• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Donte Whitner?

I hear he's a 1st round pick now. I saw this mock at pfw that had the bills trading down with the eagles and selecting whitner with their 1st pick. I also saw on kffl that the bills and eagles had discussed a trade. Would huff not be a better strong safety than whitner?
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Donte Whitner?

We go safety it will be at #8 with Huff, but we won't. I say Bunkley, Bing, then OT

Comment

• whkfc
      Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC
      • May 2003

Ive seen Whitner going as high as 8 to us. i dont think it will happen. But I know Mike Mayock of NFL Network has him going to us at 8.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Dude..
        IF we trade down (8 is too high) I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE love love love love LOVEEEEEEEEEEE to draft Whitner.. This boy can flat out PLAY and is absolutely PERFECT for a cover two defense.

But ONLY if we trade down.
        In a Bills dream world, they would trade down 6-7 spots, pick up an extra second rounder.. Take Whitner first, Wroten/Watson/McCargo second and a stud guard in round two as well.. that would be SWEET.

BTW, why in the WORLD would you want Darnell Bing as the Bills safety? This guy is EVERYTHING that the Cover Two is not. He's GREAT in run support, brings the noise as a blitzer and is absolutely HORRIBLE in deep coverage.. Bing is a young Lawyer Milloy, that makes absolutely zero sense for Buffalo to take Bing. Bing will fit perfectly into about 25 NFL teams.. Buffalo is not one of them.

Pat Watkins and Daniel Bullocks would both be MUCH better safeties for the Bills.

But getting back to the point, Kerr.. I've seen a lot of Ohio State football, and FuntimesYay is a OSU nut.. He'll vouch that Donte Whitner is a great F'N football player..

Some will even argue he's BETTER than Huff.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

For the record. Whitner is one of two guys (Chad Jackson the other) that I hope the Miami Dolpins DO NOT draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Pat,
            i've seen whitner compared to Bob Sanders of the colts. Sanders has been productive in the colts cover 2 D. I guess I wouldn't be too dissapointed if they traded down and selected whitner and getting an extra pick in the process.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
              • Aug 2005

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Everyone thought Mayock was a homer with his Mock Draft. And look what happened. Either the guy knows his stuff or is lucky.
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Dude..
                  IF we trade down (8 is too high) I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE love love love love LOVEEEEEEEEEEE to draft Whitner.. This boy can flat out PLAY and is absolutely PERFECT for a cover two defense.

But ONLY if we trade down.
                  In a Bills dream world, they would trade down 6-7 spots, pick up an extra second rounder.. Take Whitner first, Wroten/Watson/McCargo second and a stud guard in round two as well.. that would be SWEET.

BTW, why in the WORLD would you want Darnell Bing as the Bills safety? This guy is EVERYTHING that the Cover Two is not. He's GREAT in run support, brings the noise as a blitzer and is absolutely HORRIBLE in deep coverage.. Bing is a young Lawyer Milloy, that makes absolutely zero sense for Buffalo to take Bing. Bing will fit perfectly into about 25 NFL teams.. Buffalo is not one of them.

Pat Watkins and Daniel Bullocks would both be MUCH better safeties for the Bills.

But getting back to the point, Kerr.. I've seen a lot of Ohio State football, and FuntimesYay is a OSU nut.. He'll vouch that Donte Whitner is a great F'N football player..

Some will even argue he's BETTER than Huff.
                  You nailed it man! So I am assuming you probably aren't super pissed about our draft?

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

he is pissed.. because we didnt trade down.. even though we might not have gotten otherwise.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                    X