PDA

View Full Version : Marv turned this down?

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Clayton reporting both Philly and Denver had offered their #1 and #2 to move up to Bills #8 position. believe it or not. If true, I am even more pisssed about this pick.

The Spaz
04-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Bull****.

Kerr
04-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Marv has some explaining to do. That's crazy. If a deal couldn't be made is one thing, but...

Philagape
04-29-2006, 02:14 PM
If it's true, God help our team.

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I dont even want to react to this until its confirmed.

If its True Marv should be fired TONIGHT.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Bull****.

Why is it bull****? Because you might not wanna believe it. It could be true just as easily as it could be incorrect.

Marv was probably worried not getting Whitner. Marv failed. They were even reporting during the draft they were on the phone with these guys. The screwed up and we missed out on extra picks.

Seems funny Denver traded up 3 picks after us for Cutler. Why is it impossible they didn't try and trade with us? It would even be more likely they would've tried with us because they would've been worried with the Lions and Cardinals coming up that one of them would've taken Cutler or maybe even another team trading up.

Marv didn't seal the deal fast enough and we missed out. I'm glad some of you are happy Marv is here. Thanks Ralph Wilson. You screwed up again.

You let Polian get away years ago and have hired nothing but junk since. Please sell the team.

If they were worried about another team taking Cutler after Leinart was gone and he passed by the Lions and Cardinals you are trying to tell me they wern't worried at #8 and didn't wanna move up? I don't buy that. Marv sucks and our team will continue to suck while he is here. I'm tired of this crap.

JoeMama
04-29-2006, 02:16 PM
If that's true, pack your bags for LA because the fix is in by Ralph & Co to bail out of Buffalo.

goodkarma
if that is true, i'd be deeply disappointed.

patmoran2006
The most F'd up thing is they could have gotten WHITNER at 14 or 15!

Novacane
Link? If that is true Marv sucks

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
both stations, espn and nfl network were saying the eagles and broncos really wanted to trade up. they did f up by not getting a trade done.

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Link? If that is true Marv sucks
sorry, no link. espn radio

The Spaz
04-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Of course if it's true then I will be pissed. As far as value if that was what was offered then Marv totally ****ed up

BigGabes23
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
If that is true I will be mad, link? Why didn't they report that on the show? It would have been quite a storyline

Novacane
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I really did not want to hear this. I was already disapointed enough with the pick

patmoran2006
04-29-2006, 02:21 PM
IF Its true Im sure it will come out in the next day or so...

acehole
04-29-2006, 02:21 PM
I would guess 2 things..

They didn't work fast enough...or

They were afraid he would be gone.

Either one we may never know.

Its not like they will say anything.

Either way bothers me...to much hinges on one player int this system.

We could of had either fat guard with that 2nd rounder pick.

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM
both stations, espn and nfl network were saying the eagles and broncos really wanted to trade up. they did f up by not getting a trade done.

Both stations aren't wrong. Marv sucks. I said it when he was hired it was a mistake and a PR move at best. Marv isn't capable of running this team. He has more then proved it this offseason and this is just the icing on the cake.

Now I know the homers will say otherwise unless they call Mike Shanahan or Brian Billick on the phone and ask them the truth themselves. There isn't enough "proof" for them. They need to set up a court date with a jury to believe anything bad against us.

The Spaz
04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I am switchign back and forth on the TV from NFLN to ESPN and neither has said it on TV.

ublinkwescore
04-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Well, if the Bills do move to LA, I could actually reasonably go see their games.

:brace: :ontome:

BillsFever21
04-29-2006, 02:26 PM
I would guess 2 things..

Either one we may never know.

Its not like they will say anything.

Either way bothers me...to much hinges on one player int this system.

We could of had either fat guard with that 2nd rounder pick.

If they were afraid he would be gone then Marv is in over his head even more then I already said he was.

And even if he was, oh well. You get a 2nd round pick out of it and there is still other safeties in the 2nd along with good DL help at them positions.

Whitner isn't that much of a must have and better then anybody else that you worry about that and sacrifice netting a 2nd round pick for. If he was then more teams would've had him higher on their draft board and made a run for him. I hate Levy and Wilson. These old bastards are gonna ruin us even more.

I hope you guys are happy. You thought that just getting rid of Donahoe was gonna solve everything and Marv would be so much better. Even though Donahoe wasn't the best he still did some good things. He is 10x better then Levy and 10x more qualified then he will ever be.

Novacane
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
I would guess 2 things..

They should have taken the gamble. He likely would have been there at 14 or 15.

billsburgh
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
I am switchign back and forth on the TV from NFLN to ESPN and neither has said it on TV.
this was while the Bills were on the clock. they didn't say what they were offering then, just that they wanted to.

Philagape
04-29-2006, 02:29 PM
The ONLY justification for this pick is if we couldn't trade down.

If we could have, then Marv Levy is a stubborn, senile dope. :ee:

Saratoga Slim
04-29-2006, 02:36 PM
if we couldnt trade down, I am fine with it, maybe even happy.

but if we learn for sure in the next few days that we could have scored Philly or Denver's 2nd round pick AND STILL GOTTEN WHITNER, OBD has some very serious explaining to do. It's almost like not getting your card to the table in time--complete lapse of judgment