PDA

View Full Version : I'm on the phone with my buddy in Houston and

Bmax
04-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I was on the phone with my friend in houston and he tells me the fans are really pissed off.. They wanted Bush or Young... He works at a smooth Jazz radio station in houston and his company owns a sister station which features sports talk.. Hesays the calls have beeen thru the roof against the williams pick.. Their fans are saying that they are the laughing stock of the NFL...

:rofl:

Bmax

Michael82
04-28-2006, 11:20 PM
I bet Moulds is pissed too. :snicker:

:lmao:

Devin
04-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Mario was not a bad pick at all, and in theory makes more sense for them.

That being said this could end up being a "Jordan like" draft scenario.

The Natrix
04-28-2006, 11:25 PM
I can understand fans being dissappointed with not getting Young. Carr blows and Young could be the home town hero.

But Bush? Who cares? You guys have Davis.

Bill Brasky
04-29-2006, 12:25 AM
Idiots.

Williams will do more for that team that Reggie Bush would have in a 2-back set with Davis.

Young would have done great for them - on the bench.

They have a QB. They have a RB. They DIDN'T HAVE a DE... now they have one... are the fans stupid or something?

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Idiots.

Williams will do more for that team that Reggie Bush would have in a 2-back set with Davis.

They have a QB. They have a RB. They DIDN'T HAVE a DE... now they have one... are the fans stupid or something?

I agree. And, they can now get an offensive lineman to help protect Carr in the second round.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Idiots.

OUTSTANDING POST! here is what is funny, We won what...a couple more games than them? But what do they do? TAKE A LINEMAN with the #1 overall pick! Funny what happens when guys that understand football do the RIGHT Thing. Good thing they dont' listen to draft 'experts'. Here is to hoping Marv doesn't either.

That said, they go RB with their 2nd pick or mov up into the first round to take a RB. In their system of zone blocking, they can take a LT Talent in the 3rd round and he will be successful.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Idiots.

Incorrect.

They signed a PAIR of DE's via FA.. Anthony Weaver and ND Kalu..

I'm not saying Williams doesnt make any sense, of course it does.. Personally, if they werent taking Bush I would have taken Brick before Williams.

eeyyeeddoogg
04-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Williams is the better pick imo. Pass rushing d-ends are tough to come by. Bush is good but you can always find runners.