PDA

View Full Version : I really hope this Cutler stuff is just a smokescreen...

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 09:04 PM
I leave the zone for 5 hours to work on a paper and go to the gym, and suddenly we're taking Cutler?

This would be the biggest waste of a pick ever. We desperately need OL and DL help, and any QB we get is going to look like **** behind our horrid OL. We used a first round pick on Losman and still haven't given him a shot. We have Craig Nall- if we draft a QB, what the **** was the point in signing him?

If Marv picks Young or Cutler, it means Marv is to QB's what Tom Donahoe was to WR's and "motor" defensive ends.

Slim
04-26-2006, 09:06 PM
I agree with you... But we arent going to take Cutler. Marv's a ****ing roadscholar he's smarter than that.

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 09:07 PM
I think its likely a smokescreen to try and draw more value for a trade.

but I woudnt be totally shocked if he took Cutler either.. Nothing surprises me with this front office and its only been a few months..

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 09:10 PM
The only way Marv takes a QB is if he's already DECIDED JP cannot be a franchise QB.. If he's already decided that then all bets are off come April 29th at noon.

Nall was signed IMO to be a number two. Holcomb is short-term whether he starts or is 3rd string...

While we all beg for JP to get a real chance, why should Marv have to WASTE a year on him and then have to start over next year with a NEW qb?

Of course,I have no clue how Marv actually feels about JP, but I havent heard many ringing endorsements from him either..... IF and this is IF he doesnt think JP will be the answer, and we all know Holcomb isnt either (at least not long term) then why not take your shot with a potential franchise QB?

Just weird **** going around OBD right now..

Slim
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
The only way Marv takes a QB is if he's already DECIDED JP cannot be a franchise QB.. If he's already decided that then all bets are off come April 29th at noon.

Nall was signed IMO to be a number two. Holcomb is short-term whether he starts or is 3rd string...

While we all beg for JP to get a real chance, why should Marv have to WASTE a year on him and then have to start over next year with a NEW qb?

Of course,I have no clue how Marv actually feels about JP, but I havent heard many ringing endorsements from him either..... IF and this is IF he doesnt think JP will be the answer, and we all know Holcomb isnt either (at least not long term) then why not take your shot with a potential franchise QB?

Just weird **** going around OBD right now..

I understand what your saying, but wait till next year to take a QB, IF J.P. doesnt pan out... Beacuse if J.P. doesnt play well this year.. Were going to be picking in the top 5 in next years draft... And we'll have a shot at someone like Brady Quinn who in my opinion is far superior to Cutler.

Help J.P. succed this year, by drafting a better supporting cast. We worry about when we need too, and right now we dont need to worry.

patmoran2006
04-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Unless we're the worst team in the NFL, we aint getting Brady Quinn.

Then again, Marv is a bad draft away in a few days from being in the Brady Quinn hunt in a big way..

We can speculate about rumors and players forever.. At the end of the day, I"d be SHOCKED if 3 of our first 4 picks arent linemen.. Whether we trade down, up or stay at 8..

LtBillsFan66
04-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't speculate on speculation.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2006, 09:55 PM
I leave the zone for 5 hours to work on a paper and go to the gym, and suddenly we're taking Cutler?

This would be the biggest waste of a pick ever. We desperately need OL and DL help, and any QB we get is going to look like **** behind our horrid OL. We used a first round pick on Losman and still haven't given him a shot. We have Craig Nall- if we draft a QB, what the **** was the point in signing him?

If Marv picks Young or Cutler, it means Marv is to QB's what Tom Donahoe was to WR's and "motor" defensive ends.
If they really don't like Losman and they have a chance to add a great(Roethisburger type) QB how is it a waste? The draft is full of Ol and Dl talent. I don't think you could call it the biggest waste ever.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I do hope they take Huff though.

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 10:00 PM
If they really don't like Losman and they have a chance to add a great(Roethisburger type) QB how is it a waste? The draft is full of Ol and Dl talent. I don't think you could call it the biggest waste ever.

It's a waste because we already have 2 unknown QB's and Cutler would be a 3rd.

It's a waste because we're desperate for help in other positions and #8 is a good spot to get it.

It's a waste because even a great QB takes a year or two to develop, so we'd be waiting instead of getting someone that can contribute now (and if he doesn't develop, it's just a complete waste).

It's a waste because until we have an OL, any QB is going to look like ****.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2006, 10:02 PM
It's a waste because we already have 2 unknown QB's and Cutler would be a 3rd.

It's a waste because we're desperate for help in other positions and #8 is a good spot to get it.

It's a waste because even a great QB takes a year or two to develop, so we'd be waiting instead of getting someone that can contribute now (and if he doesn't develop, it's just a complete waste).

It's a waste because until we have an OL, any QB is going to look like ****.
We aren't going to be good this year regardless.

If Levy/ Jauron and Co. don't like Losman then might as well make the call now.

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 10:05 PM
We aren't going to be good this year regardless.

If Levy/ Jauron and Co. don't like Losman then might as well make the call now.

A. Don't like Losman based on what? He hasn't had a real shot in a decent offensive system with an OL.

B. What was the point of bringing Nall in then? You can't develop two QB's simultaneously and we already have Holcomb as a decent (and proven) stopgap solution.

