• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

What the Whitner Picks tells us

1. That Michael Huff was #1 on our Draft Board like Ive been saying for months, right Ice?

2. Whitner is a very versatile DB and can play Cb, he is also from Ohio St, I think Buffalo is very close to moving Nate and taking an OL/DL late in the 1st, and Watkins to play S in rd 2 or 3.

These are my thoughts on the pick as is
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: What the Whitner Picks tells us

one other thing it may tell us: Matt Bowens was brought in for ST and is not intended to be a starting S.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
      one other thing it may tell us: Matt Bowens was brought in for ST and is not intended to be a starting S.
      You mean Matt Bowen wasn't ever intended to be our starting safety? It can't be. ICE said he was gonna be the starter. Bowen was supposed to be another one of them "up and coming stars"

So much for this theory. This team sucks.

Unless this guy ends up being the 2nd coming of Ed Reed then this is truly pathetic. Even if he does Ed Reed was paid as a Top 20 pick and not a Top 8 pick. He better be the best safety ever to be worth this money.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        1. That Michael Huff was #1 on our Draft Board like Ive been saying for months, right Ice?

2. Whitner is a very versatile DB and can play Cb, he is also from Ohio St, I think Buffalo is very close to moving Nate and taking an OL/DL late in the 1st, and Watkins to play S in rd 2 or 3.

These are my thoughts on the pick as is
        Not really. I am willing to bet Bush and Williams were tops on the board, followed by DBrick, Hawk and Huff. So no, you arent right.

That said Whitner is the 3rd or 4th rated S on most 'experts' Charts. Now I will agree with you on only one point...we must have an offer for Nate. If not, this was a horrible pick. We trade nate, get an extra 1st and move Vincent back to CB...it is a decent pick, not a good one

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

Why give Bowen starter money to play special teams...I am sooo sick of being the laughing stock of the league...The tradition continues...If the fins did this we would be busting a gut in laughter...I hate the way this team has been run the last 6 yeaars

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
            You mean Matt Bowen wasn't ever intended to be our starting safety? It can't be. ICE said he was gonna be the starter. Bowen was supposed to be another one of them "up and coming stars"

So much for this theory. This team sucks.

Unless this guy ends up being the 2nd coming of Ed Reed then this is truly pathetic. Even if he does Ed Reed was paid as a Top 20 pick and not a Top 8 pick. He better be the best safety ever to be worth this money.
            Really? Vincent is currently #1 at FS and Bowen at SS. Maybe Vincent will lose is job to the FREE Safety we just drafted? Or we trade clements and move Vincent back to corner.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Let me let you in on a little secret.. Whitner and Vincent are your starting safeties.. NOT Bowen.

If you want to hold on to that hope to get you through the summer, then be my guest.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• LABillsFan
                • Aug 2002

This'll add fuel to the fire

From ESPN
                Whitner played mostly on special teams in all 13 games of his true freshman season in 2003. He split time with Tyler Everett in the first two games of 2004, then took over as the starter and started the next five games before suffering a knee injury in the first half of the Indiana game. He underwent arthroscopic surgery and missed the next game vs. Penn State. He returned the following week against Michigan State, sat out the next week at Purdue, but returned to play in the final two games of the 2004 season. Whitner started all 12 games as a junior in 2005 and finished with 73 tackles, nine TFL, four sacks and two interceptions. Whitner lacks ideal experience as an early entry prospect that only started one full season (2005) of his collegiate career. He still has room to improve in terms of his recognition skills ...
                I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

You can't argue with ICE. He's a little slow. Bowen will not be our starting safety.

I'm still shocked one of the 5 players ICE predicted to be drafted by us didn't get picked.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Thanks, Marv. You suck you old bastard.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

I am SOOO Pissed with left Leinart on the board, I NEVER expected him to be there.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• goodkarma
                        • Aug 2003

i gotta believe they were in love with whitner and worried detroit would take him, so they didn't want to trade down.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

I think Whitner was the pick all along, even higher than Huff. I think that they feel that Whitner fits their defense and thats why they picked him at 8. I like the pick

Comment

• Tasker
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            I think Whitner was the pick all along, even higher than Huff. I think that they feel that Whitner fits their defense and thats why they picked him at 8. I like the pick
                            hahahahahahaaaa.......Are you also 76 years old? and frgot your pills?

If there is a clements trade involved, then ok maybe ill forgive, but why leave Leinart on the board, you know people wanted him, so lock him up.
                            Greatest Special Teamer in NFL History
                            #89 Steve Tasker

Bills backer
                            Buffalo Bills Blog

Comment

• Bmax
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi

I agree ....This guy will be a player.....Cross your fingers and hope Mccargo last to 42....

Bmax

Comment

Working...
                              X