PDA

View Full Version : March Marv Bashers

BigGabes23
04-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Marv Levy was BASHED on this board for about 6 weeks strait for not addressing any needs. With a solid draft, here is what he has done:

(Marv has Done Nothing to Addreess the D Line)

DT Triplette
DT Bucnkley (draft)

(Marv has done nothing with the O-line)

LT Winston (draft trade)
LG Reyes
C Fowler
RG Verili
RT Peters

Depth Gandy, preston, Anderson

Added Price, Davis, and Reed to compete for #2 WR Job
Added Solid TE

All of this was done while remaining in GREAT cap position.
If Mcgahee and Clements can be signed Long term, I will say that they have had one of the best off-seasons in a VERY LONG TIME...

OpIv37
04-28-2006, 09:44 AM
First, you're giving Marv credit for draft stuff that hasn't happened yet, so let's wait and see on that.

Second, Marv made steps to address the OL and DL- the OL is getting there and could possibly be adequate this season. The DL still only has one starting DT and will get owned this year if Marv doesn't do something..

Third, Marv still gave stupid contracts to Reed and Denney. You could argue that Price's contract is stupid, too, but it's back-loaded so if he fails again we won't have to give him much.

Bottom line: he's improving- I feel better about him than I did a month ago- but I'm still not completely convinced.

BlackMetalNinja
04-28-2006, 09:48 AM
First, you're giving Marv credit for draft stuff that hasn't happened yet, so let's wait and see on that.

Second, Marv made steps to address the OL and DL- the OL is getting there and could possibly be adequate this season. The DL still only has one starting DT and will get owned this year if Marv doesn't do something..

Third, Marv still gave stupid contracts to Reed and Denney. You could argue that Price's contract is stupid, too, but it's back-loaded so if he fails again we won't have to give him much.

Bottom line: he's improving- I feel better about him than I did a month ago- but I'm still not completely convinced.

I agree completely... and how the hell do you give the man credit for things you have no way of knowing are going to happen???

I am still not convinced our problems are solved at all, but we've at least made a little progress and certainly have the potential to make some more this weekend, but let's not count chickens before the eggs hatch.

justasportsfan
04-28-2006, 09:54 AM
whether Marv addresses the lines via draft or FA, none of it matters until we start winning. It's all about the wins. So stop bashing or giving him props.