PDA

View Full Version : We aren't taking a QB

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 10:06 PM
ESPN is full of SH@! IF they even said that. Every expert has said everyone of these QB's will take 3-4 years to get ready to play. MAYBE 2 for lionert. So if it takes 3-4 years to develop a QB, why are we giving up on losman after a year off due to injury and 8 games in his 2nd year under a SH#$ coaching staff?

And If Marv isn't sold on Losman then ship his ass outta here so we can stop hearing / Talking about the situation. Take Brodie Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd round and move on.

All of that said, we aren't taking a QB. We will take Bunkley or move down.

Nighthawk
04-26-2006, 10:08 PM
ESPN is full of SH@! IF they even said that. Every expert has said everyone of these QB's will take 3-4 years to get ready to play. MAYBE 2 for lionert. So if it takes 3-4 years to develop a QB, why are we giving up on losman after a year off due to injury and 8 games in his 2nd year under a SH#$ coaching staff?

And If Marv isn't sold on Losman then ship his ass outta here so we can stop hearing / Talking about the situation. Take Brodie Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd round and move on.

Hey, I'm happy they're saying it. Maybe it drums up some more trading action for the Bills. Gotta look at it from that point of view...I guess!:beers:

ICE74129
04-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey, I'm happy they're saying it. Maybe it drums up some more trading action for the Bills. Gotta look at it from that point of view...I guess!:beers:

The thing is who do you take all the way down at 17? I would rather sit at #8 and take Bunkley than go down that far.

Nighthawk
04-26-2006, 10:13 PM
The thing is who do you take all the way down at 17? I would rather sit at #8 and take Bunkley than go down that far.

I'm with you on that. Seems like we could get more an impact player there, but you never know. Maybe they trade down and get...man, I really couldn't tell you...sorry!

OpIv37
04-26-2006, 10:14 PM

I hope to hell you're right.

Typ0
04-26-2006, 10:17 PM

thank you for enlightening me as to what's going on.

ICE74129
04-27-2006, 07:00 AM
I hope to hell you're right.

Ok explain this. EVERY 'Expert' seems to think Lionert = 2-3 years to develop. Young 4 Cutler 3-4.

But we are only going to give JP about 7 snaps his rookie year, then only 8 games in his 2nd with a crap coaching staff?

Someone please tell me how that can be validated? It can't. If they didn't want JP they should have shipped him already and brought in a VETERAN.

'Experts' have said that rookie QB's for some staffs are killers Ie they won't be there by the time he develops IF he ever does. This is why in light of liking Young more Tenn May take Lionert because he will be ready faster.

OpIv37
04-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Someone please tell me how that can be validated? It can't. If they didn't want JP they should have shipped him already and brought in a VETERAN.

You're preaching to the choir- I've been saying the same thing for two months.

justasportsfan
04-27-2006, 08:29 AM
ICE, if the sportscenter reported that we're interested in taking M. Williams, I doubt anyone would think we'll trade up and take that story with a grain of salt.

Cutler may very well be there at 8. It's more believable to teams that want Cutler that we may very well want Cutler. Notice how on BB.com, they have guys like MODRAK talk about the qb's in this years draft? How about our scout on NFL Network? They had him talking about the qb's too. I think it's nothing but a smokescreen.

MVP
04-27-2006, 08:34 AM
I'd move down to 11 so St. Louis can take Cutler and Ngata and Bunkley may very well still be there.

ICE74129
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
thank you for enlightening me as to what's going on.
Well I know some can use the help

R. Rich
04-27-2006, 10:29 AM

No, you're full of it. We are taking a QB, and the one we're taking is Matt Leinart.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Matt Leinart will be a Jet on draft day, unless the Titans take him. Which I see the Titans taking Young. So are we trading up to get Leinart?