PDA

View Full Version : Huff or Bunkley

mikemac2001
04-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Say all the top guys are gone and huff is there at 8 do we take him or go with bunkley i could go either way, not sold on bunkley but a DT will help upfront and keep bodies off the lb's

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm not sold enough on Bunkley either, definitely HUFF!

Sportsuser101
04-28-2006, 05:00 PM
1 Ngata 2 Huff..... Bunkley a distant pick.

Turf
04-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I thought the idea was to devise a system around the players you have. So we're going to pass up on a better DT talent wise (Ngata) because we can't figure out how to use him?
Sounds kinda wrong to me.

Jersey1031
04-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I can honestly say, I absolutely don't want Ngata, and will be mad if we do so...

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 05:15 PM
I PERSONALLY would take Huff, because I think he's going to be a Pro Bowl safety.

If the Bills are in this situation, where it comes down to Huff or Bunkley, I think they'll try to trade down first to a spot they can Bunkley lower.. If they can't, then I think they'll take Huff.

There is pretty good depth at both these positions.

Sportsuser101
04-28-2006, 05:44 PM
How can you not like Ngata? He is an absolute stud.

Kerr
04-28-2006, 05:46 PM
This is the thing-Huff is in a class of his own, and the draft is kind of deep in defensive tackles. They could draft huff and address dt in the lower 1st(barring a trade with chicago) or in the 2nd. In the third I'd take a left tackle and a defensive end.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 05:48 PM
This is the thing-Huff is in a class of his own, and the draft is kind of deep in defensive tackles. They could draft huff and address dt in the lower 1st(barring a trade with chicago) or in the 2nd. In the third I'd take a left tackle and a defensive end.
I hear that.. At least the Huff part.

I got Huff in my final mock at 8, and I think the bills take him.. If they keep the pick.

Sportsuser101
04-28-2006, 05:50 PM

This is the deepest class of defensive backs I've ever seen. Huff is great and I've warmed to the idea of taking him especially over Bunkley but I don't think depth at DT is very strong at all.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 05:53 PM
I do.. the Problem is two first round "talents" have character issues: Gabe Watson and Claude Wroten.. both could be dominant DT's in this league; but the question is do you take the risk when its possible they are going to get themselves into some **** once they have millions.

Wright (Texas) is another really good DT.. As is Dusty Dvoracek, who also would instantly become the team drunk ( dont know how many of ya'll know the Dvoracek tales) The kid (Lewis) from VT is another one, and Orien Harris from Miami has a lot of potential. Some people are real high on McCargo (NC State) as well.

Kerr
04-28-2006, 05:55 PM
I like Orien Harris. Every year he's improved at UM. I think he'd make a good fit right next to Trips.

Kerr
04-28-2006, 05:58 PM
I also think there's a pretty good group of tackles that well last well into the 4th round, but I still would take Orien Harris or even McCargo if he's there.

Sportsuser101
04-28-2006, 06:00 PM
I do.. the Problem is two first round "talents" have character issues: Gabe Watson and Claude Wroten.. both could be dominant DT's in this league; but the question is do you take the risk when its possible they are going to get themselves into some **** once they have millions.

Wright (Texas) is another really good DT.. As is Dusty Dvoracek, who also would instantly become the team drunk ( dont know how many of ya'll know the Dvoracek tales) The kid (Lewis) from VT is another one, and Orien Harris from Miami has a lot of potential. Some people are real high on McCargo (NC State) as well.

Both Watson and Wrotens biggest issues are inconsistant play. They both can be dominant at times and then 1 guy you don't hear their names. There is some talent at DT which there always is at every position but I don't see it as being deep. I think Bunkley is a fringe 1st round pick but I do think Ngata is a top 5 pick.