PDA

View Full Version : Someone tell me this is a fuggin Joke.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Please. Someone. This has got to be a fuggin joke. We ignored the teams that were ringing our phone off of the hook. Ignore the top DT's in the draft to take a Lesser Safety?

I honestly am too fuggin pissed to think straight right now

bigbub2352
04-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Absolutley awful

Kerr
04-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Gee Ice, weren't you calling that guy from nfl.com an idiot having whitner at #8 in his mock? Guess he knew something you didn't know.

Scumbag College
04-29-2006, 12:36 PM
This is a reach, he could have been had 5 or 6 picks from now. Not only that, if you watched one Bills game last year, you'd notice the OL and DL is absolutely awful. There are so many holes on this team, and although safeties are a weakness, they could have traded down and used another pick on safety and filled holes on the lines.

Bad drafts are probably the number one reason teams don't make the playoffs year after year. Bills fans are in the midst of this vicious cycle.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
You mean ICE was wrong? It can't be.

BUT, I agree with him. Marv is a friggin idiot.

guy
remember m.w. was high on everyones board.......

Philagape
Top 10 pick, and we blew it. :hang:

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 12:39 PM
This is a reach, he could have been had 5 or 6 picks from now. Not only that, if you watched one Bills game last year, you'd notice the OL and DL is absolutely awful. There are so many holes on this team, and although safeties are a weakness, they could have traded down and used another pick on safety and filled holes on the lines.

Bad drafts are probably the number one reason teams don't make the playoffs year after year. Bills fans are in the midst of this vicious cycle.

I thought Marv was smart and was gonna be different? We take a lower rated Safety instead of taking a top DT. Hell I would've even rather had Winston Justice. Safety could've been filled much later. If it was Huff I would be fine with it. Not for a guy we could've had about 15th in the draft.

Teams are trying to trade with us and we turn them down and draft this guy? We could've made the trade and still got him.

There can't be any excuse that they didn't offer us enough. Anything would've worked if this is the guy we take. We could've still had him had we traded down and got some type of an extra draft pick.

X-Era
04-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Please. Someone. This has got to be a fuggin joke. We ignored the teams that were ringing our phone off of the hook. Ignore the top DT's in the draft to take a Lesser Safety?

Just goes to show your lines first approach isnt worth sh_t.

We didnt like any of the DT's or OT's at 8, we wanted a player who will go one on one with WR's or TE's, very good S's are CRITICAL to the cover 2. Whitner fills a need and is more of an athlete than any of the lineman there.

Start crying now, I actually dont mind the pick. I would have loved it a bit later, but they had no trade partner and they said, if we would pick him at 14, but we cant trade down, why not take him at 8? I cant argue with that.

SquishDaFish
04-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I wouldnt say we blew it yet. We shall see in the next couple years. But disappointed right now yes.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 12:43 PM

We didnt like any of the DT's or OT's at 8, we wanted a player who will go one on one with WR's or TE's, very good S's are CRITICAL to the cover 2. Whitner fills a need and is more of an athlete than any of the lineman there.

Start crying now, I actually dont mind the pick. I would have loved it a bit later, but they had no trade partner and they said, if we would pick him at 14, but we cant trade down, why not take him at 8? I cant argue with that.

You don't reach for a player. We will be paying a Top 15 safety as the 8th pick in the draft. This is absolutely pathetic.

This guy better turn out to be Ed Reed that's all I gotta say. I hope you guys who has stuck up Marv and trust in him are happy now.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 12:44 PM

ICE, I said that Whitner could be the pick two or three days ago. This is not as far-fetched as it seems. I thought the Bills would trade down with Philly to get him, but it looks like Philly wasn't willing to offer enough for the Bills to do that.

Philagape
04-29-2006, 12:46 PM
DT was a MUCH bigger need than S. Teams will still run all day on us.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 12:47 PM

That is because you have no clue about football. You are so hell bent on trying to prove me wrong that you ignore the fact this is an absolutely horrible pick. the 3rd or 4th rated Safety at #8?

Philagape
04-29-2006, 12:48 PM
What would you rather have:

Bunkley DT and Bowen at S?

or

Anderson DT and Whitner at S :ill:

Philagape
04-29-2006, 12:49 PM
We won't have much need for a cover 2 safety if opponents don't have to throw.

sba
04-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm phsyically ill

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 12:50 PM
ICE, I said that Whitner could be the pick two or three days ago. This is not as far-fetched as it seems. I thought the Bills would trade down with Philly to get him, but it looks like Philly wasn't willing to offer enough for the Bills to do that.