C. do you not want to be good in 07 either? That's what drafting a QB now is going to get us.

YardRat
04-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Craig Nall is going to be the starter.

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 10:06 PM

Only if Jauron and Levy really want to be in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes next year.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 10:08 PM
I do hope they take Huff though.

We aren't taking a safety. Marv and DJ both want lines. They understand football and will take a lineman in the first round.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Only if Jauron and Levy really want to be in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes next year.

LMAO how do you figure?

Nighthawk
04-26-2006, 10:10 PM
It is, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The Bills have bigger holes that must be filled first.

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 10:10 PM

Cutler = Kyle Bowler. He is over rated as hell because he has a strong arm. Played for a crap team, against crap competition and had a horrible record. Go with Brodie Croyle who did well in the top confrence in NCAA football.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-26-2006, 10:12 PM
I cant wait till monday when all this crap is over with. Then we can start worrying over next years draft on tuesday :)

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 10:12 PM
LMAO how do you figure?

Craig Nall has 30 NFL snaps. Not 30 starts. Not 30 games. Just 30 PLAYS. So, he has to gain NFL experience with our plethora of undersized receivers, a new offensive system, and a turnstyle OL. That's a recipe for a first overall draft pick right there.

Bert102176
04-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't think any of them top 3 QB's are gonna be very good

Throne Logic
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM

In regards to JP and Holcomb. I'm betting that Marv / Dick are planning to cut the loser of the starting QB battle. This eliminates the potential for last year's fiasco to carry over to this season. With the amount of space Buffalo has under the CAP, the salary CAP hit from cutting either JP or KH really doesn't hurt much. Nall is pretty much the #2. Who really cares about the #3 so long as he can carry a clip board.

I can see Marv taking Cutler, but I'm hoping this doesn't happen. I'm officially rooting for a trade down. I just don't like top 10 picks due to the lopsided risk / reward factor.

alohabillsfan
04-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Taking a QB in the first round is a 50/50 proposition! We cannot afford to be wrong, The odds for a player need to be 75-25 round 1, Marv find that guy. And ICE I would not discount the Huff pick it is a need and could be the BPA when we pick, there are alot of "quality" OL available in rounds 2 - 4.

justasportsfan
04-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Of course,I have no clue how Marv actually feels about JP, but I havent heard many ringing endorsements from him either..... Ringing endorsements would kill the smokescreen ,no?

Don't Panic
04-27-2006, 09:57 AM
In regards to JP and Holcomb. I'm betting that Marv / Dick are planning to cut the loser of the starting QB battle. This eliminates the potential for last year's fiasco to carry over to this season. With the amount of space Buffalo has under the CAP, the salary CAP hit from cutting either JP or KH really doesn't hurt much. Nall is pretty much the #2. Who really cares about the #3 so long as he can carry a clip board.

I can see Marv taking Cutler, but I'm hoping this doesn't happen. I'm officially rooting for a trade down. I just don't like top 10 picks due to the lopsided risk / reward factor.

We're not cutting JP... no chance. It doesn't make sense cap-wise or philospohically. How can you cut a 1st round draft pick from two years ago?? No way... also, I see the starting job coming down to JP or Nall. Holcomb will most likely be gone before opening day (although I could see us sticking with all 3 of these guys through the course of the year).

Kerr
04-27-2006, 10:09 AM

Bet you he won't.

Kerr
04-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Craig Nall has 30 NFL snaps. Not 30 starts. Not 30 games. Just 30 PLAYS. So, he has to gain NFL experience with our plethora of undersized receivers, a new offensive system, and a turnstyle OL. That's a recipe for a first overall draft pick right there.

Op, don't bother. For some odd reason, ICE thinks that nall is the next hassleback waiting in the wings because he was a cheese product of green bay, oh yeah and he tore nfl europe up in passing.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
To anyone who thinks Holcomb will be cut before game 1 or at all for that matter. Get off the hallucinogens.

Holcomb is the only "proven" veteran QB we have on this roster. He is all but assured a roster spot. Ever see a team that had their 3 QBs with a combined 9 games between them? I don't think so.

If we were to draft a QB come end of saturday, either JP or Nall will be cut, and if we draft a QB, JP and Nall are gonna fight to be the third stringer on this squad. Holcomb will be the 1 or 2, rookie will be the opposite. Depends on if they throw him to the wolves or not.

If the Bills don't draft a QB on Saturday look for the breakdown to be Holcomb-JP-Nall. If it's an "open-competition" as the front office suggests.

There's reality.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Unless you've seen Cutler don't tell me he's overrated. He's not. He's the best QB in the draft by far. With that said I hope the Bills don't draft him. Give Losman a chance.

ublinkwescore
04-27-2006, 10:39 AM
A. Don't like Losman based on what? He hasn't had a real shot in a decent offensive system with an OL.

B. What was the point of bringing Nall in then? You can't develop two QB's simultaneously and we already have Holcomb as a decent (and proven) stopgap solution.

C. do you not want to be good in 07 either? That's what drafting a QB now is going to get us.

That would have gotten posrep from me.

Let's worry about the line first so any qb we have behind center has a fighting chance.