PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Trade & Possible Picks there

patmoran2006
04-27-2006, 07:27 PM
For the sake of discussion, lets say that indeed the Buffalo Bills and Chicago Bears made a draft day trade.. Buffalo got the 26th pick in the draft in exchange for Buffalo's second rounder and one of their thirds (70).

It makes sense for both teams, I think it does anyway.

Here is a REALISTIC look at some players in some positions that could possibly be there at the 26th pick. Naturally, who they would take would also depend on whom they took at 8..

But at Pick 26, here are a list of some players.. Some WILL be there, some should be there, and some "might" be there.. I'm trying to keep this realistic and approximate to late first-round value.

Tackles
Eric Winston
(Makes sense doesnt it, especially if Bunkley is picked at 8)

Interior Linemen
Davin Joseph and Nick Mangold.
(Joseph could be Villarial's "sooner than later" replacement at guard. Mangold is a f'n beast, but we have two centers in fowler and preston)

Tight Ends
Marcedes Lewis and Anthony Fasano and Leonard Pope
(If it's not V Davis at 8 I would be disgusted if the Bills took a TE on day one)

RB & WR
Who cares in round one.

DT
Claude Wroten and Gabe Watson
(Both could be late first round talent, but would likely be a reach this high.. I think one of these guys could defintely picked at 26 however, IF the Bills first draft pick is NOT a DT (Bunkley or Ngata).. If they were to take DAvis or say Huff, and make this trade, they wouldnt pick again until round three and to project a rookie starter in round three is a f'n reach.. That would severly hurt our front four.)

DE
Kiwi and Manny Lawson.
(Kiwi was manhandled by Brick at Senior Bowl and his stock has dropped a lot. However, He has a lot of physical skills and I was reading about how FReeney was manhandled the same way by Bryant McKinnie at senior bowl and turned out fine now didnt he? Manny Lawson I been reading is projected to a 3-4 defense but now I"m hearing he's more than good enough to play the end in the 4-3 as well. I also think he's probably going to be gone.. No matter what, JAURON WILL address this sorry front four.)

Linebacker
Bobby Carpenter
(And I dont think they go LB in round one unless its Hawk, period)

Corner
(I dont care, they're not drafting a CB in round one)

Safety
Daniel Bullocks
(Bing is the cliche pick, but he's the anti cover two safety. Bullocks is a late first round talent and I love this dude. Jimmy Williams could be here as well but he'd really have to fall.. Jason Allen and Donte Whitner are 99% sure to be gone).

SUMMARY:
It depends on what the Bills do at 8.. If they take Bunkley or Ngata first pick, then it opens up a lot of doors for the 26th pick..

However, if they DONT take a DT at 8 and instead take a V Davis or M Huff or even (gulp) Cutler (or ANYONE not a DT for that matter) then they almost HAVE to draft watson or wroten at 26 with no second rounder.

There are many things the bills HOPE to come out of better after this draft.. BUT there is ONE thing they MUST come out BETTER or its going to be a long, long lonnnnnnnnnng year.

THEY have to BE BETTER in the FRONT FOUR defensively.

So its either Bunk or Ngata first. OR DONT trade up with CHicago and draft a good DT in round two..

DT position is two rounds deep in starting talent, but you cant expect a starter in round three.

Personally in this Chicago trade scenario. I'd LOVE to see us take BUnkley first and either Kiwi/Manny Lawson at 26..

I'd ALSO take the best DT in round three as well, and have great front four depth.

Tutan Reyes signing was BIG for our OL, you'll have to see that for yourself I suppose.. But I can live with Gandy-Reyes-Fowler-Villarial-Peters for 2006 if it means improving our front four with two starting-quality rookies.

patmoran2006
04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
The more I think about it. Can you imagine how nasty our DT's would be if we had Tripplett, Bunkley AND Claude Wroten?

Sportsuser101
04-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Wouldn't be suprised at all if we drafted a CB in round 1.

patmoran2006
04-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Wouldn't be suprised at all if we drafted a CB in round 1.

WHY? are you kidding me?

That would ONLY be addition by subtraction? DOnt you want to see this team IMPROVE?

CB is one of the VERY few spots we DONT NEED help.. Clements and McGee is a top-seven CB tandem.. King and GReer are underated as backups.

Why draft a CB in round one?

Slim
04-27-2006, 08:12 PM
WHY? are you kidding me?

That would ONLY be addition by subtraction? DOnt you want to see this team IMPROVE?

CB is one of the VERY few spots we DONT NEED help.. Clements and McGee is a top-seven CB tandem.. King and GReer are underated as backups.

Why draft a CB in round one?

Beacuse it seems as if Clements wont be here to much longer.

Bmax
04-27-2006, 08:47 PM
I BET WROTEN IS NOT EVEN ON THE BILLS DRAFT BOARD...

BMAX

The Quebecer
04-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Going along with the scenario that we trade with Chicago (26 (700) for 42+73
(705)... I don't feel good about not having a 2nd round pick... so, here is another scenario involving PHI :

BUF gets : 14 (1100) + 45 (450) = 1550
PHI gets : 8 (1400) + 105 (84) + 134 (39) = 1523

At this point BUF has : 14, 26, 45, 70
@14: Eric Winston, OT
@26: Davin Joseph, OG
@45: John McCargo, DT
@70: Rod Wright, DT

That way, we adress the lines on day 1, and look for sleepers on day 2 with picks 143, 178, 216, 248.

clumping platelets
04-27-2006, 10:16 PM

BMAX

:bf1:

clumping platelets
04-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Roger McIntosh :ontome:

mysticsoto
04-28-2006, 12:38 PM

BMAX

That's possible. Either Mike Mayock or Mel Kiper was reporting the other days that Wroten has some serious character issues and that those same issues could possibly drop him to a 3rd rd pick!!! They spoke very negatively of him...

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Going along with the scenario that we trade with Chicago (26 (700) for 42+73
(705)... I don't feel good about not having a 2nd round pick... so, here is another scenario involving PHI :

BUF gets : 14 (1100) + 45 (450) = 1550
PHI gets : 8 (1400) + 105 (84) + 134 (39) = 1523

At this point BUF has : 14, 26, 45, 70
@14: Eric Winston, OT
@26: Davin Joseph, OG
@45: John McCargo, DT
@70: Rod Wright, DT

That way, we adress the lines on day 1, and look for sleepers on day 2 with picks 143, 178, 216, 248.

We would never draft 4 lineman in a row...

HAMMER
04-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Wroten? Shouldn't even be mentioned, would never happen.