X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

TONS of talent still left guys..

to be honest.. the best DTs are still around.. mccargo, wroten, wright.. they will all be there..

tons of OL still available.. only one has been taken..

calm down guys.. i am disappointed to, mainly because i was SURE that we would trade down and get an extra second, but it is what it is..

look.. bottom line is.. we have a HUGE need at safety.. and whitner fills a need. when is the last time that an Ohio St. DB wasnt good?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: TONS of talent still left guys..

I said this morning that I THOUGHT Claude Wroten was better than Ngata or Bunkley.

I"ll be ESTATIC if we get him.

and in Marv's defense, I have advocated the BPA available in round one from weeks.. Rounds 2-7 show you what a real GM is made of.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

That being said, I hate Whitner at 8.. I dont see how its possible with Leinart, Cutler, Justice, Ngata and Bunkley on the board they couldnt trade down with SOMEONE and get SOMETHING to move down 2-6 spots and STILL get Whitner.

Comment

• billsburgh
        • Jul 2003

IF they get one of those DT's, it might be a little better. it just seems like a reach pick at #8.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by billsburgh
          IF they get one of those DT's, it might be a little better. it just seems like a reach pick at #8.
          Not if Detroit wanted to go safety over LB--remember that they were projected to take Huff. Also, Miami was reported to be very high on Whitner as well, so the Bills had to be very careful about trading down.

What killed the Bills was when Oakland didn't take a QB. That meant that the teams looking at QBs could wait and didn't have to offer as much. Same with Philly.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

I don't care what kind of talent is left.

You don't marginalize your first pick on a guy like Donte Whitner when so many better football players are available.

Whatever "plan" OBD has -- if you actually want to call it a plan -- it should start with getting the best players available.

There is no plan here, it's just one big extemporaneous **** up.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
              Not if Detroit wanted to go safety over LB--remember that they were projected to take Huff. Also, Miami was reported to be very high on Whitner as well, so the Bills had to be very careful about trading down.

What killed the Bills was when Oakland didn't take a QB. That meant that the teams looking at QBs could wait and didn't have to offer as much. Same with Philly.
              Right, I heard about miami also wanting Whitner. The last thing you want is your division rival to get the player you want.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                Right, I heard about miami also wanting Whitner. The last thing you want is your division rival to get the player you want.
                yes but drafting him BEFORE your rival doesnt help your situation.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

guy.. no one thought evans was worth the 13th pick.. i am happy with it now..

we got a guy that is important to our defense.. remember how big a player mike green was under jauron?

the kid is a junior.. if he would have stayed for his senior year, he would have been a top 10 pick and people would have been fine with it..

the pick is made.. *****ing isnt going to change it.. he could be a great player for us.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama
                    I don't care what kind of talent is left.

You don't marginalize your first pick on a guy like Donte Whitner when so many better football players are available.

Whatever "plan" OBD has -- if you actually want to call it a plan -- it should start with getting the best players available.

There is no plan here, it's just one big extemporaneous **** up.
                    The problem is just the opposite ... they had a plan and stuck to it no matter what, with zero flexibility. Their plan was to take a safety, period, and Whitner was next on their safety board.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

This just makes me laugh my ass off when I heard two months ago that Perry Fewel allegedly said "we already have our starters at safety."

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                        The problem is just the opposite ... they had a plan and stuck to it no matter what, with zero flexibility. Their plan was to take a safety, period, and Whitner was next on their safety board.
                        And what is wrong with that? If you (Levy & Jauron) feel that the safety position is your most critical need defensively, why hesitate? For those who argue that we could have traded down and picked up an additional pick, is it even worth the risk (any risk) when you feel that this is the best player available who fulfills that need?

If anyone is going to complain about anything, it should be the question of why the Bills chose not to trade up and get Huff.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          This just makes me laugh my ass off when I heard two months ago that Perry Fewel allegedly said "we already have our starters at safety."
                          And where did you hear that? YAHOO sports? Where you also heard how the Bills were intent on trading away J.P. Losman? Good one.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            guy.. no one thought evans was worth the 13th pick.. i am happy with it now..

we got a guy that is important to our defense.. remember how big a player mike green was under jauron?

the kid is a junior.. if he would have stayed for his senior year, he would have been a top 10 pick and people would have been fine with it..

the pick is made.. *****ing isnt going to change it.. he could be a great player for us.
                            He better be the next f***in' Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott.
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i will be extatic if he is the next mike green.

Comment

Working...
                              X