Based on the Bills' Poor Performance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Based on the Bills' Poor Performance....

It's been noted that we're pretty close to being Arizone East.

Well, if we take Vince Young tomorrow, you might as well call us NY Jets West. This would be one of the worst draft day decisions EVER.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Based on the Bills' Poor Performance....

Respectfully I disagree.

I see Vince Young and I see a winner. I know there's a lion's list of high QB drafted Busts, but I think young is different.. I think he could be a difference maker on this team for many many years. He WILL be a difference maker somewhere. I actually think Leinart is going to the WORST of the three big time QB's.. I think Cutler is going to be a lot better than people think, and I think Vince Young is going to lead someone to a Super Bowl one day.

I also dont think there is a chance in hell he's going to be a Buffalo Bill.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

People said the samething about Vick. And Aaron Brooks. And Akili Smith. Where are all their rings?

Anyway it doesn't matter if Young is the next Brady with Vick athleticism. We need other positions much more than we need QB's. We need immediate help and no QB- least of all Young- will do that.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

There's a chance Pat, as soon as we let go of the JP dream and realize that we are only as good as the QB we have (no one).

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
          There's a chance Pat, as soon as we let go of the JP dream and realize that we are only as good as the QB we have (no one).
          the QB's only as good as the OL. McNabb or Brady would look like **** on this team.

There is some hope for the OL- give Nall and Losman a chance with some blocking before doing anything stupid.

Paying for a player who';s gonna ride the pine for at least a year is stupid.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

you know what I love about teams like Pittsburgh, NE, Colts, Panthers.

They can go through injuries, but as long as they still have their leader at QB, they are ALWAYS going to be competitive.

Maybe I'm old school and maybe the NFL has changed, but if Im a GM I get the BEST TALENT I can get at QB and then I build my team around him.

I dont treat the QB position like its the right guard or outside linebacker position.. It isnt just a "need" pick.. NOthing is more important than having a good quarterback.. If we had the 1985 Chicago Bears defense then I'd tend to agree more, but we dont.

Comment

• The Natrix
              • Jul 2002

I'm not big on any of the QBs

I just can not see Vince Young as a complete bust. Even if he has trouble readng defenses, he is just to much of an athlete to be ineffective. I don't see him as being an elite QB, but easily a long term starter.

Lienart=Ryan Leaf

Cutler = I have no read on him or gut instinct at all. Nothing he does will surprise me.

Byrd.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

They can go through injuries, but as long as they still have their leader at QB, they are ALWAYS going to be competitive.

Maybe I'm old school and maybe the NFL has changed, but if Im a GM I get the BEST TALENT I can get at QB and then I build my team around him.

I dont treat the QB position like its the right guard or outside linebacker position.. It isnt just a "need" pick.. NOthing is more important than having a good quarterback.. If we had the 1985 Chicago Bears defense then I'd tend to agree more, but we dont.
                Bullseye! You could put Brady, Manning on almost any team & go .500.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

That makes some sense, but what makes you so positive that young is better than JP or Nall? None of the 3 have any significant NFL experience.

If that's your logic, the smart thing to do would be get someone like Brees who has proven they can play than gamble on draft picks
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    That makes some sense, but what makes you so positive that young is better than JP or Nall? None of the 3 have any significant NFL experience.

If that's your logic, the smart thing to do would be get someone like Brees who has proven they can play than gamble on draft picks
                    Brees is coming in with physical issues and mileage.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                      Brees is coming in with physical issues and mileage.
                      in the NFL experience counts more than that.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsburgh
                        • Jul 2003

the QB's only as good as the OL. McNabb or Brady would look like **** on this team.

There is some hope for the OL- give Nall and Losman a chance with some blocking before doing anything stupid.

Paying for a player who';s gonna ride the pine for at least a year is stupid.
                        Some people just dont understand. they just want the big name. just like Donahoe did for the last 5 years.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

in the NFL experience counts more than that.
                          That experience comes at a physical price as well.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I sure as hell cant say Young will be as good as Brady, Roth, Manning or Delhomme, those are big shoes to fill.

But I HATE Holcomb, I hate the fact that GB couldnt give two ****s about Nall even though Favre is soon to retire, and JP imo and maybe only my opinion has proved to me that he's too stupid football-wise to EVER be a real good QB.. I'm FULLY aware he's only played in a handful of games.

Let me put this out there.. We're "taking a huge risk" if we were to take a QB, right? Well, we're also taking JUST a big a risk if we dont.

Lets say we DONT (which we 90% wont).. And I'm right and JP Losman does the same **** this year he did last year.. AT the end of the year Marv decides this guy is a F'n bum and he's gone.. NOW we have to look at a QB all over again in 2007 and the process starts, a year LATER.

So in my book, letting an uproven guy play now like JP (or even Nall) is JUSt as risky as passing up on one of college Football's best quarterbacks ever... Vince Young caliber QB's dont come along every year and even if they did, I dont expect the bills plan to make picking in the top ten a yearly routine.

When you're in the top ten, your QB is UNPROVEN at BEST, and there is a potential franchise QB on the board, you take him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
                              Some people just dont understand. they just want the big name. just like Donahoe did for the last 5 years.
                              That's a bunch of crap.

For starters, if Marv does a GOOD Job on draft day, the draft goes MUCH deeper than one pick in the top ten.

almost ANYBODY can pick a good player when they pick in the top ten.

If Marv and his crew have done their job, they'll find PLENTY of "needed" help on both sides of the line in rounds 2-7.. Polian does it seemingly EVERY year.

I dont understand how so many people on this board are downplaying the significance of having a franchise QB..

Jim Kelly went to Super Bowls with a great OL I am well aware of this.. But when jim was in his prime he could have taken the 2005 Bills OL and won 10 games. Thats what franchise "winning" QB's do.

Comment

Working...
                              X