• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

NFL DRaft Almanac on Donte Whitner

NFL DRaft Almanac Profile of Whitner.

Check out the "Player he reminds you of" Its Mike Brown of the Bears.

Jauron must have read this. apparently his hard-on for former Bears continues.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: NFL DRaft Almanac on Donte Whitner

Mike Brown is no slouch.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Vic Carucci's Analysis This is a surprise, mainly because Whitner didn't seem to project this high. He was generally regarded as the second- or third-best safety after Michael Huff, and what this pick tells me is that the Bills had wanted Huff but were prepared to go with the second-best player at the position on their board to find a key ingredient to Dick Jauron's new "Tampa Two" scheme that emphasizes two-deep coverage by the safeties. Still, this looks as if it could be a reach. I know the Bills were trying hard to trade down and collect extra choices, but couldn't get any team interested enough to make a deal. Did they panic as the clock wound down?

Pat Kirwan: I like him. He's a matchup player, but he's a guy they probably could have traded down for.

Gil Brandt: Whitner is a safety, but in all probability can also play corner. He is a solid football player who makes solid plays.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

I know the Bills were trying hard to trade down and collect extra choices, but couldn't get any team interested enough to make a deal. Did they panic as the clock wound down?

According to Vic they tried to trade down, but couldn't get anything.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

Why even trade down? They obviously felt that this position was a critical need and Whitner was the best guy at that point. Why take chances?

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
            Why even trade down? They obviously felt that this position was a critical need and Whitner was the best guy at that point. Why take chances?
            DT is a more critical need than safety. Bunkley would have been much better for this team at this time.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by billsburgh
              DT is a more critical need than safety. Bunkley would have been much better for this team at this time.
              I agree.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
              X