PDA

View Full Version : What are YOU doing for the draft?

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I know some are going to the BZ draft party (and I may stop by that at some point as well).

For the rest of ya'll. What are you doing for the draft? Gonna be around here analyzing the picks as they are made?

Im deciding what I want to do for the draft.. part of me wants to go out and party (my friends are having a big draft party- but I'll probably get drunk and forget who was drafted by 3pm).

Or If Im going to hang around here tommorow afternoon and chat it up with some of ya'll.

What's everyone's plans?

The_Philster
04-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Draft party...it's where the important people will gather :up:

SquishDaFish
04-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Im staying home requested weekend off and plan to veg in front of TV. With ESPN and NFLNetwork going along with my sirius in the background.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Draft party...it's where the important people will gather :up:
I wil likely stop by for a beer with u guys, I live in the area.. But im not coming until after we pick.. Because if we take Young/Cutler I will cheer and I might get jumped..

I'll hold up my V Davis poster until he's off the board.. If he's not off the board at 8 and we STILL dont take him, I am leaving my place and going to OBD to hunt for Levy.

The_Philster
04-28-2006, 06:04 PM
I wil likely stop by for a beer with u guys, I live in the area.. But im not coming until after we pick.. Because if we take Young/Cutler I will cheer and I might get jumped..:lmao: You might at that

Kerr
04-28-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.bundyology.com/bal2.jpg

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 06:14 PM
lol

Mr. Pink
04-28-2006, 06:14 PM
I'll go to the draft party wearing a bills pullover with my eric metcalf browns jersey underneath, so when the Bills pick I can have the pullover on, and when the Browns pick take it off. :rofl:

Just kidding, I'm prolly staying at home and being lazy. lol

EDS
04-28-2006, 06:40 PM
I will be going for a 100 mile bike ride during the first few rounds. I will definitely be anxious to see how things turned out when I return though.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 06:43 PM
I dont even like driving 100 miles.

Mr.Reality
04-28-2006, 07:59 PM
I have to work for the first part of the first round.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I think I will be at Tully's on the boulevard.

hammerbillsfan
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
BZ draft party :cheers:

OpIv37
04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
the same thing I'm doing with the hockey games right now: working on a paper with the volume on low, and turning it up for the important parts.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 09:33 PM
the same thing I'm doing with the hockey games right now: working on a paper with the volume on low, and turning it up for the important parts.
OP, where do you live?

OpIv37
04-28-2006, 09:41 PM
OP, where do you live?

Alexandria, VA.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Is that close to Herndon, Virginia?
Herndon is in the county of Fairfax, about 30 minutes from Washington.

OpIv37
04-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Is that close to Herndon, Virginia?
Herndon is in the county of Fairfax, about 30 minutes from Washington.

maybe a 30 minute drive to Herndon, much more in traffic. There's a Bills bar there called Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, but I've only been there once. The part of Alexandria I'm in is also Fairfax County, but Fairfax County is huge.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Ironic.

I may be moving to Herndon to take a transfer at the end of this summer, depending on some other things before that... There's also a mortgage branch from my bank in Monassas (spelling?), VA as well as McLean.

And that bar you're talking about, its like around the corner from my mother's townhouse (she moved to VA last year)

Bert102176
04-28-2006, 09:56 PM
I gotta be at work for the 1st day of it damn work, am gonna record it though

OpIv37
04-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Ironic.

I may be moving to Herndon to take a transfer at the end of this summer, depending on some other things before that... There's also a mortgage branch from my bank in Monassas (spelling?), VA as well as McLean.

And that bar you're talking about, its like around the corner from my mother's townhouse (she moved to VA last year)

well let me know if you move the area- we can meet up to watch a game or something. I have DirecTV so I usually watch the games here. Maybe I'll have a Zone party at my house for a game. GHost lives right around the corner, Valerie, R. Rich, Darth Takeo and a few others live within realistic driving distance.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Regardless if I transfer or not permanently, I'll defintely be down there (my mom is there and my sister is moving there soon), we'll catch a game.

I'll PM you pretty soon (not tonight) and ask you some VA questions.. I like to gather as much input as possible before making decisions like that.

OpIv37
04-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Regardless if I transfer or not permanently, I'll defintely be down there (my mom is there and my sister is moving there soon), we'll catch a game.

I'll PM you pretty soon (not tonight) and ask you some VA questions.. I like to gather as much input as possible before making decisions like that.

yeah no problem- I'll let you know.

DraftBoy
04-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Got some of my boys coming over, we are ordering pizza and wings, drinking beers and watching the draft, Ill be on the BZ from time to time to chit chart pick analysis with those here that would like my point of view.

Devin
04-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Manassas! That was like 15 minutes from me when I lived in northern VA.

I will be having a big Crawfish boil/cookout. Chili/Crawfish/Beer...the Sun and NFL Draft!!!! WHat a day!

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 01:58 AM
I'll be at home with the TV and computer on, logged in here, for most of the time while airing out my house and keeping an eye on what's happening to the house next door.

Just before 6 am on Friday morning, my wife and I--and our neighbors in the other two apartments--were awakened by the 3 alarm fire that gutted the house next door and just 10 feet across an alley from our house. Fortunately, the FD was able to keep the fire from spreading to our house or the house on the other side and got everyone out without anyone being hurt, but the four families who lived in the house and were our neighbors were all burned out and left homeless. While, being disabled, I physically can't do too much, my wife and I have been trying to help them to clean up and salvage whatever they can, while trying to keep an eye on things to prevent any looters or scavengers from going into the house to steal what remains (believe it or not, as I'm sitting at my computer now, I am actually watching the house through the window and have seen a couple of pickup trucks pull up in front of the place and then drive away when I stand up so they can see me through the window--it is bizarre!).

We will continue to do this on Saturday and Sunday and try to help out our now former neighbors in any way that we can--even if only by giving them coffee and sandwiches, etc.--as they finish the job of salvaging any of their things that survived the fire. Our apartment still smells a bit of smoke, so we will have all of the windows open again to get as much of the smoke out of our place as possible.

But, that won't stop me from keeping an eye on the draft and posting a few messages here as things progress. Earlier this week I had been considering going to the draft party at McFadden's to watch the draft with the Bills Backers there, but that's out of the question now. I think it is much more important for me and my wife to be here at home tomorrow to try to help our unfortunate neighbors, even if that just means putting an arm around their shoulders or giving them a cup of coffee, etc. My wife and I can do that and I can still enjoy following the draft at the same time.

(As an aside, we were incredibly lucky that the fire did not spread to our house. A lot of credit must also go to the local Fire Dept.--those guys did an incredible job of fighting that fire and keeping it from our house! It's hard to really understand what a tough and dangerous job that is until you actually witness a major fire and see what they have to do! I can't even begin to find the words to say how grateful we all are for what those firemen did!!!!!)