PDA

View Full Version : Who will be this year's Aaron Rodgers?

lordofgun
04-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Who will be the one guy who just slides and slides while the cameras are on his face?

I've heard a few people suggest Lienart, although I think it could be Young if Tenn and the Raiders pass on him.

Predictions?

R. Rich
04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I predict a beating for the person who started this thread.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Jay Cutler.

lordofgun
04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
It's not because he's black, Rich. :shakeno:

I'm colorblind. :bf1:

lordofgun
04-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Jay Cutler.
Does anyone really expect him to go in the top several picks? I think consensus is that he won't go until after 10.

R. Rich
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
It's not because he's black, Rich. :shakeno:

I'm colorblind. :bf1:

Yeah, sure you are. I've heard otherwise.

I dislike one particular race: the human race.

MVP
04-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Bunkley, If we take Ngata many will pass on Brodrick.

Ebenezer
04-27-2006, 10:39 AM
From the QBs? I wouldn't be surprised if there is not a bona-fide franchise player in the bunch of them.

lordofgun
04-27-2006, 10:40 AM
From the QBs? I wouldn't be surprised if there is not a bona-fide franchise player in the bunch of them.
Right, but who is gonna fall several spots lower than projected?

Mr. Pink
04-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Does anyone really expect him to go in the top several picks? I think consensus is that he won't go until after 10.

Cutler won't be picked until the 20s, right where Aaron Rodgers went last year. I think teams will realize he was hyped up due to his pro day/combine and realize that he in fact was a perennial "loser" in college. Teams win-loss record clearly indicates it.

lordofgun
04-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Cutler won't be picked until the 20s, right where Aaron Rodgers went last year. I think teams will realize he was hyped up due to his pro day/combine and realize that he in fact was a perennial "loser" in college. Teams win-loss record clearly indicates it.
That definitely qualifies. I think he goes earlier though.

Ebenezer
04-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Right, but who is gonna fall several spots lower than projected?
oh...my mistake...Cutler (into the 20s) and Young (into the 10s) both fall. Leinhart will not last until the Bills pick at 8.

R. Rich
04-27-2006, 10:43 AM

The guy was stuck on a pretty sorry Vanderbilt team that plays in arguably the best conference in football, so I think that'll be taken into consideration.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2006, 10:45 AM
The guy was stuck on a pretty sorry Vanderbilt team that plays in arguably the best conference in football, so I think that'll be taken into consideration.

And he was unable to lift the play of his team around him to even "compete" in the conference, let alone win it. Which is also taken into consideration, seeing that is part of his "leadership" ability.

don137
04-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I'd be shocked if any of the QB's fall into the 20's...Cutler will not fall past 17 (Minnesota)...I could see Young fall out of the top 10.

Bulldog
04-27-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm going to say that all three of the QB's will be gone by the 10th pick. I could see a guy like Huff slipping out of the top ten.

R. Rich
04-27-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm going to say that all three of the QB's will be gone by the 10th pick. I could see a guy like Huff slipping out of the top ten.

You think that if Huff slips past 8, the Lions pass on him? For who?

Ebenezer
04-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Huff will not get past 8...the Bills would be crazy unless somebody else is also slipping.

Bulldog
04-27-2006, 11:52 AM

Ngata

Bulldog
04-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Huff will not get past 8...the Bills would be crazy unless somebody else is also slipping.

I actually think that the Bills will trade down with someone who wants one of the QB's.

hydro
04-27-2006, 11:56 AM
And he was unable to lift the play of his team around him to even "compete" in the conference, let alone win it. Which is also taken into consideration, seeing that is part of his "leadership" ability.

Are you serious? Without Cutler they would have hardly won a game. Like i heard many times on NFLN and ESPN, if Leinart was playing at Vandy they would have had like 2-3 wins rather than 6. The guys ability won them games with the lack luster talent he had around him (Especially at oline).

Bulldog
04-27-2006, 12:09 PM

Never mind. After looking at the team needs of those in the top 10, Huff is going to be drafted by the 10th pick.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Are you serious? Without Cutler they would have hardly won a game. Like i heard many times on NFLN and ESPN, if Leinart was playing at Vandy they would have had like 2-3 wins rather than 6. The guys ability won them games with the lack luster talent he had around him (Especially at oline).

That's laughable that ESPN or NFLN would say that, if they even did. I didn't hear it personally however. And considering you used the source saying they had 6 wins, when they had 5...I'd hardly consider it legit.

Some facts about Cutler. Which yes last year they went 5-6, but look at his overall record as the starter there. 2-9 in 2004, 2-10 in 2003, 2-10 in 2002. So overall he's a QB with a 12-34 lifetime record! And if you think teams don't take that into consideration, you're nuts.

Numbers wise, he completed 710 passes out of 1242 attempts for a completion percentage of 57.1%. Generally QBs who complete less than 60% of their passes in college don't tend to do very well at the NFL level. He threw 59 TDs to 36 INTs as well. Both of those numbers don't suggest that he make good decisions in the pocket or when forced to roll out. He was sacked 80 times during his collegian career and average of 20 per year. Basing that on the Commodores playing 11 games a year when he was there, that's less than twice a game. So his line obviously wasn't as "porous" as you tried to suggest. Leinart was sacked 56 times in 3 years at USC for comparison, which is almost 19 per year.

Go to any major scouting info on this guy and you'll see the reason he shot up the draft board had nothing to do with how he played on the field as a Commodore but due to his Senior Bowl performance and combine.

Pinkerton Security
04-27-2006, 12:35 PM

If you really expected Jay Cutler to lead a sorry-a$$ Vandy team to wins by himself in the best conference in football, or even compete, then you are expecting too much out of the poor guy. Theres a reason he is not the consensus number one pick. There also a reason he is the number 3 ranked QB on most people's lists: he DID lose a lot in college, but he had potential. If he had lifted his team enough to do better, he would be being touted even higher. I agree his stock may be inflated, but give the guy a break....

hydro
04-27-2006, 04:39 PM
If you really expected Jay Cutler to lead a sorry-a$$ Vandy team to wins by himself in the best conference in football, or even compete, then you are expecting too much out of the poor guy. Theres a reason he is not the consensus number one pick. There also a reason he is the number 3 ranked QB on most people's lists: he DID lose a lot in college, but he had potential. If he had lifted his team enough to do better, he would be being touted even higher. I agree his stock may be inflated, but give the guy a break....

:clap:

Overall, Leinart was destined for greatness with the team he had around him. I don't believe Vandy has to many other first round possiblities.... oh wait the only other player even on the NFL Draft Countdown position ranking from Vandy is a OLB and is a late pick. If Cutler was on USC things would have been totally different.

acehole
04-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Aaron Rodgers will be this years Aaron Rodgers.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2006, 05:47 PM
If you two, hydro and pink, really think that way. Go ahead feel sorry that Jay Cutler played for an outright bad program. Thing is he CHOSE to go there. No one forced him to do so, and he lead them to 12 wins in 4 years.

Seeing when you are the quarterback of a team you are the leader and the guy who takes the fall when the "team" does poorly. He didn't elevate the play of anyone around him and has proven himself to be a "loser." at the collegian level.

And you're right, if Cutler was on USC, USC wouldn't have won 1 national championship. Let alone back to back.

I am done with this topic now, because apparently leading your team to an average of 3 wins per season during your tenure is something to be applauded these days. Nor does any of the fault belong to him winning only 3 games a year on average.