PDA

View Full Version : LOL- Casserly gettin Fired already?

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 08:19 PM
-- Texans to Fire Casserly? --
Fri Apr 28, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com
The Philadelphia Daily News reports Texans GM Charley Casserly won't be around to see how his '06 draft picks pan out. Casserly is expected to get his walking papers from owner Bob McNair shortly after the draft. Sources say he already has put his Houston home on the market and probably will wind up with a football operations job in the NFL office in New York. Former Broncos, Giants and Falcons HC Dan Reeves was hired by McNair last year as a consultant. He won't replace Casserly, but will have a good deal of influence into choosing his successor. The two leading candidates, sources say, are Falcons vice president of player personnel Ronnie Hill and Broncos director of pro scouting Rick Smith.

Sportsuser101
04-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeah they were talking about that yesterday. Doesn't make sense to not have a GM in place for a draft.

Devin
04-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah thats pretty odd, perhpas just one of the many reasons a deal was ironed out ahead of time.

EricStratton
04-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Why would Houston allow him to do this draft if they intend on firing him?

If this is true the owner is a moron football wise.

Sportsuser101
04-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Why would Houston allow him to do this draft if they intend on firing him?

If this is true the owner is a moron football wise.

I don't think he is doing the draft. I think he's just the face. Or at least for the owners sake I hope he is.

TigerJ
04-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Casserly certainly sounded like he expects to be around for a while when talking to ESPN about the signing of Mario Williams.