PDA

View Full Version : Picking Whitner means JP is our man at QB!

X-Era
04-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Thats for sure. No way Levy would have NOT drafted Leinhart or Cutler if they werent high on Losman.

They must be CONVINCED that Losman is our man.

Peters at RT, Leinharts blindside, he EASILY could have taken him.

We now KNOW the Bills like Losman ALOT!!!!

Kerr
04-29-2006, 01:43 PM
No question. Culter was there for them to pick if they really wanted a qb(which was bogus). Jp is going to win the job.

JoeMama
04-29-2006, 01:46 PM
It's nice to see they have some confidence in JP Losman.

But it's all for not if they can't offer him a single iota of protection.

With Mike Gandy penicilled in as the starter at LT, it's gonna be a long year for any QB we throw to the wolves.

X-Era
04-29-2006, 01:48 PM

With Mike Gandy penicilled in as the starter at LT, it's gonna be a long year for any QB we throw to the wolves.
Drafts not over yet

Kerr
04-29-2006, 01:49 PM

BBI's draft day must not be as exciting.

Anyway, gandy did a decent job last season, but I expect them to address LT in the draft early.

JoeMama
04-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Drafts not over yet

It's the same old Bills.

OBD always neglects the line & this year is no different.

The only hope this team has is if our scouts get lucky & find another Jonas Jennings who can start immediately.

The chances of that are slim to none. Rarely do OT's contribute meaningfully their rookie season.

And we still don't have a defensive line that has a snowball's chance in hell of stopping the run.

They need at least two impact rookies beyond the first round to be competitive next year.

Ain't gonna happen.

Modrak & Levy are a joke.

JoeMama
04-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Also, the Whitner selection may mean that OBD has complete faith Craig Nall is their QB of the future.

Remember, Nall is Levy's boy, Losman was TD's.

doug45
04-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Big mistake we need a QB and we had a chance. I was VERY HIGH on JP when we got him but he has been a major bust.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Who knows with Marv. He drafts this guy at #8 when he could've moved down and still got him. I don't trust Marv or this staff one bit. For all we know they might think Holcomb or Nall will be the next Joe Montana.

realdealryan
04-29-2006, 02:37 PM
One pick and we don't trust the front office?

Levy hasn't had any chance at all to show that his choices can make us a winner. And after his last tenure in this town, we would have "bronzed" him and propped him up in front of the Ralph. But one pick into his first draft and you guys want to bail?

I love this board.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 02:38 PM

Levy hasn't had any chance at all to show that his choices can make us a winner. And after his last tenure in this town, we would have "bronzed" him and propped him up in front of the Ralph. But one pick into his first draft and you guys want to bail?

I love this board.

I know!

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 02:43 PM

I love this board.

It's not just this pick. It's the entire offseason of making crappy moves. Then the reports he had a chance to trade down and didn't do it. Then he drafts a guy we could've had at them positions instead. He got bent over on the Moulds deal as well.

He has bombed out all offseason. Not just the first 2 hours of draft day.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh, and Levy's tenure wasn't so great the first time he was here. Just about any coach could have taken this team to the SB with the talent we had and how crappy the AFC was at the time. Our talent was head and shoulders above the rest of the AFC.

When it counted Marv got his ass kicked and flat out embarrased by the other coaches in the SB. When he did lose his talent this team was terrible and he couldn't win. A great coach would've won a SB with that team in 4 chances.

And I don't wanna hear "At least we made it 4 times" That doesn't mean crap if you get your ass kicked each time and can't win one.

realdealryan
04-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Based on what? Your opinion or results?

realdealryan
04-29-2006, 02:48 PM
I know we are all professional talent evaluators at the NFL level...

but can't we give these guys a shot this year? That's all I'm saying. Maybe some of you like to get way down in the spring and then be pleasantly surprised when we win 6 games. I'd like to be excited for the coming year or at least hold out some hope.

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2006, 03:19 PM
How do we know whether or not the offers to trade picks were reasonable....maybe there was no trade down option good enough on the table. I thought he was a mid first pick, but Buffalo obviously rates him higher. I'll be happier if he can put on another 10 lbs.