I really hope this Cutler stuff is just a smokescreen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I really hope this Cutler stuff is just a smokescreen...

I leave the zone for 5 hours to work on a paper and go to the gym, and suddenly we're taking Cutler?

This would be the biggest waste of a pick ever. We desperately need OL and DL help, and any QB we get is going to look like **** behind our horrid OL. We used a first round pick on Losman and still haven't given him a shot. We have Craig Nall- if we draft a QB, what the **** was the point in signing him?

If Marv picks Young or Cutler, it means Marv is to QB's what Tom Donahoe was to WR's and "motor" defensive ends.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: I really hope this Cutler stuff is just a smokescreen...

I agree with you... But we arent going to take Cutler. Marv's a ****ing roadscholar he's smarter than that.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I think its likely a smokescreen to try and draw more value for a trade.

but I woudnt be totally shocked if he took Cutler either.. Nothing surprises me with this front office and its only been a few months..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

The only way Marv takes a QB is if he's already DECIDED JP cannot be a franchise QB.. If he's already decided that then all bets are off come April 29th at noon.

Nall was signed IMO to be a number two. Holcomb is short-term whether he starts or is 3rd string...

While we all beg for JP to get a real chance, why should Marv have to WASTE a year on him and then have to start over next year with a NEW qb?

Of course,I have no clue how Marv actually feels about JP, but I havent heard many ringing endorsements from him either..... IF and this is IF he doesnt think JP will be the answer, and we all know Holcomb isnt either (at least not long term) then why not take your shot with a potential franchise QB?

Just weird **** going around OBD right now..

Comment

• Slim
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          The only way Marv takes a QB is if he's already DECIDED JP cannot be a franchise QB.. If he's already decided that then all bets are off come April 29th at noon.

Nall was signed IMO to be a number two. Holcomb is short-term whether he starts or is 3rd string...

While we all beg for JP to get a real chance, why should Marv have to WASTE a year on him and then have to start over next year with a NEW qb?

Of course,I have no clue how Marv actually feels about JP, but I havent heard many ringing endorsements from him either..... IF and this is IF he doesnt think JP will be the answer, and we all know Holcomb isnt either (at least not long term) then why not take your shot with a potential franchise QB?

Just weird **** going around OBD right now..

I understand what your saying, but wait till next year to take a QB, IF J.P. doesnt pan out... Beacuse if J.P. doesnt play well this year.. Were going to be picking in the top 5 in next years draft... And we'll have a shot at someone like Brady Quinn who in my opinion is far superior to Cutler.

Help J.P. succed this year, by drafting a better supporting cast. We worry about when we need too, and right now we dont need to worry.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Unless we're the worst team in the NFL, we aint getting Brady Quinn.

Then again, Marv is a bad draft away in a few days from being in the Brady Quinn hunt in a big way..

We can speculate about rumors and players forever.. At the end of the day, I"d be SHOCKED if 3 of our first 4 picks arent linemen.. Whether we trade down, up or stay at 8..

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

I don't speculate on speculation.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                I leave the zone for 5 hours to work on a paper and go to the gym, and suddenly we're taking Cutler?

This would be the biggest waste of a pick ever. We desperately need OL and DL help, and any QB we get is going to look like **** behind our horrid OL. We used a first round pick on Losman and still haven't given him a shot. We have Craig Nall- if we draft a QB, what the **** was the point in signing him?

If Marv picks Young or Cutler, it means Marv is to QB's what Tom Donahoe was to WR's and "motor" defensive ends.
                If they really don't like Losman and they have a chance to add a great(Roethisburger type) QB how is it a waste? The draft is full of Ol and Dl talent. I don't think you could call it the biggest waste ever.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

I do hope they take Huff though.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    If they really don't like Losman and they have a chance to add a great(Roethisburger type) QB how is it a waste? The draft is full of Ol and Dl talent. I don't think you could call it the biggest waste ever.
                    It's a waste because we already have 2 unknown QB's and Cutler would be a 3rd.

It's a waste because we're desperate for help in other positions and #8 is a good spot to get it.

It's a waste because even a great QB takes a year or two to develop, so we'd be waiting instead of getting someone that can contribute now (and if he doesn't develop, it's just a complete waste).

It's a waste because until we have an OL, any QB is going to look like ****.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      It's a waste because we already have 2 unknown QB's and Cutler would be a 3rd.

It's a waste because we're desperate for help in other positions and #8 is a good spot to get it.

It's a waste because even a great QB takes a year or two to develop, so we'd be waiting instead of getting someone that can contribute now (and if he doesn't develop, it's just a complete waste).

It's a waste because until we have an OL, any QB is going to look like ****.
                      We aren't going to be good this year regardless.

If Levy/ Jauron and Co. don't like Losman then might as well make the call now.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

We aren't going to be good this year regardless.

If Levy/ Jauron and Co. don't like Losman then might as well make the call now.
                        A. Don't like Losman based on what? He hasn't had a real shot in a decent offensive system with an OL.

B. What was the point of bringing Nall in then? You can't develop two QB's simultaneously and we already have Holcomb as a decent (and proven) stopgap solution.

C. do you not want to be good in 07 either? That's what drafting a QB now is going to get us.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Craig Nall is going to be the starter.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                            Craig Nall is going to be the starter.
                            Only if Jauron and Levy really want to be in the Brady Quinn sweepstakes next year.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

I do hope they take Huff though.
                              We aren't taking a safety. Marv and DJ both want lines. They understand football and will take a lineman in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                              X