PDA

View Full Version : I say the Bills are torn on what to do

ICE74129
04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I think it is Bunkley they really want, but the trade offers are going to be good allowing us to get more players.

Reyes signing helped, but I still want spencer in the 3rd to try and take Villarials spot next year.

If the offers are too low down the list that they lose out on both Bunkley and Ngata, I think they stay put. If so I would like to see the following...

Bunkley
Bing
Spencer
McNeil, Whitworth or College. Rounds 4-7 depth.

Saratoga Slim
04-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I think it is Bunkley they really want, but the trade offers are going to be good allowing us to get more players.

Reyes signing helped, but I still want spencer in the 3rd to try and take Villarials spot next year.

If the offers are too low down the list that they lose out on both Bunkley and Ngata, I think they stay put. If so I would like to see the following...

Bunkley
Bing
Spencer
McNeil, Whitworth or College. Rounds 4-7 depth.

Assuming that Brick/Hawk/Davis are off the board, I really want to take a DT right off the bat, whether its Bunkley or Ngata. Taking a DT immediately fills our biggest need.

And you're right, with Reyes, LG is not as big an issue, but it is still one we need to address. so I agree that Spencer in the 3rd round is perfect: he has huge upside as a guard, but needs a little time to develop. with Reyes and Villarial as starters, Spencer can get worked into the starting lineup slowly.

For the second round and 3(B) pick, I also agree that we should take a Safety and a LT. I'd say go with the BPA at either Safety/LT in the Second, and then take the other position in the 3(b)

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Assuming that Brick/Hawk/Davis are off the board, I really want to take a DT right off the bat, whether its Bunkley or Ngata. Taking a DT immediately fills our biggest need.

And you're right, with Reyes, LG is not as big an issue, but it is still one we need to address. so I agree that Spencer in the 3rd round is perfect: he has huge upside as a guard, but needs a little time to develop. with Reyes and Villarial as starters, Spencer can get worked into the starting lineup slowly.

For the second round and 3(B) pick, I also agree that we should take a Safety and a LT. I'd say go with the BPA at either Safety/LT in the Second, and then take the other position in the 3(b)
Well said, VERY well said, especially about Spencer.

With Reyes on board, they could draft Spencer and not have to force-feed him into a starting spot from day one.. He could learn behind Villarrial for one year, and they after 2006 we can get rid of that old, broken down hack.. A year of seasoning should do him wonders.. He sure as hell has all the physical tools. Suddenly,t his line actually has some depth.. NOt sure how good the starters will be yet (Reyes and Fowler) but they got much better depth than last year.

And I think its Bunkley first overall too... But NOT if Brick/Davis or Hawk are on the board.. If there is a run of QBS early and ANY of those three fall to use, we will take them before Bunkley.. and I still think they will try to trade down if that happens and get Bunkley. But if they are STUCK at 8, it will be Huff before Bunkley, and I woudlnt be shocked to death if it was Cutler either..