• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Huff or Bunkley

Say all the top guys are gone and huff is there at 8 do we take him or go with bunkley i could go either way, not sold on bunkley but a DT will help upfront and keep bodies off the lb's

MUCK
    FIAMI
  • Jersey1031
    • Feb 2003

Re: Huff or Bunkley

I'm not sold enough on Bunkley either, definitely HUFF!
    "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Sportsuser101
      • Feb 2005

1 Ngata 2 Huff..... Bunkley a distant pick.
      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

I thought the idea was to devise a system around the players you have. So we're going to pass up on a better DT talent wise (Ngata) because we can't figure out how to use him?
        Sounds kinda wrong to me.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Jersey1031
          • Feb 2003

I can honestly say, I absolutely don't want Ngata, and will be mad if we do so...
          "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I PERSONALLY would take Huff, because I think he's going to be a Pro Bowl safety.

If the Bills are in this situation, where it comes down to Huff or Bunkley, I think they'll try to trade down first to a spot they can Bunkley lower.. If they can't, then I think they'll take Huff.

There is pretty good depth at both these positions.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

How can you not like Ngata? He is an absolute stud.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Kerr
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Feb 2005

This is the thing-Huff is in a class of his own, and the draft is kind of deep in defensive tackles. They could draft huff and address dt in the lower 1st(barring a trade with chicago) or in the 2nd. In the third I'd take a left tackle and a defensive end.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                  This is the thing-Huff is in a class of his own, and the draft is kind of deep in defensive tackles. They could draft huff and address dt in the lower 1st(barring a trade with chicago) or in the 2nd. In the third I'd take a left tackle and a defensive end.
                  I hear that.. At least the Huff part.

I got Huff in my final mock at 8, and I think the bills take him.. If they keep the pick.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                    This is the deepest class of defensive backs I've ever seen. Huff is great and I've warmed to the idea of taking him especially over Bunkley but I don't think depth at DT is very strong at all.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

I do.. the Problem is two first round "talents" have character issues: Gabe Watson and Claude Wroten.. both could be dominant DT's in this league; but the question is do you take the risk when its possible they are going to get themselves into some **** once they have millions.

Wright (Texas) is another really good DT.. As is Dusty Dvoracek, who also would instantly become the team drunk ( dont know how many of ya'll know the Dvoracek tales) The kid (Lewis) from VT is another one, and Orien Harris from Miami has a lot of potential. Some people are real high on McCargo (NC State) as well.

Comment

• Kerr
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

I like Orien Harris. Every year he's improved at UM. I think he'd make a good fit right next to Trips.

Comment

• Kerr
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

I also think there's a pretty good group of tackles that well last well into the 4th round, but I still would take Orien Harris or even McCargo if he's there.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            I do.. the Problem is two first round "talents" have character issues: Gabe Watson and Claude Wroten.. both could be dominant DT's in this league; but the question is do you take the risk when its possible they are going to get themselves into some **** once they have millions.

Wright (Texas) is another really good DT.. As is Dusty Dvoracek, who also would instantly become the team drunk ( dont know how many of ya'll know the Dvoracek tales) The kid (Lewis) from VT is another one, and Orien Harris from Miami has a lot of potential. Some people are real high on McCargo (NC State) as well.
                            Both Watson and Wrotens biggest issues are inconsistant play. They both can be dominant at times and then 1 guy you don't hear their names. There is some talent at DT which there always is at every position but I don't see it as being deep. I think Bunkley is a fringe 1st round pick but I do think Ngata is a top 5 pick.
                            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                            X