PDA

View Full Version : TONS of talent still left guys..

Tatonka
04-29-2006, 01:24 PM
to be honest.. the best DTs are still around.. mccargo, wroten, wright.. they will all be there..

tons of OL still available.. only one has been taken..

calm down guys.. i am disappointed to, mainly because i was SURE that we would trade down and get an extra second, but it is what it is..

look.. bottom line is.. we have a HUGE need at safety.. and whitner fills a need. when is the last time that an Ohio St. DB wasnt good?

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 01:27 PM
I said this morning that I THOUGHT Claude Wroten was better than Ngata or Bunkley.

I"ll be ESTATIC if we get him.

and in Marv's defense, I have advocated the BPA available in round one from weeks.. Rounds 2-7 show you what a real GM is made of.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 01:28 PM
That being said, I hate Whitner at 8.. I dont see how its possible with Leinart, Cutler, Justice, Ngata and Bunkley on the board they couldnt trade down with SOMEONE and get SOMETHING to move down 2-6 spots and STILL get Whitner.

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 01:29 PM
IF they get one of those DT's, it might be a little better. it just seems like a reach pick at #8.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2006, 01:34 PM
IF they get one of those DT's, it might be a little better. it just seems like a reach pick at #8.

Not if Detroit wanted to go safety over LB--remember that they were projected to take Huff. Also, Miami was reported to be very high on Whitner as well, so the Bills had to be very careful about trading down.

What killed the Bills was when Oakland didn't take a QB. That meant that the teams looking at QBs could wait and didn't have to offer as much. Same with Philly.

JoeMama
04-29-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't care what kind of talent is left.

You don't marginalize your first pick on a guy like Donte Whitner when so many better football players are available.

Whatever "plan" OBD has -- if you actually want to call it a plan -- it should start with getting the best players available.

There is no plan here, it's just one big extemporaneous **** up.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Not if Detroit wanted to go safety over LB--remember that they were projected to take Huff. Also, Miami was reported to be very high on Whitner as well, so the Bills had to be very careful about trading down.

What killed the Bills was when Oakland didn't take a QB. That meant that the teams looking at QBs could wait and didn't have to offer as much. Same with Philly.

Right, I heard about miami also wanting Whitner. The last thing you want is your division rival to get the player you want.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Right, I heard about miami also wanting Whitner. The last thing you want is your division rival to get the player you want.
yes but drafting him BEFORE your rival doesnt help your situation.

Tatonka
04-29-2006, 01:42 PM
guy.. no one thought evans was worth the 13th pick.. i am happy with it now..

we got a guy that is important to our defense.. remember how big a player mike green was under jauron?

the kid is a junior.. if he would have stayed for his senior year, he would have been a top 10 pick and people would have been fine with it..

the pick is made.. *****ing isnt going to change it.. he could be a great player for us.

Philagape
04-29-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't care what kind of talent is left.

You don't marginalize your first pick on a guy like Donte Whitner when so many better football players are available.

Whatever "plan" OBD has -- if you actually want to call it a plan -- it should start with getting the best players available.

There is no plan here, it's just one big extemporaneous **** up.

The problem is just the opposite ... they had a plan and stuck to it no matter what, with zero flexibility. Their plan was to take a safety, period, and Whitner was next on their safety board.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 01:52 PM
This just makes me laugh my ass off when I heard two months ago that Perry Fewel allegedly said "we already have our starters at safety."

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 02:11 PM
The problem is just the opposite ... they had a plan and stuck to it no matter what, with zero flexibility. Their plan was to take a safety, period, and Whitner was next on their safety board.

And what is wrong with that? If you (Levy & Jauron) feel that the safety position is your most critical need defensively, why hesitate? For those who argue that we could have traded down and picked up an additional pick, is it even worth the risk (any risk) when you feel that this is the best player available who fulfills that need?

If anyone is going to complain about anything, it should be the question of why the Bills chose not to trade up and get Huff.

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 02:12 PM
This just makes me laugh my ass off when I heard two months ago that Perry Fewel allegedly said "we already have our starters at safety."

And where did you hear that? YAHOO sports? Where you also heard how the Bills were intent on trading away J.P. Losman? Good one.

ublinkwescore
04-29-2006, 02:31 PM
guy.. no one thought evans was worth the 13th pick.. i am happy with it now..

we got a guy that is important to our defense.. remember how big a player mike green was under jauron?

the kid is a junior.. if he would have stayed for his senior year, he would have been a top 10 pick and people would have been fine with it..

the pick is made.. *****ing isnt going to change it.. he could be a great player for us.

He better be the next f***in' Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott.

Tatonka
04-29-2006, 02:47 PM
i will be extatic if he is the next mike green.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 02:50 PM
And where did you hear that? YAHOO sports? Where you also heard how the Bills were intent on trading away J.P. Losman? Good one.

No.. the resident "know it all" on this board said that WORD for WORD.

G. Host
04-29-2006, 02:52 PM

Yahoo Sports is better than sites such as www.nflanswers.com. Only thing lower than that if Pro Football Trash.

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 02:53 PM
No.. the resident "know it all" on this board said that WORD for WORD.

:snicker2:

Well then shame on you.

Saratoga Slim
04-29-2006, 03:00 PM

good post. I am firmly confident that he WILL be a great player for us.

before the draft, Marv was reported to be unwilling to trade up, because he was more endeared with the idea of trading down for more picks. I am starting to actually believe that, as unlikely as it feels from the cheap seats, they just couldn't get a trade done.

I was very pissed for an hour or so, but now I'm settling down. This could still be a very good draft.