PDA

View Full Version : NFL DRaft Almanac on Donte Whitner

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 01:59 PM
http://www.nfldraftalmanac.com/index.php?c=42&a=482

NFL DRaft Almanac Profile of Whitner.

Check out the "Player he reminds you of" Its Mike Brown of the Bears.

Jauron must have read this. apparently his hard-on for former Bears continues.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Mike Brown is no slouch.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 02:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analyzer
Vic Carucci's Analysis This is a surprise, mainly because Whitner didn't seem to project this high. He was generally regarded as the second- or third-best safety after Michael Huff, and what this pick tells me is that the Bills had wanted Huff but were prepared to go with the second-best player at the position on their board to find a key ingredient to Dick Jauron's new "Tampa Two" scheme that emphasizes two-deep coverage by the safeties. Still, this looks as if it could be a reach. I know the Bills were trying hard to trade down and collect extra choices, but couldn't get any team interested enough to make a deal. Did they panic as the clock wound down?

Pat Kirwan: I like him. He's a matchup player, but he's a guy they probably could have traded down for.

Gil Brandt: Whitner is a safety, but in all probability can also play corner. He is a solid football player who makes solid plays.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 02:05 PM
I know the Bills were trying hard to trade down and collect extra choices, but couldn't get any team interested enough to make a deal. Did they panic as the clock wound down?

According to Vic they tried to trade down, but couldn't get anything.

Drive 4 Five
04-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Why even trade down? They obviously felt that this position was a critical need and Whitner was the best guy at that point. Why take chances?

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Why even trade down? They obviously felt that this position was a critical need and Whitner was the best guy at that point. Why take chances?
DT is a more critical need than safety. Bunkley would have been much better for this team at this time.

ublinkwescore
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
DT is a more critical need than safety. Bunkley would have been much better for this team at this time.

I agree.