PDA

View Full Version : Who created the BZ Draft guide?

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 01:47 PM
They have Whitner as a 2nd rounder possibly with a 3rd round value and rated 4th among safetys.

Horrible pick, much higher talent there, better rated, more productive, more of an impact and would help this team much more than DW would.

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah we're screwed. Especially considering how the person who wrote the BZ Draft Guide is the most highly sought player scout in the game today. You didn't know that? If the BZ says Whitner was no better than a second round choice, well you had better believe that.

My point is that while that person probably knows more about football than I do. I am a huge fan, but days like today remind me of the fact that I really don't know jack. Neither do any of you. At least I can admit that and don't run around calling Marv Levy and Dick Jauron idiots. They obviously know a hell of alot more than any of us.

BigGabes23
04-29-2006, 02:32 PM
exactly, the bills spend millions on scounting and draft preparations. We read mock drafts on the internet.

ICE74129
04-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Jets get a 12 year stud at LT, NE upgrades their running game, and we take the 3rd or 4th rated free safety in the draft.

Sorry, HORRIBLE pick

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Jets get a 12 year stud at LT, NE upgrades their running game, and we take the 3rd or 4th rated free safety in the draft.

Sorry, HORRIBLE pick

At #8 nonetheless. That's a draft pick where you are supposed to get an impact player.

Very few safeties are drafted in the Top 10 to begin with. All of them are projected as superstars before hand and worth that pick at the time. Whitner was nowhere projected there.

You don't draft a safety in the Top 10 unless he is the best one out there and will be an impact player like Roy Williams was. Not for the 2nd or 3rd rated safety in the draft you don't take that high. Marv sucks.