PDA

View Full Version : Bills need a small quick HB

Buffarama
02-08-2003, 03:18 PM
The Bills need to find a sleeper in the later rounds in the draft and take a small quick HB. We need more speed than we have on offense, and we need someone to complement Henry and throw the defense off with some change of pace.

Romes
02-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Henry is only 5'9'' how much smaller do you want the RB to be?We have so many weapons on our offense that a 2nd RB would hardly get any touches. I think we are very well off in our RB situation.

The Natrix
02-08-2003, 04:15 PM
That makes no sense. I don't think the bills need to pick up another RB, but if they did, I would want him to be a Bettis, Alstott etc. type.

The Natrix
02-08-2003, 04:17 PM
I thought Henry looked faster towards the end of the season, Moulds has good speed and Peerless is scary fast.

Tatonka
02-08-2003, 04:44 PM
drew is scary fast too!

The Natrix
02-08-2003, 04:55 PM
hey, at least his passes are fast!

Akhippo
02-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Agreed how much smaller can our backs get? It would be nice to get a banger for short yardage. The only other thing I would want is a fast TE and for Drew to be a little more nimble, Im not asking for Vick speed, but maybe along the lines of Gannon quicks.

WG
02-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
drew is scary fast too!

LOL T!!

He burns a mean 6.4 in the 40, eh... :D

TigerJ
02-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Henry is 5'9" but he weighs about 220. He is pretty fast. Morris is around 6' and weighs 225. Joe Burns is about as tall (or short) as Henry and weighs close to the same though he's MUCH slower in the 40. He does have good balance and runs with determination. Demond Parker, whom the Bills recently signed as a free agent, does fit the bill of a small, light, lightning fast scatback if he can control a reputed fumbling problem. I think when he played for the Packers a while back he had a very high YPC with limited playing time. If he makes the team I think he might be the fastest player, even faster than Bryson who from all appearances seems to have worn out his welcome. He's probably as good as anything the Bills can pick up in the later rounds. Who makes the team will depend on what mix of players the Bills want. I would not draft a HB.

Doc
02-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Ken Simonton could the small, quick, HB the Bills are looking for, but that's a big "could."

Mr. Miyagi
02-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
That makes no sense. I don't think the bills need to pick up another RB, but if they did, I would want him to be a Bettis, Alstott etc. type.
Ala a certain Antowain Smith???

Buffarama
02-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Geez OK. I didn't mean he had to be SMALLER than Henry. He needs to be faster. You mean to tell me none of you think we could use speed at the HB position?
Sometimes I feel like the AFLAC duck here.

Akhippo
02-08-2003, 10:11 PM
I would like someone with the quicks of say Charlie Garner. It may be just me, but everytime I saw him he blew through holes. And he also fits the height requirement mentioned.

colin
02-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama
The Bills need to find a sleeper in the later rounds in the draft and take a small quick HB. We need more speed than we have on offense, and we need someone to complement Henry and throw the defense off with some change of pace.

Cool people call guys like this a "Third Down Back".

4thAndLong
02-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Henry is an everydown back...

Henry is a great back, we dont need someone to compliment him, thats what the Drew and Moulds are for.

Getting a quick back to do this would just take carries away from Henry, something that we should only do if his fumbles continue, but that wouldn't be with a late-round rookie...

Cntrygal
02-09-2003, 09:41 AM
You mean to tell me none of you think we could use speed at the HB position?

At least they are answering you. :D

Sometimes I feel like the AFLAC duck here.

:lol:

Jeff 311
02-09-2003, 10:16 AM
that would be a nice backfield if in the later rounds we can get a small fast change of pace from Henry back. But D is a farr bigger concern.

Sennsai
02-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Ken Simonton is a small, quick back that could fill the role that you are looking for. He could also be back there for kickoff returns as well. Have 2 guys back there with speed.

As for someone the bills should draft.... 4th round and on....

FB- Casey Moore of Stanford. Bruising FB that actually can run and run quite well and he has decent hands for a FB. His blocking isn't a problem either. I think he will be a stud FB in the NFL, more like Alstott, watch and see.

Bert102176
02-09-2003, 01:51 PM
I say you are crazy, however we do need a backup say Mcgahee or however you spell it if he slips to round 4

Bert102176
02-09-2003, 01:53 PM
I alsop like Casey Moore as Sennsai mentioned.

TigerJ
02-09-2003, 01:59 PM
If Buffalo fills their defensive and other needs in free agency and early in the draft and a talented back, big or small were to drop I wouldn't mind Buffalo picking him, But I doubt Buffalo will get anything much better on day two of the draft than Parker or Simonton as a small back. I don't know anything about Moore. If he's as good as some of you say, won't he go higher?

The Natrix
02-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Ala a certain Antowain Smith???

Is he a FA?

If so, I think there is a better chance that the Bills bring in RJ to back up Bledsoe than there is of AS backing up Henry. :scared: