PDA

View Full Version : The Case for Huff

Don't Panic
04-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Seeing that we are running a Cover 2, it seems to me like we can afford to have above average CBs and get by. Seeing that the Clements situation shows no sign of improving (or that he's a good fit for this defense cost-wise), we may be in a position to trade him now, possibly for a low 1st/high 2nd. Seeing that Vincent has corner experience, we may be able to utilize him more properly at that position. Seeing that we need a stud in the deep defensive backfield and that both Ngata and Bunkley seem to be a reach at #8 (as do any OTs or OGs), maybe we should seriously consider drafting Huff if we stay at the #8 pick.

I feel really good about the DTs available at #42 and the OTs and OGs at #70 and #73. This means we have to bank on our Eric King a bit more, but I think he's ready for it. To me, this would be the most efficient way to address our needs while instantly making us an improved team.

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Seeing that we are running a Cover 2, it seems to me like we can afford to have above average CBs and get by. Seeing that the Clements situation shows no sign of improving (or that he's a good fit for this defense cost-wise), we may be in a position to trade him now, possibly for a low 1st/high 2nd. Seeing that Vincent has corner experience, we may be able to utilize him more properly at that position. Seeing that we need a stud in the deep defensive backfield and that both Ngata and Bunkley seem to be a reach at #8 (as do any OTs or OGs), maybe we should seriously consider drafting Huff if we stay at the #8 pick.

I feel really good about the DTs available at #42 and the OTs and OGs at #70 and #73. This means we have to bank on our Eric King a bit more, but I think he's ready for it. To me, this would be the most efficient way to address our needs while instantly making us an improved team.

Yea! Draft Huff!
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/wz32lqv0.jpg

Don't Panic
04-28-2006, 10:53 AM
That's the one that did it for me. The guy is sick... a rarity in talent.

casdhf
04-28-2006, 10:53 AM
I agree 100% before reading it. Huff to Buff. He can't be any worse than the last guy we took from Texans in the top 10.

casdhf
04-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Marve has taken safties in the first before ... Henry Jones comes to mind.

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=67&url_subchannel_id=&url_article_id=2979&change_well_id=2

http://www.texassports.com/image_lib/young_huff_awards_300.jpg
Vince Young (left) with the Maxwell Award and Michael Huff with the Jim Thorpe Award

Huff recorded 97 tackles -- nine for losses -- during the 2005 season. He owns UT records for career interceptions returned for touchdowns (four) and most touchdowns scored by a defensive back (five).

"Michael is the smartest player I've ever coached," co-defensive coordinator Duane Akina told the Dallas Morning News.

ICE74129
04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
the only way I am on board with huff is if we trade clements

Kerr
04-28-2006, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't be upset if we drafted huff.

DraftBoy
04-28-2006, 11:14 AM
I would happily deal Clements for a 1st and a later pick, but Levy has stated he sees Huff as a S. So we still have a CB hole unless we plan to let King, Greer step up or move Vincent back bc there is less man coverage required in a cover 2.

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 11:27 AM
I would happily deal Clements for a 1st and a later pick, but Levy has stated he sees Huff as a S. So we still have a CB hole unless we plan to let King, Greer step up or move Vincent back bc there is less man coverage required in a cover 2.

There are still unsigned CB's...Ty Law, Ahmed Plummer...

DraftBoy
04-28-2006, 11:38 AM
There are still unsigned CB's...Ty Law, Ahmed Plummer...

Id be happy to sign one of those and make this happen, Im just pointing out that if we draft Huff he will be a S not a CB.

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Id be happy to sign one of those and make this happen, Im just pointing out that if we draft Huff he will be a S not a CB.

Well we did cut Milloy, and if we were to trade Clements for a late 1st we can draft a CB rather than sign a vet...

Sportsuser101
04-28-2006, 01:15 PM
I have actually grown to like Huff more and more. I think Cromartie is the best corner in the draft but I think Huff would be best for us.

Night Train
04-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Huff would be a great pick. We could still get a DT and OL on Day 1.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 01:26 PM
I would certainly NOT trade Clements and draft a DB to take HIS spot.

That's nothing more than addition by subtraction.

That improves the Bills how?

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 01:51 PM

Clements wants out...What's the good in forcing him to play for us, basically? We might as well get someone that wants to be a Bill...

ICE74129
04-28-2006, 01:51 PM

Another stupid post.

Clements isn't going to re sign with us. After woodson got that stupid contract this week, there is just no way. He knows he is better and more healthy and younger than Woodson and will demand as much if not more than what Wood got...but with more up front money.

This is not the year to compete. It is the year to fill in and find out what you need this next offseason to get over the hump. Trade clements, free up over 7 mill in immediate cap room. Draft his replacement and let him get 16 games of experience this year. Go into next year ready to roll in Free agency.

ICE74129
04-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Clements wants out...What's the good in forcing him to play for us basically? We might as well get someone that wants to be a Bill...

And we free up over 7 mill in cap room, and we get his replacement a ton of on field experience.

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
And we free up over 7 mill in cap room, and we get his replacement a ton of on field experience.

Agreed...

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 02:11 PM

And are you Nate's Agent? Have you HEARD Nate Clements say "HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE BUFFALO BILLS?"

Or are you going to FABRICATE ANOTHER direct quote from a Buffalo Bills player or coach?

He's getting paid over $7 million EINSTEIN, he either plays for the Buffalo Bills or he gets NOTHING..

ICE74129
04-28-2006, 03:14 PM
And are you Nate's Agent? Have you HEARD Nate Clements say "HE DOES NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE BUFFALO BILLS?"

Or are you going to FABRICATE ANOTHER direct quote from a Buffalo Bills player or coach?

He's getting paid over $7 million EINSTEIN, he either plays for the Buffalo Bills or he gets NOTHING..

LMAO We will see pattie...

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 03:26 PM
I have yet to hear a word come out of Nate Clements mouth suggesting that he doesnt want to be a Buffalo Bill anymore.

Don't Panic
04-29-2006, 09:25 AM
I have yet to hear a word come out of Nate Clements mouth suggesting that he doesnt want to be a Buffalo Bill anymore.
And I haven't seen him sign a contract, either. It is perfectly natural to think he doesn't want to be hear next. Specualtive? Sure... but based on good info. Besides... he does not make sense for this defense. That's the bottom line of this thread.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Why does Nate Clements NOT make sense for this defense? You have baffled me!

BTW, This has nothing to do with Huff in my book.. I am an advocate of taking Huff before Ngata or Bunkley. I also have Huff on my mock draft.

Don't Panic
04-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Why does Nate Clements NOT make sense for this defense? You have baffled me!

BTW, This has nothing to do with Huff in my book.. I am an advocate of taking Huff before Ngata or Bunkley. I also have Huff on my mock draft.

Clements is going to be an $8 million a year corner... that is a waste in a Cover 2. I know you like Huff, but we definitely don't see eye to eye on Clements.