X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Texans are the laughing stock

How do they take Williams instead of Bush? That is idiotic. Although in BZFL it helps me because I have Domanick Davis.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Texans are the laughing stock

what's the Texans' cap situation like? Maybe they couldn't afford him.

Of course, it seems to me that if you have a shot at a player like Bush, you find a way to get it done.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• clumping platelets

Salary cap has no impact on this decision......Texans did the RIGHT thing....they added a stud on defense.....D. Davis is a good RB and they can add a good RB with the 1st pick of rd 2 if they want

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        what's the Texans' cap situation like? Maybe they couldn't afford him.

Of course, it seems to me that if you have a shot at a player like Bush, you find a way to get it done.
        I think the Texans are actually in really good shape. And its not like the 1st year is going to be alot of money. The 1st year is usually a cheap contract. If anything they should have traded down instead of passing on Bush. I always thought they should trade out to pass on Bush but not just sit there and take someone else. I'm a big fan of Domanick Davis is my reasoning for trading out. In my opinion Williams isn't even the 2nd best player in the draft.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Just like the Eagles were the laughing stock when McNabb was selected over Ricky Williams.

Way to follow the lemming line of thinking.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
            Salary cap has no impact on this decision......Texans did the RIGHT thing....they added a stud on defense.....D. Davis is a good RB and they can add a good RB with the 1st pick of rd 2 if they want
            agreed ESPN's draft mag has Bush compared to Marshall Faulk but I see him to be more like Warrick Dunn and would anyone take Dunn over a Julius Peppers-type? Especially when you already have a solid RB in place.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
              Just like the Eagles were the laughing stock when McNabb was selected over Ricky Williams.

Way to following the lemming line of thinking.
              Nice way of putting it
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

So I'm wrong by saying they are the laughing stock because in 1999 the Eagles picked Donovan McNabb over Ricky Williams? I'm not even sure if they got the better end of the deal.

I don't think Mario is as good or better then Peppers because Peppers doesn't take days off and was consistant through his career. Williams was not.

I think Bush is as good as everyone says he is going to be. Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, even Barry Sanders to an extent.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Mr.Reality
                  • Nov 2002

I think Mario Williams very well might be the best player in the draft. I don't think it's much of a reach at all. From all I have heard the Texans had Bush and Williams as 1 and 1a.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

this was the same thing the Bills did in drafting Bruce Smith instead of Doug Flutie. a great move for the Texans.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                      • Feb 2005

In my opinion and Merrel Hodge (I know, I know) said it perfectly. "Mario Williams is a good player but Reggie Bush is a great player."
                      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Bush is another 1200 yard, 30 catch RB...Williams could get 15 sacks every year...which is harder to come by??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Kerr
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Face it, the texans realized they have no impact player on their defense right now. Babin and Johnson haven't really turned into the studs they hoped they would be, but there's still time for them. Mario should give their D an identity in the league.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                            So I'm wrong by saying they are the laughing stock because in 1999 the Eagles picked Donovan McNabb over Ricky Williams? I'm not even sure if they got the better end of the deal.

I don't think Mario is as good or better then Peppers because Peppers doesn't take days off and was consistant through his career. Williams was not.

I think Bush is as good as everyone says he is going to be. Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, even Barry Sanders to an extent.
                            If you'd rather have Ricky Williams than Donovan McNabb, idk what to tell you, you just plain dont know a thing. Williams has loads of talent....and thats about it. As for Bush being the next Barry Sanders, I dont necessarily disagree. However, Mario Williams is to the DE spot what Vernon Davis is to TE's, and we all know how people feel about VD on this forum. Williams ran a 4.66 40, had a vertical of 40 1/2 inches, benched 225 35 times...and oh yeah hes a 6-7, 295 DE. You can say Ya, he took plays off. But then someone can turn around and say Ya, Reggie isnt sturdy enough to carry the ball 25-30 times....and its hard to argue that. I applaud the Texans for doing the right thing for their franchise, and I think it will work out well.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                              Maybe they'll get Lendale in the 2nd...That would be interesting.
                              "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X