Maybe TD knows what he's doing after all....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Maybe TD knows what he's doing after all....

From a snippet in the Cleveland Morning Journal

Speaking of coaches, the Bengals lost a good one in Tim Krumrie, once a star for them. When the Bengals fired Dick LeBeau they let his whole staff go. But they really had hoped their new coach, Marvin Lewis, would keep him. He didn't get the chance. The Buffalo Bills, figuring there would be Bengals coaching changes, had been actually ''scouting'' Krumrie. They secretly were taping him on the Bengals sidelines to see how he handled the players on the defensive line. They saw a bond and chemistry. As soon as Krumrie became free they snatched him. How about that for a new twist in scouting?

• TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

nice find dozer
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• 4thAndLong
      I'm Really 4 and Short
      • Sep 2002

We have the best front office in the league.

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

TD is an evil frickin genious.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
          We have the best front office in the league.
          Which is exactly why it's only a matter of time before we win the SuperBowl!

This year we'll at least be in the playoffs.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

So the moral of the story is........

Never pick your nose or scratch your ass on the sidelines- you never know what job you are going to lose....

Comment

• clumping platelets

But sometimes you just can't help it

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                • Jul 2002

Do you suppose he's tapping Wys's phone?

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla *****
                  • Jul 2002

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Do you think he will be scouting the sidelines for head coaches this season if the Bills don't make the playoffs? If yes, I advise him to bypass scouting Miami's coaching staff. Anyone that can have a top 5 kicker, a top 5 defense and the leagues leading rusher and still not make the playoffs is a coaching staff I do not want on my team.

Comment

• Doc
                      • Dec 2002

With the exception of Krumrie, who will take over for the great and now retired Jon Levra, the other coaches represent HUGE upgrades over the coaches they replaced. Hearing this about Krumrie is music to my ears, and while it will be hard to replace Levra, Donahoe did well here IMHO. The icing on the cake will be LeBeau, who will join shortly after the 49'ers announce Ted Cottrell as their new head coach.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gameboy
                        Do you suppose he's tapping Wys's phone?
                        I LOVE having Krumrie here! He's got some good background.

I also have no particular aversion to bringing LeBeau here, I just have to scratch my head when some say that's he's spectacular and much better than another coach when his record indicates mediocrity almost throughout his entire career with only an occasional hint of success speckled in there. And mediocrity is probably understating things.

I've always thought the the Bills had one of, if not the best, FO in the league and I still think that's true. For the most part, I think the moves we've made have been solid ones. You must remember that last year we were in a weird cap situation that had to be negotiated. Nevertheless, in hind sight, and to some extent in foresight, we got less for more. We could have had Naole in here to play C/G for less than Teague and he's much better than Teague. We didn't even bring him in for an interview! He's 30 lbs. heavier than Teague and is the same age, and signed w/ the Jags for about $1/2 M less. We also paid Jenkins quite a bit when he really had no history of doing anything special while simultaneously releasing Carpenter whom I thought was better, certainly faster, and who had a better season down in Atlanta.

This offseason will bear out how good Donahoe and the FO is. If we don't end up with any marquee defenders while signing Price to a huge dollar contract, then I think a lot of people will be scratching their heads. In any case, we can't afford to wait, and wait, and wait like we did last year while all the good value players and all the marquee players get grabbed up by other teams. We'll need to move to sign an OLB and DT. Waiting for other teams' cuts is not the preferred means of filling those spots unless we know for sure that the one or two players who will be cut on June 1st will actually want to sign and play here.
                        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

When he has a Super Bowl defense, you argument is that he "Inherited it" and it's not a product of him.

When he coached the Bengals, it was his problems and he did not inherit loser players.

Like I stated earlier, thank god he knows what he's doing.

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
                            You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
                            • Jul 2002

TD is a :angry:ing animal. Next he's gonna be scouting bathroom attendants for RWS.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• Doc
                              • Dec 2002

The question is, even if you think LeBeau isn't all that good, is there anybody on the Bills' defensive coaching staff than whom he's worse? IMHO he's a great defensive mind and would be a huge addition to the Bills in whatever capacity.

Comment

Working...
                              X