PDA

View Full Version : 5 Teams Have Already Called the Saints

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 10:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2426003

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported that other teams are interested in trading up and trying to get Bush in the draft. Among five teams that have contacted the Saints are the Raiders and the Packers. The Cardinals might be interested in trading up to No. 2, also, but they are not interested in drafting Bush.

Ebenezer
04-28-2006, 10:38 PM
The Saints just became the landslide winner in the draft. I would trade down just far enough to ensure I get Ferguson and still get some goodies for letting somebody else take Bush.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Bush's agent just said that the Saints have given every indication that they will take Bush.

and Mike Irvin is on ESPN news and just called Casserly "Crazy" and said that Houston just gave up Michael Jordan. Love him or hate him, Irvin says what he wants.. I wish I could have taped this interview for you, funny stuff.. Hopefully you'll see it.

TigerJ
04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't think the Raiders have enough ammunition to move up to #2 unless the Saints are feeling charitable or Oakland is willing to mortgage their future. I think anyone who's not in the top 5 had better have 2 first round picks before they ever even call NO.

Jeff1220
04-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Bush's agent just said that the Saints have given every indication that they will take Bush.

and Mike Irvin is on ESPN news and just called Casserly "Crazy" and said that Houston just gave up Michael Jordan. Love him or hate him, Irvin says what he wants.. I wish I could have taped this interview for you, funny stuff.. Hopefully you'll see it.

Everyone was saying that when Butler traded out of #1 when Vick was there too. He wound up with LT at #5 (then Brees in rd 2). LT is way better than Vick.

Throne Logic
04-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Everyone was saying that when Butler traded out of #1 when Vick was there too. He wound up with LT at #5 (then Brees in rd 2). LT is way better than Vick.

Excellent point. That was a heck of a Day-1 draft by Butler. RIP fatman.

Devin
04-28-2006, 11:24 PM
City is going nuts here, its all over the local channels.

Saints either end up with Bush, or trade down and end up with Brick/Hawk and more picks.

Mitchy moo
04-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Excellent point. That was a heck of a Day-1 draft by Butler. RIP fatman.

He probably smoking in heaven right now, lord knows he smoked on earth all the time.

AndreReed83
04-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Of course, at the time Vick was in the draft, it seemed all the media people were just gaga about a QB who could run for 1000 yards a season. Great talent but I think he was built up a little more then he should have been and Butler made the correct move.