PDA

View Full Version : BILLS sign the A Train

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-28-2006, 08:55 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3735 He's another one of Jauron's boys from his days with Chicago.

LtBillsFan66
04-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Great pickup!

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
I think he'll have to EARN a spot on this team and will compete with Gates.

I do like the pickup though.. Sure why not.. never hurts to have a vet RB on the roster in case Willis goes down.

ddaryl
04-28-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't think Thomas will have to compete to hard with Gates.

We now have a bonafide backup RB.

It has taken some time but Ilike what I've been seeing from Marv and Co. lately

mysticsoto
04-28-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't think Thomas will have to compete to hard with Gates.

We now have a bonafide backup RB.

It has taken some time but Ilike what I've been seeing from Marv and Co. lately

I think it will be tougher for Thomas than you think. Gates has deceptive speed that Thomas doesn't really have. They are similar in builds with just about the same weight and Thomas slightly taller at 6'2". The main difference between the two is Gates is fresh, while Thomas has experience.

But, competition is always a good thing, and I look forward to them battling it out for a roster spot!!! As LTBF said, Thomas might even make it as a FB and replace Burns...

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Nah, Burns is a very valuable special teamer.. Thats a unit that dont need messin with.

mysticsoto
04-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Nah, Burns is a very valuable special teamer.. Thats a unit that dont need messin with.

There's plenty of special teamers on the team and there could be new ones coming in from the draft. I wouldn't keep Burns for special teams over a healthy Thomas or the potential of Gates. A CB such as Marcus Maxey that we might draft would likely get their start in STs...besides, Burns is slowing down - and he was never fast to begin with (4.81 in the 40). Thomas is not fast and even he dwarfs Burns (4.54 40).

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2006, 09:02 AM
GO BLUE!!!