PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic performance

Bill Brasky
04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
This team got outskated tonight by a bunch of stone fossils.

Power play was dead, again. No movement whatsoever... all they did was stand around most of the time.

Philly had more odd-man rushes than Buffalo... how is that possible?

I know Philly had more to play for tonight as far as staying in the series, but tonight was a very dissapointing effort on the part of Buffalo. They better not play like this in game 4.

JD
04-26-2006, 09:04 PM
We were not outskated by Philly. We beat them to the other end every time after a dump-in.

Forsberg didnt even score the one goal, Campbell did..he shot it across and it went in off McKee's skate. The other goal went off Millers back and in. They got lucky bounces, simple as that. Our passes were off alot of the time.. Miller let in a softie.

Powerplay SUCKED! Absolutely terrible!!!

And Philly had more oddman rushes because the Sabres were taking chances all game, by having our D-men pinch in almost everytime we were on the offensive.

SkateZilla
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
We were not outskated by Philly. We beat them to the other end every time after a dump-in.

Forsberg didnt even score the one goal, Campbell did..he shot it across and it went in off McKee's skate. The other goal went off Millers back and in. They got lucky bounces, simple as that. Our passes were off alot of the time.. Miller let in a softie.

Powerplay SUCKED! Absolutely terrible!!!

And Philly had more oddman rushes because the Sabres were taking chances all game, by having our D-men pinch in almost everytime we were on the offensive.

i was watching, the game was wierd,

Philly got a goal off a skate, a goal off a arm and off hte skate befor ehte the arm, and the empty netter, the only goal they shoulda had was the SH goal..

The sabres RALLIED in the 3rd to own them.... but it came up short,

I think we should do well next game(s)

Meathead
04-26-2006, 09:28 PM
sorry but the sh goal was a bad one let in by miller. from that angle it should be a routine save 99% of the time they just got the 1%

not being a homer thats just a nhl fact

Meathead
04-26-2006, 09:36 PM
i swear im not being a homer when i say im not impressed at all with this philly team

they have been undisciplined, sloppy, and lucky

c'mon, game 1 had the once-maybe-twice a season goalie performance and tonight they had four soft/fluke goals

they all count and garbage goals are a part of hockey but the flyers are NOT taking control of these games. prior to tonight they had two good periods, the 2nd and 4th of the first game

tonight they were tighter and a little more determined than the other two games but not at all to the level i expected. the string of dumb penalties was rediculous and if i were their fan id have been furious in the 2nd period. ultra-undisciplined

they better not play that way the rest of the way because this might end up being buffalos worst game of the series. i expected a let down by the sabres, at least relative to the flyers because it was basically do or die for them but not us. that usually means an imbalance and i saw that tonite

but the sabres now know that a flyer win changes everything and they should have more desperation in their own game. i expect the sabres to respond accordingly

in fact, the flyers not getting burned tonite by the dumbness may not be hurt enough by it to take it to heart. if they keep doing that they will lose, period, as you cant keep going 3-for-26, you just cant

did i already predict here idk but im taking the sabres in game 4 5-2

clumping platelets
04-27-2006, 12:18 AM
lack of production on the PP lost this game.......chances were there

Ebenezer
04-27-2006, 12:25 AM
two fluke goals by the same guy in the same period?? isn't going to happen again any time soon.

PUCKER
04-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Well,were just going to have to suck it up and get back on track Friday!

Bill Brasky
04-27-2006, 08:09 PM
the problem with luck though, philly's had it for 2 games.

luck wins games.

BlackMetalNinja
04-27-2006, 08:13 PM
the problem with luck though, philly's had it for 2 games.

luck wins games.

For 2 games??? when exactly were they lucky while getting their asses handed to them in game 2?

Bill Brasky
04-27-2006, 08:15 PM
game 1... and game 3.

BlackMetalNinja
04-27-2006, 08:25 PM
oooooooooooooh... I wouldn't really say they were lucky in game 1, I thought it was a pretty decent game really. And yes, they did get some lucky bounces last night, but they also outplayed us generally speaking. I only figured we'd get 1 in Philly anyways, so now we can win the series at home in front of a national tv audience! I'm pumped for Sunday, finally get to see the Sabres in HD!

Bill Brasky
04-27-2006, 08:55 PM
oooooooooooooh... I wouldn't really say they were lucky in game 1, I thought it was a pretty decent game really. And yes, they did get some lucky bounces last night, but they also outplayed us generally speaking. I only figured we'd get 1 in Philly anyways, so now we can win the series at home in front of a national tv audience! I'm pumped for Sunday, finally get to see the Sabres in HD!

I say they were lucky in Game 1... considering the Sabres took it to them and the game should have been a blowout like Game 2.

I was figuring the Sabs would lose at least 1 in Philly, now they just need to bounce back and finish this series to rest up because NJ is red hot right now and are probably going to sweep the NYR

BlackMetalNinja
04-27-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't even want to think about NJ, I hate to say it, but I absolutely hate our chances against them, especially how they are playing right now. I'm hoping Carolina gets their act together because I'd rather face Ottawa then NJ.

Dozerdog
04-27-2006, 09:17 PM
If Tampa can knock off Ottawa, we get he Canadians and home ice :up:

BlackMetalNinja
04-27-2006, 09:22 PM
That's not going to happen... Ottawa is already up 3 games to 1 and I definitely don't see them losing 3 straight.

Bill Brasky
04-27-2006, 10:11 PM

Keep dreamin Phil.

TB is down 3-1 in that series.

JD
04-27-2006, 10:41 PM
or Carolina wins...and we play Ottawa.. I'd actually take that over NJ.

JD
04-27-2006, 10:42 PM
and I think carolina could take NJ..and I think we could take carolina..i am dreaming right now but its a good dream..