PDA

View Full Version : 5 things I will LOVE about draft day!

X-Era
04-27-2006, 06:53 PM
1) The Jets taking Matt Leinhart and him ending up being the next Pennington with no supporting cast and a weak deep ball.

2) SF taking Vernon Davis and him ending up winning rookie of the year under Alex Smith when hes stuck going underneath

3) The Bills moving. I dont know if its up or down, but they are moving on draft day, Im sure of it.

4) Tennessee taking Vince Young as the number one QB taken and the next Akili Smith

5) Teams trading and moving all over and NO ONE being able to pin down the top 10 picks.

billsburgh
04-27-2006, 11:53 PM
wouldnt it be funny watching Leinhart trying to throw in a WINDY Ralph in november or december?

LifetimeBillsFan
04-28-2006, 01:44 AM
I remember seeing Joe Namath throw a deep ball into the wind at the Ralph on a very windy day (can't remember the year, but it was the early-to-mid 1970s) that went about 30-35 yards downfield, stopped and was blown about 10-12 back towards the line of scrimmage before it landed. It was soooo funny to see. I can just imagine what would happen if Leinart tried something like that on a similarly windy day at the Ralph. He might not be able to get a 10 yard out route to the sidelines to a receiver.... :roflmao:

billsburgh
04-28-2006, 02:20 AM
that reminds me of a patsies game at the Ralph probably about 6 or 7 years ago. Viniateri was attempting a field goal into the wind, not a very long one, about 35 or 40 yards I think. after he kicked it, it went about 20 yards and looked like it hit wall and dropped straight down.