PDA

View Full Version : For All you people in the Bils War Room

BigGabes23
04-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I am sure the Bills entertained trade offers, but didn't get any, and then took the player they wanted. Whitener is Awsome, and is a perfect fit. News Flash, NFL teams don't draft based off of mock drafts off the internet. Whitner will make a bigger impact then either DT in this draft.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 02:02 PM
On Whitner, I hope you're right.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I said this morning Claude Wroten was better than Bunkley or Ngata.. Lets hope we get the chance to find out ..
IF we get WRoten (I can also live with Wright or McCargo) then I'll be a lot happier.

My problem is I was REAL high on Bullocks or Watkins at safety.. oh well.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 02:06 PM
If it was someone in the Bills division that made this pick the Bills fans who are homering the pick would be laughing at them.

It was widely documented and even on the show that teams were calling about trading up and we stood pat.

You can't tell me with Lienart, Cutler and the top DT's on the board that teams wanted they wouldn't have traded up to make sure they had their guy? I don't buy it.

Marv isn't good enough to sell the trade and make the other team believe that somebody else is gonna trade up or get the player instead. A good GM probably would've squeezed a trade out of somebody.

With Leinart on the board Arizona would have doubts whether the Lions or somebody else might want him and would be trying to trade. Marv can't sell the bait just like he got pushed over on the Moulds trade.

BigGabes23
04-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Whitner would have gone no lower then 15. The bills were in a tough spot, and I think they made a good choice, especially with Buckley falling to 14.

Mean Machine
04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I am sure the Bills entertained trade offers, but didn't get any, and then took the player they wanted. Whitener is Awsome, and is a perfect fit. News Flash, NFL teams don't draft based off of mock drafts off the internet. Whitner will make a bigger impact then either DT in this draft.

Well, it was a terrible pick however you look at it for a guy that was NOT projected till late in the round! The guy was even injured and needed surgery in college! When you have a chance to take an impact player like Lienart or Cutler, you don't pass up that opportunity! You take the best players on the board at that time or address your needs on the line or a DT, end of story!

TD took Willis in the draft when everyone passed him by and it was a great pick! Now for a guy like Whitner who was supposed to go around 17th or 18th pick and pass up on a stud DT?

Give me a break! Bad pick!

They missed the boat on this one and the blame should be on Marv and his cast of idiots!

acehole
04-29-2006, 02:25 PM
I said this morning Claude Wroten was better than Bunkley or Ngata.. Lets hope we get the chance to find out ..
IF we get WRoten (I can also live with Wright or McCargo) then I'll be a lot happier.

My problem is I was REAL high on Bullocks or Watkins at safety.. oh well.

Pat you are 100% correct but pot baggies? In his car? Marv will sheet unless he want some. Macargo will make me feel better.