PDA

View Full Version : I love this Mock Draft

MelK
02-08-2003, 11:32 AM
<h3>Searle's NFL Draft Arena</h3> (http://asearle2.tripod.com/)

Rd#2
14. Buffalo Bills - Antonio Garay - DE - Boston College
Going for sheer size and speed - the Bills find a young Bruce Smith - only bigger and faster.

Rd#3
14. Buffalo Bills - Chris Clemons - LB - Georgia
He's not his Georgia counterpart Boss Bailey by any stretch of the imagination - but the Bills get a nice pick up here that can upgrade the defense.

RD#4
14. Buffalo Bills - Gus Felder - OG - Penn State
An underrated guard from the Big Ten. Setting him up next to Mike Williams could make that Buffalo offense run very smoothly. He's a big, strong guard - not very quick, but he's a load to get around. Felder will allow plenty of time for Drew Bledsoe to pick defenses apart.

Rd#5
14. Buffalo Bills - Colin Cole - DT - Iowa
A big guy to run upfront for the Bills. Cole helped Iowa steamroll through the Big Ten. He's a quiet player - but he does his job very well - evidenced by his production this year.

Rd#6
14. Buffalo Bills - Torrie Cox - CB - Pittsburgh
Cox has shutdown capabilities but he often gambles too much. He's a human highlight film - but for every great play he makes it seems like he always allows a big play also because of his gambling tendencies.

Rd#7
14. Buffalo Bills - Chris Vance - WR - Ohio State
Quite possibly will lose Peerless Price to free agency - so they need to reload. Although Josh Reed is a very capable #2 wide receiver behind Eric Moulds - they need some depth at the wide receiver position as Charles Johnson and Andre Rone are not exactly guys to hang you hat on as the third and fourth receivers. Vance is a solid wideout with good hands who could easily excel playing the slot position.

=============================================

This would be an awesome day for the Bills if it happened.

Check out this Mock and others from around the net In the Draft Forum (http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthread.php?postid=135248)

MelK
02-08-2003, 11:33 AM
I would have Colin Cole and Clemmons flip flopped- as I think Clemmons could use anothr season in college- but a good one overall.

Earthquake Enyart
02-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Cole won't be there in round 5.

Dozerdog
02-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Yeah- Cole in Rd 3 Clemons in Rd 5

TypicalBill
02-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Rd#2
14. Buffalo Bills - Antonio Garay - DE - Boston College
Going for sheer size and speed - the Bills find a young Bruce Smith - only bigger and faster.

i highly doubt that, there arent many bruce smiths out there. Its not easy to find a bruce smith.

JefftheBillsfan
02-08-2003, 01:30 PM
....especially in the 2nd round..

Bert102176
02-08-2003, 02:35 PM
although I like them picks I would really like the Bills to draft Teyo Johnson.

clumping platelets
02-09-2003, 03:44 AM
The only reason Garay isn't going in rd 1 is because of a broken ankle suffered this past season. He's likely to move up the charts if he can prove to be healthy.

TigerJ
02-09-2003, 02:25 PM
It's not just the ankle. Garay's had several injuries and hasn't played much college ball as a result. I agree he has round one talent but teams will have to decide if these are just flukie things that aren't likely to follow him into the pros or he's just cursed somehow. Most draftniks think he'll drop below the second round because teams won't want to take a chance.

dman4
02-09-2003, 03:59 PM
I don't know too much about this guy but... I don't think he is realistic in his picks. He has Rien Long, DT, Washington St as a 3rd round pick. Most people have him as a Top 25 pick. I doubt the Outland Trophy winner would fall that far!IMHO!