• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Official Bills Zone NFL Draft Thread--Day One

I know it's early, but with Houston signing Mario Williams and passing on Reggie Bush with the # 1 pick in the draft this is shaping up to be one of the most unpredictable NFL drafts ever. Day One is looking like it's going to be a really wild day, so strap on your seatbelts, sit back and enjoy the ride!

The draft doesn't officially start for another approx. 6 hours and 15 minutes, but the action could begin at any moment this morning.

Houston is on the clock and their pick of Mario Williams won't be official until they hand their card into the Commish, with Reggie Bush now going to still be on the board when New Orleans goes on the clock for the second pick in the draft and 5 teams reportedly already having contacted the Saints about trading up to the # 2 spot, the jockeying in the Top 10 has already begun.

You can bet that the phones will be ringing and the airwaves singing all morning long! The Sun is up and anything can happen. It's going to be interesting and a lot of fun, especially to see what Marv Levy and the Bills braintrust decide to do with their picks! I can't wait!!!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!
    GO GET 'EM, MARV!!!
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Official Bills Zone NFL Draft Thread--Day One

Well, I am all-a-tingle!

I have to work till about 2, so I will have my radio tuned in and internet running so I can keep track of the action.... it just got more interesting with the texans action last night.

texas really goofed up everyones mocks and it willl be a free for all today!

GO BUFFALO!

Have fun everyone!
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Only a couple of hours left to go. I'll check back in this thread.

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

I really thought last night that the Saints were definitely going to trade that their 2nd pick because they could get so much for it, but last night ESPN reported the Bush's agent said the Saints were going to pick him. Plus the fact that, Bush is really the type of player they need to fill up the stands in that devastated city...

I just hope Bush won't be a Jet!
        "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I seen that too.. Someone suggested the Saints rep would sprint to the podium to take Bush.. Personally I dont buy it.

But at the end of the day it would be hard to pass him up..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

The saints wont take bush. but they have to make you belive they will if they want to trade the pick.

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
              The saints wont take bush. but they have to make you belive they will if they want to trade the pick.
              thats what they said about mario williams and his contract negotiations.
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

I think the Jets trade up, Take bush. Tenn takes Matt Lienart, New Orleans takes D Brick, Green Bay takes Hawk, SF takes Davis, Oak takes Young.

Our phone then rings off of the friggin hook to get Cuttler. IF Oakland passes on young we still will not take a QB because Marv isn't going to wait 3-4 years for a guy to develop. We will then get a better offer to trade down than what we would have got with just 1 QB there.

Marv and Ralph won't wait for JP and give him an undisputed full season so they aren't going to start over. If none of the QB's on this roster is the guy, look for us to try and sign a Veteran that can lead us or trade for one if possible. We wont' take a QB in round 1.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

If you read between the lines with what Modrak said more than once last week, Broderik Bunkley is probably going to be the pick. His preference (Modrak) is for Defensive Tackle in round one.

Thats why I think we heard Levy talk last week on bb.com about trading down no more than 4 spots, if they do at all.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    If you read between the lines with what Modrak said more than once last week, Broderik Bunkley is probably going to be the pick. His preference (Modrak) is for Defensive Tackle in round one.

Thats why I think we heard Levy talk last week on bb.com about trading down no more than 4 spots, if they do at all.
                    But my question pat is how far can we move down and still get Bunkley? I think no further than 11 with STL. Thoughts?

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Did Ice just ASK Pat what he thinks?
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        But my question pat is how far can we move down and still get Bunkley? I think no further than 11 with STL. Thoughts?
                        Detroit wont take a DT.. Arizona will take a QB or Justice.. and the Rams will probably take Ngata.

Cleveland may jump on Bunkley at 12.

So IMO, 3 spots to be safe, and DEFINITELY no more than 4 spots.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                          Did Ice just ASK Pat what he thinks?
                          Draft Day is no time for fighting.. Too many BZ fans will be around today.

Dont you worry, we will resume our rivalry on Monday morning

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              Detroit wont take a DT.. Arizona will take a QB or Justice.. and the Rams will probably take Ngata.

Cleveland may jump on Bunkley at 12.

So IMO, 3 spots to be safe, and DEFINITELY no more than 4 spots.
                              I think there is a good possibility Detroit takes a DT. They dont have Wilkinson anymore that just leaves Rogers and Tayoka Jackson. Since they are switching to a Cover 2 as well they could definitely use a DT like Bunkley.

Comment

Working...
                              X