It is far fetched. Teams were calling to get our pick and marv screwed up. Unless he has a starting impact DT on the phone now signing him, we are going to suck again this year.

I dont like the 'reach' word but this is the 3rd or 4th rated Safety in this draft. Some had him rated as a 2nd to 3rd round selection (see the billszone official draft guide as well) and we take him at #8 when we have a starting FS.

At this time this is an absolute horrible pick. At this time (again we don't know what will happen between now and the end of round 3) this was a total blunder that won't help this team. We have a starting FS. Now if we have a trade for clements and Vincent is moved back to CB in the cover 2.......

Kerr
DT should be addressed in the 2nd.

patmoran2006
I LOVE this pick, I absolutey HATE It at number eight.

DENVER just moved up there's PROOF They wanted Cutler and we could have gotten something from them.. This is horrible.

Unlike a lot, I'm not surprised though. Tom Modrak has proven with TWO gm's to me now he's a total arrogant *******.

I would have rather drafted Leinart or Cutler if this was our plan all along.. Dont worry, Im' sure we'll regret this.

Philagape
04-29-2006, 12:52 PM
DT should be addressed in the 2nd.

Which means it'll probably be a WR

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 12:52 PM

DENVER just moved up there's PROOF They wanted Cutler and we could have gotten something from them.. This is horrible.

Unlike a lot, I'm not surprised though. Tom Modrak has proven with TWO gm's to me now he's a total arrogant *******.

I would have rather drafted Leinart or Cutler if this was our plan all along.. Dont worry, Im' sure we'll regret this.

Modrak isn't our GM. Levy makes the decisions.

X-Era
04-29-2006, 12:53 PM
That is because you have no clue about football. You are so hell bent on trying to prove me wrong that you ignore the fact this is an absolutely horrible pick. the 3rd or 4th rated Safety at #8?

You continue to pester this board with your silly antics. Your justnot right man.

Its easy, both Bunkley and Justice have character issues. Ngata doesnt fit a 4-3 scheme and is rumored to be lazy.

The S position is in charge of 1/2 the field and is a CRITICAL spot in the cover 2.

There was NO ONE that was willing to make a trade we liked, we wouldnt get Whitner at 29 after trading with Denver.

Its a scenario that the guy we want (Whitner) was simply taken earlier than we wanted to take him, we didnt get ouyr trade partner, Levy wants character guys, S was a need-Bowen? are you kidding me? Vincent has been a S stud? are you kidding me?

It makes sense, if we had traded down and picked him up, everyone would have been fine. 8 vs. 14, who fuggin cares if he ends up being Roy Williams.

ICE, you dont know what your talking about, you continue to be your own problem, you simply keep sticking your foot in your mouth.

Billsouth
04-29-2006, 12:53 PM
I am seriously beginning to think that being a bills fan is hazardous to my health!!1

Philagape
04-29-2006, 12:54 PM
It doesn't matter who our safeties are if teams run all day on us

Luisito23
04-29-2006, 12:55 PM
I would have rather drafted Leinart or Cutler if this was our plan all along.

Me too.

Philagape
04-29-2006, 12:57 PM
In my fantasy drafts this year I'll load up on RBs who play the Bills

X-Era
04-29-2006, 12:57 PM
It doesn't matter who our safeties are if teams run all day on us

Dude, last time I checked the draft isnt over. I think this shows why we wanted to move late 1 in a trade up with Chi. We had Whitner targeted all along.

We have lots of picks and I like DT's and even OT's in later rounds better than reaching at 8, Whitner is a reach at 8, yes but he is a playmaker and S is very important in the cover 2.

Wait and see, we will be fine.

BTW, S have responsibility in the run as well.

Bmax
04-29-2006, 12:58 PM
You don't reach for a player. We will be paying a Top 15 safety as the 8th pick in the draft. This is absolutely pathetic.

This guy better turn out to be Ed Reed that's all I gotta say. I hope you guys who has stuck up Marv and trust in him are happy now.

Well according to Frank Coyle Draft insider digest.he compares him to Ed Reed....i have seen him play a whole lt and the kid can play 4.38 -40....cover like a cb.. Hits like a truck ..Remember Leonard Smith comparision to troy p. of pittsburgh....Let's just see who we get in rd 2 and three .. and hey we may still trade up for a extra 1st rd pick if a guy we like is available....I like John Mccargo in rd 2.. let's hope he is there.

Bmax

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 12:58 PM
If the bills dont draft a DT in round two I"m taking a ride up the road to the RALPH and Im going to act like Bruce Smith and pretend that Marv is Dan Marino.

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 01:01 PM

Yeah Levy is stupid but then here is Pat Moron wanting to draft a QB. I think you're the ******. Dumb ass.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Well according to Frank Coyle Draft insider digest.he compares him to Ed Reed....i have seen him play a whole lt and the kid can play 4.38 -40....cover like a cb.. Hits like a truck ..Remember Leonard Smith comparision to troy p. of pittsburgh....Let's just see who we get in rd 2 and three .. and hey we may still trade up for a extra 1st rd pick if a guy we like is available....I like John Mccargo in rd 2.. let's hope he is there.

Bmax

Well I'm happy to hear the opinion from a sports writer. If he was so smart he would be a scout or a GM.

losman2evans
04-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Very Confusing- Marv always said- can't have enough good dbs. I like the Ohio State thing- ala Winfield, Clements, Doss, etc. I really wanted Huff though- Should have traded down!!! Marv is not stupid, but he has some explaining to do picking the second best safety at #8. I am a huge Marv Levy fan- but I am perplexed. Has there been any precedent in picking two safeties in the top 8? Marv is a big student of history- just curious- If there has been such a precedent then how did that second safety do?

HAMMER
04-29-2006, 01:03 PM

If someone offered us a 3rd or better to move down and we didn't bite I will be pissed. But if no one was calling and Whitner was your man then I have no problems with it.

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 01:05 PM
NO NO NO NO, we still have Tim Andrerson:curse:

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm stunned. I expected a BLOCKBUSTER trade or drafting one of the two DT's but I never expected this. Still. I don't see where all the critisicm is justified. You guys ***** and moan constantly, yet none of you are qualified to be a scout for a high school football team let alone in a position to be questioning an NFL GM. What the hell do any of you know.

I knew I should have stayed off this site today. Thanks fellas.

Philagape
04-29-2006, 01:10 PM
NO NO NO NO, we still have Tim Andrerson:curse:

:whew: I forgot about him, I feel much better now

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Yeah Levy is stupid but then here is Pat Moron wanting to draft a QB. I think you're the ******. Dumb ass.

Wonderful insight, and nice personal attack on top of that.

I love the way we give Bowens MILLIONS so we can take a safety to take his spot on draft day at pick 8.

goodkarma
04-29-2006, 01:15 PM

So true. Whitner will lead the team in tackles this year.

dplus47
04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
another buckeye to the bills. if they didn't have a trading partner, they can't be blamed for the pick. it could end up being analagous to the levi jones situation a few years ago. whitner is a playmaker and a nice fit for your D.

The Natrix
04-29-2006, 01:17 PM
You guys are unbelieveable. Bills had no safety and are switching to the cover 2.

And do you really think Marv wasn't tryng to trade down? He obviously was but there were no takers .

Christ, let's judge the pick in three years.

Saratoga Slim
04-29-2006, 01:20 PM

exactly. I think Whitner is going to be a hell of a safety. I just can't understand why we couldn't have arranged SOME kind of trade to drop 5-6 spaces and still get him. no one between 9-12 would have taken him.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 01:21 PM
You guys are unbelieveable. Bills had no safety and are switching to the cover 2.

And do you really think Marv wasn't tryng to trade down? He obviously was but there were no takers .

Christ, let's judge the pick in three years.

best post i've seen so far.

Huff was probably their choice, and had Whinter as the next best safety on their board. Whitner was moving up fast on team boards as of late.

Philagape
04-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Great, now we have a safety who can tackle the RB after an 8-yard run

X-Era
04-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Wonderful insight, and nice personal attack on top of that.

I love the way we give Bowens MILLIONS so we can take a safety to take his spot on draft day at pick 8.

Pta, love ya man, but I think we need to take a look at all the compounding problems here.

Bowen? even Vincent? they suck. Yeah we have money spent ther. But they arent good.

The Ravnes gave up only a 6th to move up for Ngata and the Eagles didnt have to move at all if they take Bunkley. We had no partner. I think were seeing why we want to move up into the bottom of the 1st. Its for lineman, I dont know who, maybe Winston, but its someone.

I just think were being to tough. We didnt have a trade partner. Whitner could end up being Ed Reed. If he does would you like the pick?

One more thing, Denver would have moved up, but the 22nd? I didnt want to move down that far. And with Whitners stocl rising, he probably was gone at 22.

One thing is for sure, they like Whitner ALOT! There may be some great reasons why. Lets watch the pressy, see how we do the rest of the way through.