PDA

View Full Version : The Sabres Problems Thread

SkateZilla
02-08-2003, 10:04 PM
having A Good Januarry and Ending 1 whole month at .700 Hockey.

Beating our past 3 montsh average of like .200

1 Problem i Noticed which is the main one is IN Consistan Goaltending.

Miller was good for a few games now hes letting in soft shots. same with biron.. we neeed to trade and get a veteran goaltender!! .

Defense the 2 Games i Saw in Full on TV .. The Defense was just Plain Crap!. No one was on the assigned man ... no one was doing anything to stop shooters from entering the zone and cracking off a shot...

Offense.. well this problem is sorta on and off ...

If our Goaltending and defensive problems are Fixed we could start winning alot more game and be a CUP Contender next year.

Despite 11 Points from Play offs... we MAY*** have a chance at making things interesting..

last year we ended 32-32-10-0 and Mearly Missed the playoffs.
the 1999 Year when we made the East. Conference Finals it was because of our defense/Goal tending. We Had the #1 Penalty Killing and Defense...

I think some of the players we brought up from Rochester made the difference in january and as soon as Max and Hecht came back we sent them back down and our defense turned to mush again.

4 Goals in 15 SHOts in 3 of our last 4 games and most fo the goals were defensive errors.

You Cant blame the goalies all the time.

We should bring up the rochester players and send the sabres down to rochester. Noronen pitched a few shutouts (Finally.. after going winnless in the 1st 11 after being sent down Dec 31st)

Like alot of announcers say.. WE ARE A DEFENSIVE TEAM.. So why not act like one and get some veteran goalie and get the defense working again.

Im A Big Sabres Fan I even wear the jersey out to local AHL Games and Get laughed at....

But this season is Just Ridiculous, Al Least Finish 4 Spots form the Bottom.. But No... We Pull ahead of Atlanta and gain on the rest and we start losing 4 or 5 in a row again..
like i said.
Lindy Ruff's Contract expires in 3 months. I Personally think its time to give him the boot...
Look what a new Coach did to atlanta..

Novacane
02-08-2003, 10:40 PM
First off they need to settle the ownership problem. Darcy won't do anything to improve the team until we get a new owner. The players don't give a damn because managment does'nt.

Ruff will go elsewhere next season. He needs a change and so do the players. I think they have tuned him out. Hopefully Darcy will get the boot from a new owner. I never liked him.

We also have to many soft players on this team.

SABuffalo786
02-09-2003, 12:36 AM
Regir should have been publicly executed after the Peca trade.

:rocket:

chubluv
02-09-2003, 12:36 AM
Lindy is gone. when he leaves he is going to columbus to coach the blue jackets... nobody will get traded until the ownership thing is taken care of.........

kgun12
02-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Arthr Erbe (sp) was put on wavier I think he would make a nice back-up. Took carolina to the finals. Than we trade Mika if there is any interest and send Miller down for more seasoning.