PDA

View Full Version : N.O. with the second pick...

Bulldog
04-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Selects D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Tackle, University of Virginia. Any one think N.O. has the balls to take D'Brick with the second pick? And if so, what will the Titans do at three?

Kerr
04-28-2006, 11:04 PM
It would sort of make sense if the saints took bush. I mean duece McCallister is coming off an acl injury and they're not sure if he'll come back to form. Drafting bush would give some them insurance just based on his potential. Add in the fact that aside from being compared to marshall faulk, bush has also been compared to LT. Brees in NO gets a new LT. Don't be surprised.

As far the the Titans go, it seems they can't choose between young and lienart. Well, the owner's choice overrules the staff's choice by default, so the pick could be Vince Young because it is said the owner prefers him, while the staff prefers leinart(norm chow)

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 11:05 PM
YOu think Bush would fall to 4th?

Bulldog
04-28-2006, 11:10 PM
YOu think Bush would fall to 4th?

Who knows. If N.O. takes D'Brick, then maybe. It's pretty clear that the Titans want a QB, so maybe the Jets hit the jackpot and get Bush at number 4. This draft is going to be crazy.

Devin
04-28-2006, 11:11 PM
If NO takes Brick (their GM will probably be hung) but assuming they do, and dont trade. BUsh will be a Titan. No question.

Chris Brown and Travis Henry over Bush? Dont make me laugh.

Ebenezer
04-28-2006, 11:13 PM
If NO takes Brick (their GM will probably be hung) but assuming they do, and dont trade. BUsh will be a Titan. No question.

unless Tenn takes Leinhart...USC connection!

patmoran2006
04-28-2006, 11:14 PM

There's no doubt Bush over Henry/Brown is a no-brainer..

However, its not just about that.. they REALLY want to take a QB.

Kerr
04-28-2006, 11:15 PM

With the way things are going with management and Steve Mcnair, I don't think they'd settle for bush over leinart/young. McNair might end up in baltimore at the start of training camp. If that were to happen, they would probably want young/lienart to start over volek.

Devin
04-28-2006, 11:17 PM
With the way things are going with management and Steve Mcnair, I don't think they'd settle for bush over leinart/young. McNair might end up in baltimore at the start of training camp. If that were to happen, they would probably want young/lienart to start over volek.

Didnt they just sign Volek to a pretty nice contract?

Bulldog

So the Titans go into the season with three real good RB's? I think they're in the same boat as the Texans were. As great as Bush sounds, they have more pressing needs.

Devin
Titans currently do not have any "real good RB's"

Bulldog
04-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Titans currently do not have any "real good RB's"

They have two RB's that have each rushed for over a 1,000 YDS in a season. Brown is a stud if the Titans could keep him on the field. You may be right, they may not have two real good RB's, but they most certainly have more pressing needs than adding a 3rd RB to the mix.

Kerr
04-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Didnt they just sign Volek to a pretty nice contract?

I'm not sure, but they don't intend to have him as their franchise qb, that's for sure.