PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't have Houston traded picks with the Saints?

Mitchy moo
04-28-2006, 10:18 PM
If they had half a brain, they would of gotten the Saints to switch with them and picked up a late round draft pick. The Saints will draft early in every round. What was houston thinking?

Luisito23
04-28-2006, 10:22 PM
This is what makes them even bigger idiots, why not trade that pick and still get Mario...

idiots...:handball:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
04-28-2006, 10:24 PM
I guess that's why they are drafting 1st in the 1st place. Elevator's not making it to the top floor in Houston.

McBFLO
04-28-2006, 10:27 PM
why would NO trade up to get him? they were perfectly fine with taking williams, ferguson, et al. they have a lot of needs. i know bush is a very rare talent, but hearing Casserly speak... he makes sense. in a divison with peyton, you're probably going to lose in the shootout game. williams DID make more sense than bush. he was more of a need.

having said that, they better hope that williams pans out.

TigerJ
04-28-2006, 10:34 PM
With Deuce McAllister on their roster, and paying him a bigger contract than Houston is paying Domanic Davis, the Saints have a lot less reason to want Bush than Houston. NO would never have traded up to pick Bush. The draft vaule chart suggests it could cost NO their third through fifth round picks to move up one spot to take a player they really don't need even if he is good. Does that sound smart?

Mitchy moo
04-28-2006, 10:42 PM
If I had to choose between the Jets getting Bush or the Bills, I'd take the Bills. I know we just got a-train but that might be a smokescreen. Seems a little to close to the draft and we might be tipping our hands based on who we just signed.

Plan on us Taking a O-lineman & a RB in the first 3 rounds.

Ebenezer
04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
With Deuce McAllister on their roster, and paying him a bigger contract than Houston is paying Domanic Davis, the Saints have a lot less reason to want Bush than Houston. NO would never have traded up to pick Bush. The draft vaule chart suggests it could cost NO their third through fifth round picks to move up one spot to take a player they really don't need even if he is good. Does that sound smart?
we have a winner. IF McAllister comes back healthy the extra 200-400 yards Bush will get (thats only 15-30 yards per game) are meaningless when you have major holes in other areas.

Mitchy moo
04-29-2006, 12:11 AM
we have a winner. IF McAllister comes back healthy the extra 200-400 yards Bush will get (thats only 15-30 yards per game) are meaningless when you have major holes in other areas.

Good points!

ddaryl
04-29-2006, 12:56 AM
I seriously doubt NO wanted to move up to #1 spot.

If anything NO will move down and gain extra picks.

AND WE ARE NOT TAKING A RB IN THE 1st 3 ROUNDS !!!! Skooby

no chance in hell of that happening, and we're nto moving up for Bush either.