PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush has very little draft value.

Ebenezer
04-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Try this one on for size.

Reggie Bush only has value to a team without a 1000 yard back. How important is the upgrade from a guy who gets 1000-1200 yards a season and a guy who gets 1400-1600 yards a season when other parts of your team have major holes.

That is why Houston took Williams. (A team like the Jets or Tenn would benefit from Bush) This is not the NCAA or the Pac-10. Bush is not going to be able to run around like he did in college. First off you can scrap him as a returner. Nobody will invest that kind of money and chance getting him hurt. He didn't play every down at USC. You need look no further than the Bills to see what a player who does not play every down (McGahee) is actually worth (tell me that McGahee is more valuable to the Bills than Thurman Thomas ever was). Bush is going to be a great running back but that doesn't mean the increased yardage is enough. TDs cannot be predicted. A back can run for 1500 yards and not generate a lot of TDs. IMO, Williams and Brick will have a great impact on their new teams than Bush does if Bush goes to a team who had a 1000 yards rusher. Even Huff and Hawk can do more for a team than Bush. Tell me the Bills would not be better by drafting Huff to replace Wire than if they drafted Bush to replace McGahee. I said it before, Bush won't fall far but he could end up as low as Green Bay (and who knows...maybe lower, SF?).

:2cents:

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I like your points, but he aint lasting til 5.. He's going 2, to either NO or a team that trades up for him.

Ebenezer
04-28-2006, 10:49 PM
I like your points, but he aint lasting til 5.. He's going 2, to either NO or a team that trades up for him.
that is what I said in the other thread...NO just became big winners...either they draft Bush or they trade it away, go just low enough, and get Leinhart or Brick.

Throne Logic
04-28-2006, 11:01 PM

Although you're probably right, this is exactly what people were saying this morning regarding Houston taking Bush with the #1 pick. Perhaps NO decides to trade with someone who has a 1200 yard RB and wants Brick. Wouldn't shock me to see Bush fall a bit further.

Also wouldn't shock me if Houston up and trades that #1 pick at 12:01 tomorrow. . . That contract is only valid if they actually select him.

Bulldog
04-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Although you're probably right, this is exactly what people were saying this morning regarding Houston taking Bush with the #1 pick. Perhaps NO decides to trade with someone who has a 1200 yard RB and wants Brick. Wouldn't shock me to see Bush fall a bit further.

Also wouldn't shock me if Houston up and trades that #1 pick at 12:01 tomorrow. . . That contract is only valid if they actually select him.

If thats the case, could this be a ploy by Houston to get Bush to sign a more reasonable deal?

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Nah, I just seen Casserly on ESPN NEws and he explained why he thinks Williams is the right pick for the organization. They're keeping Mario.

I just cant see Bush not going at 2.. Then again, I cant see Leinart, Young or Brick lasting past three, LOL and obviously someone has to "slip"

I hope its Vernon Davis, all the way to F'n 8.

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Nah, I just seen Casserly on ESPN NEws and he explained why he thinks Williams is the right pick for the organization. They're keeping Mario.

I just cant see Bush not going at 2.. Then again, I cant see Leinart, Young or Brick lasting past three, LOL and obviously someone has to "slip"

I hope its Vernon Davis, all the way to F'n 8.