way Green Bay don't take AJ

don137
04-27-2006, 08:51 AM
The pivotal pick in someone falling to us lies in the Jets #4 overall pick. If the Jets or if the Jets trade down and the #4 pick goes QB there is a slim chance that Brick or Hawk falls to us. If the #4 pick goes Brick or Hawk then no way one falls to Buffalo