PDA

View Full Version : For the last time, JUST SAY NO TO QB AT #8!!!!

OpIv37
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
I've said this before but some people don't seem to get it. Leinart, Young, or Cutler- I don't care- they are all bad picks for the following reasons:

1. A QB will not contribute right away, whereas anyone else we take at #8 will.
2. No draft pick is a definite, but QB is the biggest gamble.
3. We have 2 young unproven QB's in Nall and Losman- these guys should get a legit shot before another one is thrown into the mix (and if we draft a QB, what was the point in signing Nall at all?)
4. Our OL is improving but will take time to gel- we won't know what we have at QB until we get a good OL, and any drafted QB would just get killed.

In addition, Leinart looked sub-par on the few occasions he faced real competition (which he will face every week in the NFL). Young has an odd throwing motion and is that type of QB that scouts drool over but rarely succeeds, and Cutler played in a small program that didn't run an NFL style offense.

Taking someone like Croyle later in the draft makes some sense (but still confuses the QB issue so I don't think it's wise). Using the #8 on a QB is just plain dumb.

justasportsfan
04-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Why not? I was hoping we'd use that 8th to draft Vick.

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 09:04 AM
I've said this before but some people don't seem to get it. Leinart, Young, or Cutler- I don't care- they are all bad picks for the following reasons:

1. A QB will not contribute right away, whereas anyone else we take at #8 will.
2. No draft pick is a definite, but QB is the biggest gamble.
3. We have 2 young unproven QB's in Nall and Losman- these guys should get a legit shot before another one is thrown into the mix (and if we draft a QB, what was the point in signing Nall at all?)
4. Our OL is improving but will take time to gel- we won't know what we have at QB until we get a good OL, and any drafted QB would just get killed.

In addition, Leinart looked sub-par on the few occasions he faced real competition (which he will face every week in the NFL). Young has an odd throwing motion and is that type of QB that scouts drool over but rarely succeeds, and Cutler played in a small program that didn't run an NFL style offense.

Taking someone like Croyle later in the draft makes some sense (but still confuses the QB issue so I don't think it's wise). Using the #8 on a QB is just plain dumb.

I can't see the scenario that would have us picking a QB at 8, it just wouldn't make sense. They're not stupid...

Michael82
04-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Good thread, Op! :bf1:

We have tons of other needs than to waste our pick on ANOTHER QB. :mad: