• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Someone tell me this is a fuggin Joke.

Please. Someone. This has got to be a fuggin joke. We ignored the teams that were ringing our phone off of the hook. Ignore the top DT's in the draft to take a Lesser Safety?

I honestly am too fuggin pissed to think straight right now
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Someone tell me this is a fuggin Joke.

Absolutley awful
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Gee Ice, weren't you calling that guy from nfl.com an idiot having whitner at #8 in his mock? Guess he knew something you didn't know.

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

This is a reach, he could have been had 5 or 6 picks from now. Not only that, if you watched one Bills game last year, you'd notice the OL and DL is absolutely awful. There are so many holes on this team, and although safeties are a weakness, they could have traded down and used another pick on safety and filled holes on the lines.

Bad drafts are probably the number one reason teams don't make the playoffs year after year. Bills fans are in the midst of this vicious cycle.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

You mean ICE was wrong? It can't be.

BUT, I agree with him. Marv is a friggin idiot.

Comment

• guy
            • Apr 2005

remember m.w. was high on everyones board.......

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Top 10 pick, and we blew it.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                This is a reach, he could have been had 5 or 6 picks from now. Not only that, if you watched one Bills game last year, you'd notice the OL and DL is absolutely awful. There are so many holes on this team, and although safeties are a weakness, they could have traded down and used another pick on safety and filled holes on the lines.

Bad drafts are probably the number one reason teams don't make the playoffs year after year. Bills fans are in the midst of this vicious cycle.
                I thought Marv was smart and was gonna be different? We take a lower rated Safety instead of taking a top DT. Hell I would've even rather had Winston Justice. Safety could've been filled much later. If it was Huff I would be fine with it. Not for a guy we could've had about 15th in the draft.

Teams are trying to trade with us and we turn them down and draft this guy? We could've made the trade and still got him.

There can't be any excuse that they didn't offer us enough. Anything would've worked if this is the guy we take. We could've still had him had we traded down and got some type of an extra draft pick.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Please. Someone. This has got to be a fuggin joke. We ignored the teams that were ringing our phone off of the hook. Ignore the top DT's in the draft to take a Lesser Safety?

Just goes to show your lines first approach isnt worth sh_t.

We didnt like any of the DT's or OT's at 8, we wanted a player who will go one on one with WR's or TE's, very good S's are CRITICAL to the cover 2. Whitner fills a need and is more of an athlete than any of the lineman there.

Start crying now, I actually dont mind the pick. I would have loved it a bit later, but they had no trade partner and they said, if we would pick him at 14, but we cant trade down, why not take him at 8? I cant argue with that.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

I wouldnt say we blew it yet. We shall see in the next couple years. But disappointed right now yes.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jp-era

We didnt like any of the DT's or OT's at 8, we wanted a player who will go one on one with WR's or TE's, very good S's are CRITICAL to the cover 2. Whitner fills a need and is more of an athlete than any of the lineman there.

Start crying now, I actually dont mind the pick. I would have loved it a bit later, but they had no trade partner and they said, if we would pick him at 14, but we cant trade down, why not take him at 8? I cant argue with that.
                      You don't reach for a player. We will be paying a Top 15 safety as the 8th pick in the draft. This is absolutely pathetic.

This guy better turn out to be Ed Reed that's all I gotta say. I hope you guys who has stuck up Marv and trust in him are happy now.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129

ICE, I said that Whitner could be the pick two or three days ago. This is not as far-fetched as it seems. I thought the Bills would trade down with Philly to get him, but it looks like Philly wasn't willing to offer enough for the Bills to do that.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

DT was a MUCH bigger need than S. Teams will still run all day on us.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era

That is because you have no clue about football. You are so hell bent on trying to prove me wrong that you ignore the fact this is an absolutely horrible pick. the 3rd or 4th rated Safety at #8?

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

What would you rather have:

Bunkley DT and Bowen at S?

or

Anderson DT and Whitner at S

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X